Factions Concept.

Orihara

44822 Greetings PRO players, i'd like to introduce you to a concept that might interest you; Factions.

[glow=red]Now before i start, keep in mind that this only a concept, not something that is planned to be implemented, only for discussions and feedback if possible.[/glow]

What are factions?

ractions is sort of a global organization that allows players to have extra content and many sidequests along side with possible daily tasks.

This is a concept that many of pokemon fans have been asked for ages "Why can't we join Team Rocket?"

Well, bad news on that because it wont be Team Rocket. You can join either "The Revolution Army" Or "The Rebellion"

There will be a ranking system that will allow you to have more content the more your rank increases, those will be PvE, PvP and possible dungeon Raids, also you can customize your organization base if you have the rank that is authorized to do so.

Main concept is that those two factions are enemies with each other. However, there wont be any occupation on areas, cities or towns. Only exclusive content for players whom wish to join those factions.

Discuss :)

I really like this idea. I do have a couple niggles though.

In regards to the "exclusive content", I assume this means clothing/mounts etc?

Also will there be an option to be Neutral or switch factions? Or is it a case of you have to pick, and once you've picked that is it?

The idea of raids sounds fun in addition to PvP, as it gives those who do not want to PvP a new lease of life after completing story - plus it would be nice to make use of areas such as the blocked off caves near Bill's House, south of Trainer Valley and the one in Dragon's Den.

Will these raids be done solo or as a team? Or would you have the option?

There is also the idea of rewards and the rank system, I'm assuming the rank system will be like an exp bar with rewards you can purchase from an NPC once you have reached certain levels - but in a raid, will there be some kind of boss reward? If solo, this is fine, but I question how it will be managed if raids are to be done in groups of people. Personally I'd rather a boss fight rewarded a higher amount of "rank exp" for lack of a better term, than to have rewards, to stop the "oh this is unfair" kind of response when they don't receive something good, whereas someone else does. And in this way you can to an extent, choose your own rewards - this also provides a good money sink too, if you make it so that you have to have a certain rank +payment for each reward. Or they could be done alongside eachother. *shrugs* who knows at this point.

:Shy:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44839 Fractions as in... Factions?

I would like this concept. Maybe we could use the Black City and the White Forest from the B/W Pokemon Games as the "Exclusive Towns."

Although I would fear that some players could get a bit too absorbed in the idea and would create a toxic environment if not policed correctly.

It's not a problem for an MMO to have an environment where people are at odds with each other. Every MMO needs a moderate amount of toxicity. It creates more immersion, gives people more of a reason to actually join a guild and fight other guilds.

I like this idea of factions, but I think you should be able to join factions that already exist in game, like Team Rocket. You could also be able to join factions whose purpose is directly based on something about Pokemon, like Pokemon types (Team Water, Team Steel and so on). I think it's also important that you can only join one faction.

Just one point, u wrote "ractions" instead of Factions in the beginning.

The idea is very fun actualy (altough when i was asked if i wished to join the Team Rocket i was like, HELL YEA!! xD)

The names of the factions u sugested i dont rly know where they would fit in the pokemon universe. but thats just my idea.