Ban unaware+softboiled

Xrevolutionx94

Why is there so much controversy? It's an illegal combination of moves which means it shouldn't be allowed lol. +1 to Revo and his idea for bringing this up.

100% agree with u

Is exactly right, is something illegal, and it must be banned, but also ban gliscor defog+poison heal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kabanero91

Softboiled+Unaware is not illegal on Showdown because its too strong but because that combo cant be legally obtained in OG games. PRO is not showdown or one of the original games, PRO is a game where this combination is available. And about not knowing if Clef is Magic Guard or Unaware, entry hazards/status conditions easily reveal it. Also while Clefable is undoubtedly strong, it has plenty of Pokemon that can deal with it. If someone allows Clefable to go up to +3 or more then tbh they deserve to lose. This combo is not nearly as overpowered as Genesect, i dont see why anyone would make that comparison(its annoying as hell, yea, but its not something that is incredibly difficult to deal with).

One final point: if this combo gets banned then all other combos like defog+poison heal should be banned aswell, just like other people said.

Just my opinion as an average player

Softboiled+Unaware is not illegal on Showdown because its too strong but because that combo cant be legally obtained in OG games. PRO is not showdown or one of the original games, PRO is a game where this combination is available. And about not knowing if Clef is Magic Guard or Unaware, entry hazards/status conditions easily reveal it. Also while Clefable is undoubtedly strong, it has plenty of Pokemon that can deal with it. If someone allows Clefable to go up to +3 or more then tbh they deserve to lose. This combo is not nearly as overpowered as Genesect, i dont see why anyone would make that comparison(its annoying as hell, yea, but its not something that is incredibly difficult to deal with).

One final point: if this combo gets banned then all other combos like defog+poison heal should be banned aswell, just like other people said.

Just my opinion as an average player

clefable cant get it bc of the generation but people did research on how op it would be and its would be a abused pokemon eligible for sus testing. also this is pro without teamview once again if you dont fliter through somes team and u lose you check for it its over AND LIKE I SAID u get another move without wish protect what dont u understand this is illegal and shouldn't be a thing?

4K82h71.png

You are asking people to vote +1 or -1 and then berating the people that voted -1......

Its not that im mad its that not one had a good better yet no one had a decent reason y to leave it?

If you go back and read them you would see that none of them made any sense? The only one now that made a little was djs..

Im trying to have a decent pvp community but people wanna to add on illegal [Censored] to a broken pvp meta THAT DONT EVEN HAVE TEAM PREVIEW??? You wont even be able to predict a unaware pokemon vs magicguard based off team build :l and if you want to look into why clefable cant learn softboiled hf bc once you clef check/counter is gone bc you didnt know they had one its over for your team unless you wanna bing 5 check with you hf? oh and toxic lol since softboiled theres a slot open for moves so say hello to healbell fyi there were posts on why clefable cant learn it and why it should never learn it

You stupid little man. You asked people to +1 or -1 if they agree/disagree not one place did you tell them to add reasonings. You want to come at ME because YOU are being an ass to people on YOUR OWN THREAD? How about you come correct next time instead of berating people for having different opinions than you. I don’t give a flip what your reasonings are for the ban but the way you have acted in this thread has been repulsive.

Guest Kabanero91

i understand what you are saying but it seems you dont understand what i tried to say, PRO is not showdown or a Nintendo game. The team preview argument works for every poke out there; for example, if your only answer for Scizor is scarf Magnezone and it dies before it gets rid of Scizor its over, just like with Clef. No team preview is a completely different matter and imo shouldnt be used as an argument when deciding what to ban in PVP. Aaaand, it is illegal in ORIGINAL games. It is easily obtained in PRO, which means it is legal in PRO. If we are going to ban stuff based on if it is obtainable in OG games then lets also ban all Pokemon caught in their non-native areas(eg Fletchling cant be obtained in kanto in og games so lets just ban all kanto Talonflames because of that) If something that can be easily obtained should be banned, lets test it first for a season or so and not before anyone barely even had a chance to use it(just like Showdown would if this combo was legal in Nintendo games)

I still dont simply understand the arguements.

1) The first arguement is its banned because you cant obtain it in the orriginal games. Pro is created to bridge the regions in a fluid way in order to connect the entire pokemon universe. If this is your arguement then thats fine but you are literally neglecting the fact that PRO IS NOT the orriginal games.

2) It is too difficult in pvp. I understand it is difficult in pvp but thats how pvp works. If you let a mon set up on you that is your issue. If talon gets up +6 it has no checks. This series takes three turns to complete much like the arguement of letting clef get +3 spatk/spdef. If it proves to destroy the meta there should be decisions made then. But pro is filled with steel and poison type mons. Most good players have multiple. Im sorry but the act of arbitrarily banning it before its even played is nonsense.

3) A plyer cant pick and choose when they wanna follow smogon and when they do not. Gliscor literally changed the meta. People did not go up in arms. Dugtrio is banned in showdown and for a long time broke the meta, but is not banned. If you will argue one argue them all.

Untitled.png

Guest Kabanero91

I still dont simply understand the arguements.

1) The first arguement is its banned because you cant obtain it in the orriginal games. Pro is created to bridge the regions in a fluid way in order to connect the entire pokemon universe. If this is your arguement then thats fine but you are literally neglecting the fact that PRO IS NOT the orriginal games.

2) It is too difficult in pvp. I understand it is difficult in pvp but thats how pvp works. If you let a mon set up on you that is your issue. If talon gets up +6 it has no checks. This series takes three turns to complete much like the arguement of letting clef get +3 spatk/spdef. If it proves to destroy the meta there should be decisions made then. But pro is filled with steel and poison type mons. Most good players have multiple. Im sorry but the act of arbitrarily banning it before its even played is nonsense.

3) A plyer cant pick and choose when they wanna follow smogon and when they do not. Gliscor literally changed the meta. People did not go up in arms. Dugtrio is banned in showdown and for a long time broke the meta, but is not banned. If you will argue one argue them all.

Exactly what i wanted to say but my english is kinda bad xd, thank you :y: