Official Tournament Talk

Rekkuza

It's not that we are "afraid" it's that we took so much time to put a team together and now that there is a ot limit we must go and refarm pokes ev train and lvl up then meanwhile like myself a lot of us have irl things to tend to I for one work a min of 41 hours a week sometimes 70hours so yeah

Here We can see your skills; That what we want to see not your money.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

319838 One question:

After the registration limit how much time until the first fights. Im interested on participating but I have finals on January. So if the fights have to start on January i wont be able to participate.

Anyway thx for the new tournament.

As for the OT almost all my competitive pokes are OT so yay :Shy:

The teams need to be verified prior to the competition beginning. Also I will need to compile three server's worth of registrations and organise this.

I can't see it happening any sooner than 20th January - as this gives me a 5 day turn-around time. I wouldn't like to leave it too much longer than that though.

319908 Prosh wrote:

Source of the post Here We can see your skills

I'll pop in just to say that there isn't anything "skillful" into having good rng, statistically speaking one could farm for 1000 hours straight and never find a decent pokemon, you just increase the chances of finding one over time.

And what about one have millions of money by selling MSs, axes, mounts, clothes, ... and buy the best pokemons at Trade and one other player cannot do

that he hasn't money, he can only try to hunt for until get the a good pokemon and take time to train it??

Can you say that players have the same chance here?

319896 The point of recording is to ensure the correct Pokemon are used. You could submit a Gyarados and say you are using it, but actually use a different one in the battle and we would be none the wiser.

Could this not be done regardless? Unless its mandatory to show the stats of all of the party Pokemon in the video too which is just needless excess tbh - but if you guys will review every video, thats your workload. Credit to you if you guys will review 3 videos per battle and cross reference each users party mons with their submission.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

319838 One question:

After the registration limit how much time until the first fights. Im interested on participating but I have finals on January. So if the fights have to start on January i wont be able to participate.

Anyway thx for the new tournament.

As for the OT almost all my competitive pokes are OT so yay :Shy:

The teams need to be verified prior to the competition beginning. Also I will need to compile three server's worth of registrations and organise this.

I can't see it happening any sooner than 20th January - as this gives me a 5 day turn-around time. I wouldn't like to leave it too much longer than that though.

Ok, Thanks. I guess I will have to wait closer to 15january and think if i will have the time.

As for the OT rule I totally get what you guys are trying to do and it makes sense. At least on Red server since its the oldest. I have 2000+ hours, if i wanted i could have a really good and expensive team bought from the shop(but I dont cause im poor) As for the recording both the MODs and the players have a word here. I get you guys cant be everywhere anytime, and sometimes players would "walk arround the rules" if you dont. But a lot of players still play on old PCs that really cant run or have space for the recording. My opinion here is the MODs have the priority as are they the ones who have to make things work. But working on a spectate battle ingame that way if someone isnt able to record others can should become one of your ideas for future tournaments. For now we have to work with what we get.

It's not that we are "afraid" it's that we took so much time to put a team together and now that there is a ot limit we must go and refarm pokes ev train and lvl up then meanwhile like myself a lot of us have irl things to tend to I for one work a min of 41 hours a week sometimes 70hours so yeah

Here We can see your skills; That what we want to see not your money.

I have a lot of skill in pvp I'm not saying at all that in the best but I can work very well with what I have

4K82h71.png

The point of recording is to ensure the correct Pokemon are used. You could submit a Gyarados and say you are using it, but actually use a different one in the battle and we would be none the wiser.

For this reason a one-take video showing this, and the full battle so we can also monitor if PvP rules are followed or not - this saves disputes after also.

don't need to record, Daeon...don't do this, omg.

On the first tournament when we call chappy to be our referee and when we were ready to battle, he tooks us to the first sinnoh city, or a place without PC and then he asked us to put our 6 pokemons in the chat that he had created, he checked our pokes and he said to send a battle.

just take the 2 players to a (different) place without PC, check their pokemons and say ok.

And you say to the battlers to don't use escape rope..., after the first battle you take both to the last PC visited and when both are available to battle again, you take them back to the second round