Team preview in PVP

Krepachu

I already suggested this and it got ignored so I guess I'll put my faith in this one. It shouldn't really matter if people agree with this feature or not because it's part of the Gen 5 and Gen 6 mechanics. When you play in PvP matches there is always team preview which is why I consider this game a Gen 4/5 game rather than Gen 6. So once again... I agree with this 100%. I don't take my PvP matches serious without this feature being in the game. If you want to read up on how beneficial this would be to the game then just read my post.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't do this!

What's the fun of building a good team with strategy, surprise effect and so on, if your opponent can see your team before the match? This would totally destroy predicting and effective countering, and surprise effects.

If this is going to be implemented, please make it optional.

345967 Please don't do this!

What's the fun of building a good team with strategy, surprise effect and so on, if your opponent can see your team before the match? This would totally destroy predicting and effective countering, and surprise effects.

uh, what? most lures are going to be moves / items / abilities anyways so I don't know how team preview affects that at all? At worst it reveals Acrobatics Talonflame as not holding an item but otherwise...

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

uh, what? most lures are going to be moves / items / abilities anyways so I don't know how team preview affects that at all? At worst it reveals Acrobatics Talonflame as not holding an item but otherwise...

Well for example, I use a weather team where the lead is not the weather setter, and I like that cuz my opponent don't know that till i summon it.

Well for example, I use a weather team where the lead is not the weather setter, and I like that cuz my opponent don't know that till i summon it.

and that is a surprise how? weather teams are dominating the ladder right now, the assumption is that you ARE running a weather team

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

https://www.smogon.com/tiers/ou/advantage_team_preview

346006 show abilities, natures, evs investment. ivs , holding items and moves of each pokemons at the same time

that will be more competitive and fair :Shy:

Only showing the pokemon and if they are holding an item or not is enough. The competitive part about it is when you try to predict the sets of the pokemon in front of you based on the team that surrounds it. Predicting the opponent's lead is what makes it competitive as well.

346006 show abilities, natures, evs investment. ivs , holding items and moves of each pokemons at the same time

that will be more competitive and fair :Shy:

Only showing the pokemon and if they are holding an item or not is enough. The competitive part about it is when you try to predict the sets of the pokemon in front of you based on the team that surrounds it. Predicting the opponent's lead is what makes it competitive as well.

not like showdown, pokemons in pro are not all 6*31, so i think showing stats is important to make pvp fair