Anti-monopolization of mebmership.

Padawan96

331670 but do u think that they all left the game?

Please read what i actually responded with, you clearly didnt if you think i mentioned that anywhere near to every botter was banned.

331670 But contrary to what you said they are actually only 2 staff members who can ban botter : Daeron and Kagawa.

False, Mapplle is a GM, and Shamac has also bot hunted before, however the duty does fall on GM's not admins (Daeon) or CC's (Shamac).

Also, as Prehax also mentioned, you do seem to over-dramatize the bot situation massively, and every post of recent i have seen from you it is mentioning the "bot master race" and how staff dont do enough or staff need to do more and right now every player is being made not to play the game because of the botting situation. All of my points were listed in my previous reply, please revisit that if you wish for me response to your latest reply.

Also, over the 9 months i served as staff, we evolved on several different occasions in order to ban bot users, unfortunately the bot itself also evolved in that time - its not as simple as Shane flicking a switch and all the botters are gone, if it was that simple it would have happened a long time ago. Staff do their best to contain and counter the bot situation but they cant keep the game bot free constantly, and with the amount of bots compared to staff, its a near impossible ask - however again, they do what they can and do a real good job of removing botters on a day-to-day basis.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

331645 just try harder farm something epic and buy a ms like they did stop drama :D

Everything would be ok only IF pokemon prices wouldnt stay the same. I used to hunt a lot of pokes and deliver them at "reasonable" prices (auctioned most of the time) and I really enjoyed doing that. But now I (and probably many others) feel really discouraged to do that because you have to grind your soul out to get membership.

As someone already said on this post, the situation make players rather save the gold to buy ms pokes. Why would I grind so much to get an item that allows me to grind even more? That is what doesn't feel right in my opinion. At the end, trade market freezes as not many players are motivated to hunt anymore but rather "wait" for pokes that never come.

331721 Why would I grind so much to get an item that allows me to grind even more? That is what doesn't feel right in my opinion. At the end, trade market freezes as not many players are motivated to hunt anymore but rather "wait" for pokes that never come.
Most sensed argument ever said :y: . Somehow , when exca were at their glory days, market and the game overall was the more enjoyable, almost everyone had an ms activated at that times , now you got a dead market with insane price , ms pokémons are almost never farmed anymore and so never seen in market for selling . Dunno why exca got destroyed like that , even for PRO's outcome it was better to do not put them in such trash state , and pretty much impacted the community"s motivation with an hammer .

Mimimimimimimii

I can appreciate the frustration caused by this matter, however no changes will be made and I will explain here why as best I can. I will also cover other topics raised in this thread to the best of my ability. As there are a few, and if I miss one, I do apologise.

Firstly, a reminder what Membership actually is. Membership, along with other items in the Coin Shop, was introduced as a method of producing income via donations to the game, in order to support the growing community. Please note that we do not ever force Players to buy anything from the Coin Shop. Everything found in the Coin Shop is an additional perk - where you receive something in return, of your choosing, for your generosity and as a thank you for supporting the game.

The game was initially made to support only a handful of players. During our busiest periods, for example in May prior to the Blue server being introduced - we had queues of over an hour in some cases for Players to log in. Now we have three Servers to run and maintain, each holding 1800 spots.

I say this in regards to the Automation Software and Real World/Money Trading situation - the percentage of the community that uses automation software is probably the same as it ever was. The difference now is that due to a huge-scale ban by Shane, Players are aware of it.

Nothing has changed, but public perception.

PRO is an MMO, unfortunately in every community - real life, MMO or otherwise, there are people who seek personal gain and give no regards to the consequences of their actions. This results in things such as inflation, monopolisation and general unrest and rule breaking.

We are not responsible for human nature, however, we do our best to create a fair community as best as we can. Please appreciate that we use our free time to do this, we are all volunteers around full-time jobs, families and other commitments.

