A short guide to trade chat

Cyllis

I have noticed that the meaning of some of the abbreviations and words used in trade chat are unclear to some players so l have decided to create a short list. (DISCLAIMER: THIS GUIDE CONSISTS AT LEAST 50% OUT OF SARCASM, YE BE WARNED.) Here goes

wtb - want to buy

wts - want to sell

bo - best offer > the price mentioned is the last offer by the highest bidder, the seller could be artificially increasing prices if no names of other bidders are given

bo + [name of player] - a best offer that's probably reliable > someone has actually offered on [pokeX]

lfm - looking for more

[pokeX] offer - the seller wants people to pm with a price > asking for a price is considered bad etiquette and will get you ignored most of the time

compro - a word meaning "buy" used by people who don't understand all main chat rooms are supposed to be English only

[pokeX] 2k pm quick!!! - your poke is bad and nobody wants it

[pokeXshiny] fully trained in [wrong ev] pm quick!!! - your poke is bad and nobody wants it

pm quick!!! - let's be honest here, you've been trying to sell it for the past week > your poke is bad and nobody wants it

instantly closing a chat window on a low offer - you don't understand how haggling works

incorporating the word "noob" in your trade request - you're a noob

cheap! - not cheap

epic! - not epic

super epic! - definitely not epic

perfect iv's!!! - wrong nature

[pokeX] [perfect nature for that poke]!!! - terrible iv's

Additions by Somes:

instant 100k - this pokemon will be instantly sold for that price

bo 20k 5 min - best offer is 20k and time remaining on the auction is 5 minutes

nfs - not for sale > use battle or all chat if you just want to show off

jhoto only - the pokemon is caught in jhoto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished kanto and elite4 kanto yet

kanto only - the pokemon is caught in kanto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished jhoto and elite4 jhoto yet

I hope this helps some folks out there make better use of the chat, thanks for reading!

Very good job indeed, this will help lot of people. Thanks for the input!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

giphy.gif

giphy.gifSometimes life is not what you expect... What really matters is to enjoy the little things...

50805 I have noticed that the meaning of some of the abbreviations and words used in trade chat are unclear to some players so l have decided to create a short list. Here goes

wtb - want to buy

wts - want to sell

bo - best offer > the price mentioned is the last offer by the highest bidder, the seller could be artificially increasing prices if no names of other bidders are given

bo + [name of player] - a best offer that's probably reliable > someone has actually offered on [pokeX]

lfm - looking for more

[pokeX] offer - the seller wants people to pm with a price > asking for a price is considered bad etiquette and will get you ignored most of the time

compro - a word meaning "buy" used by people who don't understand all main chat rooms are supposed to be English only

[pokeX] 2k pm quick!!! - your poke is bad and nobody wants it

[pokeXshiny] fully trained in [wrong ev] pm quick!!! - your poke is bad and nobody wants it

pm quick!!! - let's be honest here, you've been trying to sell it for the past week > your poke is bad and nobody wants it

instantly closing a chat window on a low offer - you don't understand how haggling works

incorporating the word "noob" in your trade request - you're a noob

cheap! - not cheap

epic! - not epic

super epic! - definitely not epic

perfect iv's!!! - wrong nature

[pokeX] [perfect nature for that poke]!!! - terrible iv's

I hope this helps some folks out there make better use of the chat, thanks for reading!

These are very bad things to tell people in my opinion, especially people new to the game who might not realize you're just being very sarcastic. :[

When someone says "Good IVs!" or "Epic!" and it's not your ideal "Epic" or "Good IVs" doesn't mean it's not theirs. There isn't really an official definition for Epic or Good IVs, same with natures.

tumblr_inline_mgpda7y5yU1qdlkyg.giftumblr_inline_mgpdabT2651qdlkyg.gif

tumblr_nud14zy5Ct1qk6fqao1_540.gif

039.gif040.gif042.gif

[PokeX] Instant 100k - Meaning, selling instantly for that price!

and

[PokeX] bo 20k 5 mins - best offer is 20k and time remaining is 5 minutes.. which means someone can out bid that player by offering more in between 5mins.

another one

[PokeX] nfs - Pokemon , Not For Sale (NFS)

hahahaah 1 more!

[PokeX] Lowballers ignored - Definitely the pokemon is good natured and ivs (maybe shiny or normal), low money offers will be ignored for it.

OMG sry mate another one xD

[PokeX] Jhoto only: Means that the pokemon is caught in jhoto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished kanto and elite4 kanto yet.

[PokeX] Kanto: Means that the pokemon is caught in kanto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished jhoto and elite4 jhoto yet.

I'll see if somethings missing <3

Btw Nice guide pal keep it up! :Cool:

8tdrGli.png

••MY GUIDES••

Bag_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png[glow=red]EV Training Hot Spots[/glow]

244.png[glow=red]How to get Legendary Dogs[/glow]

Shiny collector and Proud Member of BlaZe~

<i></i>

you can keep your humor part (and i think you put this part as the most important)

but here is "guide" not "general talk" or sth, better make it blanket like this:

sell [pokename] epic! - selling a pokemon with high IV and good nature pokemon ( sometimes it's not epic. just to draw your attention)

You may also interested in:

my Pokémon Revolution Online Game Guide List

https://goo.gl/Hmuazl

50867 [PokeX] Instant 100k - Meaning, selling instantly for that price!

and

[PokeX] bo 20k 5 mins - best offer is 20k and time remaining is 5 minutes.. which means someone can out bid that player by offering more in between 5mins.

another one

[PokeX] nfs - Pokemon , Not For Sale (NFS)

hahahaah 1 more!

[PokeX] Lowballers ignored - Definitely the pokemon is good natured and ivs (maybe shiny or normal), low money offers will be ignored for it.

OMG sry mate another one xD

[PokeX] Jhoto only: Means that the pokemon is caught in jhoto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished kanto and elite4 kanto yet.

[PokeX] Kanto: Means that the pokemon is caught in kanto and can't be traded to a player that hasn't finished jhoto and elite4 jhoto yet.

I'll see if somethings missing <3

Btw Nice guide pal keep it up! :Cool:

Edit and added!