PvP Rewards Discussion.

Daeon

1. 1.

Guest alanudao
364581 But one thing is for sure there should be no set date of the ending pvp season because of the fact where the top 5 will none stop pvp till the end of that or say someone goes to sleep with a 30point lead as say the 2nd place guy stays up and pvps till they just hit 1st would be kinda annoying

think is not so simple, if the end is radom, the second place cold pass the 1st, in a night, end when the day begins the season is over e.e, with a fixed date, both ( 1st and 2nd place) knows that the last the will be crucial ( if the rating difference betwen this 2 arent too high) and can plan for that day. i think the must frustrating thing is being vunerabel to this type of randomness, i mean the battles already have too much of this :V

although i understand ur point, and yes it is kinda more exciting this way, but i think the maximum uncertainty that can satisfy both points of view is like 5 days, like: a season can be plus 3 or minus 2 days longer or shorter , respectively, than the other. thats my point :Grin:

Yes no set date but going from 3days longer 2 days shorter each season will keep that from happening

but at least u understood that the point isthat a player can prepare him self for the end of the season, he at least have certain that it will end in that specific range of time

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alanudao
364581 But one thing is for sure there should be no set date of the ending pvp season because of the fact where the top 5 will none stop pvp till the end of that or say someone goes to sleep with a 30point lead as say the 2nd place guy stays up and pvps till they just hit 1st would be kinda annoying

think is not so simple, if the end is radom, the second place cold pass the 1st, in a night, end when the day begins the season is over e.e, with a fixed date, both ( 1st and 2nd place) knows that the last the will be crucial ( if the rating difference betwen this 2 arent too high) and can plan for that day. i think the must frustrating thing is being vunerabel to this type of randomness, i mean the battles already have too much of this :V

although i understand ur point, and yes it is kinda more exciting this way, but i think the maximum uncertainty that can satisfy both points of view is like 5 days, like: a season can be plus 3 or minus 2 days longer or shorter , respectively, than the other. thats my point :Grin:

Yes no set date but going from 3days longer 2 days shorter each season will keep that from happening

but at least u understood that the point isthat a player can prepare him self for the end of the season, he at least have certain that it will end in that specific range of time

364547 PVP Sets

This might not be the best suggestion but for someone who started playing when yellow was created the frustration is big that we can't unlock the older PVP cloaks; hence I suggest to make ALL PVP cloaks obtainable for everyone at every season this will also ensure that people don't have too many coins over; means they can buy more (not tradable stuff) -> value of PVP coins doesn't fall further.

These clothes were created to be assigned to the top 25 of a specific season. If everyone could just buy them they wouldn't be unique and wouldn't represent the specific seasons anymore. It doesn't really matter what the server is. If you joined red server later on you wouldn't have been able to get them either. What's next? You want everyone to be able to buy a copy of Mestrepokemon's Suicune as well because you couldn't participate? Let it go.

Also, this change should never be made just because people have too many coins. It's a lame excuse to try and get this change done. The uniqueness of these clothes were already discussed in the past, when the PvP Coin Master first got implemented, in the thread below among others.

The Coin Master thread:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=39794&hilit=pvp+clothes

I think one of the reasons some people lost interest in laddering is the fact that rewards aren't something unique. Making cloaks obtainable for everyone would only result on people get more demotivated . I mean rewards lose value when everyone can have them, same with competition. Why would you compete for something everyone can have , if you can just wait for season to end and buy it with coins from the shop.

I honestly don't know what is the best thing to be added as reward , i just hope it is going to be something unique , something that will motivate people to battle for it ( a new cloak is a reward people would love to have and pvp for it - but i believe it should be available for top25 players only ). PvP season ends , results with people's names are out but that is easily forgotten/has low worth. People need something unique to remember their success.

PRO like every game has content that is available for everyone , doesn't mean everything must be available for everyone.

364999 I think one of the reasons some people lost interest in laddering is the fact that rewards aren't something unique. Making cloaks obtainable for everyone would only result on people get more demotivated . I mean rewards lose value when everyone can have them, same with competition. Why would you compete for something everyone can have , if you can just wait for season to end and buy it with coins from the shop.