Rules are made available on our Homepage, and our forums. We also ask that when you register, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of the game, and they are linked there also. We provide all the resources possible to give as many chances as possible for people to correct their behaviour. If they choose to accept these T&Cs and then break them, then they are punished according to our Punishment Policy.

In regards to the economy of PRO, there is a simple solution to this however, again, due to human nature, will most likely not be acted on. The same way that the price of Membership has risen, it can also fall by process of undercutting. If you create a competitive market, where you sell for lower than another seller, in order to sell the item yourself instead of losing the sale to someone else, gradually the price will fall. But as said, people seek personal gain above all else and the likelihood of this happening is very slim.

The way we try to counter-act this is to provide money sinks such as Subways and Item Selling NPCs. At this point in time, we would just cause further uproar if we raised the price of these types of money sinks or introduced an excessive amount of them.

Finally, in regards to the Suggestion that started this topic. This is a good idea, but becomes an issue when for example someone trades a Pokemon but forgot to remove the item and then can't retrieve it back and other such situations. To allow room for human error, I'm afraid this will not be implemented. I do have another idea though, that I have presented to the Management team. I will not share it at this stage, but I'm hoping it will provide compromise in both retaining incentive to donate but providing fair chance to all Players.

331740 I can appreciate the frustration caused by this matter, however no changes will be made and I will explain here why as best I can. I will also cover other topics raised in this thread to the best of my ability. As there are a few, and if I miss one, I do apologise.

Firstly, a reminder what Membership actually is. Membership, along with other items in the Coin Shop, was introduced as a method of producing income via donations to the game, in order to support the growing community. Please note that we do not ever force Players to buy anything from the Coin Shop. Everything found in the Coin Shop is an additional perk - where you receive something in return, of your choosing, for your generosity and as a thank you for supporting the game.

The game was initially made to support only a handful of players. During our busiest periods, for example in May prior to the Blue server being introduced - we had queues of over an hour in some cases for Players to log in. Now we have three Servers to run and maintain, each holding 1800 spots.

I say this in regards to the Automation Software and Real World/Money Trading situation - the percentage of the community that uses automation software is probably the same as it ever was. The difference now is that due to a huge-scale ban by Shane, Players are aware of it.

Nothing has changed, but public perception.

PRO is an MMO, unfortunately in every community - real life, MMO or otherwise, there are people who seek personal gain and give no regards to the consequences of their actions. This results in things such as inflation, monopolisation and general unrest and rule breaking.

We are not responsible for human nature, however, we do our best to create a fair community as best as we can. Please appreciate that we use our free time to do this, we are all volunteers around full-time jobs, families and other commitments.

Rules are made available on our Homepage, and our forums. We also ask that when you register, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of the game, and they are linked there also. We provide all the resources possible to give as many chances as possible for people to correct their behaviour. If they choose to accept these T&Cs and then break them, then they are punished according to our Punishment Policy.

In regards to the economy of PRO, there is a simple solution to this however, again, due to human nature, will most likely not be acted on. The same way that the price of Membership has risen, it can also fall by process of undercutting. If you create a competitive market, where you sell for lower than another seller, in order to sell the item yourself instead of losing the sale to someone else, gradually the price will fall. But as said, people seek personal gain above all else and the likelihood of this happening is very slim.

The way we try to counter-act this is to provide money sinks such as Subways and Item Selling NPCs. At this point in time, we would just cause further uproar if we raised the price of these types of money sinks or introduced an excessive amount of them.

Finally, in regards to the Suggestion that started this topic. This is a good idea, but becomes an issue when for example someone trades a Pokemon but forgot to remove the item and then can't retrieve it back and other such situations. To allow room for human error, I'm afraid this will not be implemented. I do have another idea though, that I have presented to the Management team. I will not share it at this stage, but I'm hoping it will provide compromise in both retaining incentive to donate but providing fair chance to all Players.

:y: Thank you. :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.