Factions Concept.

Orihara

Guest BastionMMXVI

Switch The Revolution Army to The White Lance and The Rebellion to The Black Mace/Any kind of weapon that fits

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see this in game! I think you're going in the right direction with a rebel faction and an organised one. You see those two variants most of time in games:

- World of Warcraft: Horde / Alliance

- Assassin's Creed: Assassin's Brotherhood / Templars

- Blade & Soul: Cerulean Order / The Crimson Legion

Usually I'm not so bad at this, so I'll take some time and try to come up with some names, I think would be cool :Cool:

The way I see it - at some point, you as a player will encounter an argument between the two factions then you get an example adventure/mission/quest and you get to know the different sides with each their own values. After the sudden event you get to choose which side you want to be on. Then you work your way up the hierarchy of the chosen faction. The higher you get, more content is unlocked. This could be new locations (like Shipuujin said), faction specific items, new outfits per faction to represent.

My 2 cents at the moment but I'll come back to this tonight :D, great stuff! :Heart:

EDIT*: Oh boy this was from Oct 17, didn't realise there were already 20+ pages of posts

While the idea is OK per say, I would rly prefer seeing some kind of high risk high reward PvP implemented in the future once all the abilities and moves are working as intended. I am just brainstorming here but something similar either to Runescapes wilderness or eve onlines 0 security regions. PvP engame creates its own stories whereas endgame PvE becomes dull rly quickly once everyting gets figured out.

I love the idea of factions.

There was an older pokemon MMO I used to play that had factions for awhile, and you could choose or not choose to join one or the other. Access to faction meant different things for either faction, but the main thing was you could attack the opposing faction at any time, and winning meant you got some of their money.

If something like that were put in, would probably need a bank system to put money into, and some way to constantly rebalance the factions to keep the numbers even.

Factions rock though. Bring it on.

Man! I would love to have a type of Dungeon raid in Pokemon! I really don't mind having a faction system, but I would LOVE to have a Dungeon raid! It would be awesome to complete them with friends or Guild members/Randies as well as gaining the look and exp from them. I think it would improve the quality of game play for everyone. Adding Dungeons will eliminate the complains of people saying 'It's to hard to grind' at a certain point. Or 'I don't own the right items/own enough money' And what not. :)

44830 I like the idea a lot since it's an mmo and such things are appropiate for this genre, BUT, i dislike on the names :P for some reason it made me think about One Piece

Also I can't imagine a Raid on a Pokemon-based MMO, I just can't... how the heck would it be?

How about legendary Pokemon? Have the mini bosses be those who protect them and what not? It doesn't matter that much that PRO breaks away from the original game. :)