I honestly don't know what is the best thing to be added as reward , i just hope it is going to be something unique , something that will motivate people to battle for it ( a new cloak is a reward people would love to have and pvp for it - but i believe it should be available for top25 players only ). PvP season ends , results with people's names are out but that is easily forgotten/has low worth. People need something unique to remember their success.

PRO like every game has content that is available for everyone , doesn't mean everything must be available for everyone.

Agreed.

364547 PVP Sets

This might not be the best suggestion but for someone who started playing when yellow was created the frustration is big that we can't unlock the older PVP cloaks; hence I suggest to make ALL PVP cloaks obtainable for everyone at every season this will also ensure that people don't have too many coins over; means they can buy more (not tradable stuff) -> value of PVP coins doesn't fall further.

These clothes were created to be assigned to the top 25 of a specific season. If everyone could just buy them they wouldn't be unique and wouldn't represent the specific seasons anymore. It doesn't really matter what the server is. If you joined red server later on you wouldn't have been able to get them either. What's next? You want everyone to be able to buy a copy of Mestrepokemon's Suicune as well because you couldn't participate? Let it go.

Also, this change should never be made just because people have too many coins. It's a lame excuse to try and get this change done. The uniqueness of these clothes were already discussed in the past, when the PvP Coin Master first got implemented, in the thread below among others.

The Coin Master thread:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=39794&hilit=pvp+clothes

364999 I think one of the reasons some people lost interest in laddering is the fact that rewards aren't something unique. Making cloaks obtainable for everyone would only result on people get more demotivated . I mean rewards lose value when everyone can have them, same with competition. Why would you compete for something everyone can have , if you can just wait for season to end and buy it with coins from the shop.

Hello xApoman & Zinsmiter,

first of all I do appreciate both of your responses besides the fact that this the weakest suggestion of all the things I have mentioned and I even said so "This might not be the best suggestion", anyway you both focused just on that specific suggestion (you both didn't even mention once the other things I have said in my post).

I did suggest "unique" things such as the forum rank/border or the tribute in game, you can't get that from just playing.

364475 The problem we have at the moment is that the vast majority of seasoned RPvP Players have obtained all possible rewards, and at this point in time, the value of PvP Coins has deflated - the 500 PvP Coin Reward seems like nothing to what it was when they were first introduced. This is understandable and just the case in any type of economy.

This is also not true, this might apply for the oldest server and maybe blue but certainly not for yellow, the only player who has everything is Revo tmk; so focusing only on the Red server in that matter is not a good thing in my opinion.

The fact that yellow only had 2 cloaks but had at least 4 or 5 seasons doesn't make anything unique at all; hence saying that cloaks are a seasonal unique is not true at least not for me while there are thee other sets we couldn't even get.

It is true that red has/had way more things that other servers so focusing on a change because the "vast majority of seasoned RPvP Players" has everything; well no.

The overall cost for all mounts and sets is 4200 PVP coins (not including items and only the things that are currently available) so this should take quite some time; I am not sure how much "Top rating" players on red have everything but besides revo nobody has that much obtained on yellow yet.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

365097 Hello xApoman & Zinsmiter,

first of all I do appreciate both of your responses besides the fact that this the weakest suggestion of all the things I have mentioned

Umm okay but i just did my general suggestion for the future pvp rewards , didn't intend to make a response to your suggestions xD.

Anyways, i don't know that much for yellow pvp rewards , i mean it's true you didn't have a chance to compete for the oldest cloaks but i believe that if they were to be added, they would be added for all servers again. Will it be a good thing? for the yellow server maybe , for the red server probably bad in my opinion. I don't have the first cloaks too , i wasn't playing from the start and then i was really bad for some time so i missed some cloaks xD. Still i think it is fair and reasonable for the oldest players to have some unique rewards. They played from the start of the game and thus they have some more rewards than anyone else.