Suggestions for the Battle Tower

Dakivid

Suggestions for the Battle Tower

jJ6Qwt3.png

Hello guys. Akalli and I decided to think about possible changes for the new introduced Battle Tower, that can or should be changed in our opinion. We think that the Battle Tower is a really good implementation, but some things should be changed. We would like to hear your guys opinion about the stated options down below, and if you have any changes or ideas for them, please let us know.

1. Things that should be changed:

- Removal of Legendary PvP Mounts from the random rewards of the boss "Cynthia":

We think that some of the PvP rewards should only be obtainable by doing PvP, and not by doing PvE like bosses. Doing PvP is extemely time consuming, it takes about 10 minutes for one match, if you play offensive teams. It would take you about 5000 minutes if you win every match that you're doing (loses are not calculated in that time).

-

2. Things that would be nice to have:

- Exclusive rewards for the Battle Tower and PvP

New Mounts, Clothes, etc. would be nice to have for either. One can not be obtained by the other.

- Better rewards for consecutive wins:

For example, if you manage to beat Cynthia three times in a row, you will get teleported to a different room, with a PC in it, where a static Pokémon is located, which can be synced. Starting with Tier 5 Pokémon, getting better over time, after each consecutive win. Also, more coins after a fixed amount of consecutive wins would be nice to have.

-

3. Nice ideas from other players:

- Player names as NPC names: (by Yakuzah)

It would be nice to have real player names as the name of the NPC in the tower. For example, the first ten NPCs will be renamed to the Top 11-2 of each server's PvP Ladder, and the Cynthia Boss will be renamed to the top player of each server's ladder (zarate619 and Specterito for last months ladder). If this is not possible, we would have a different idea: The top 11-2 players of the PvP ladder will be ranked with their rating, so every server would have the same players. Cynthia would be Top 1 with the most rating.

- PvE coins from other bosses: (by CyBeR54)

Harder bosses (Ash Westbrook, Battle Boss) should drop a low amount of PvE coins when beaten.

Special thanks to Akalli and Yakuzah, who helped me with this post. We would like to hear about your ideas down below. Feel free to PM me on Discord (dakivid#8526) if necessary. If we like your idea we will add it to this post. Thank you for reading.

Edited by Dakivid
  • Like 5

I agree with 1 and 2. The Kyogre mount seems to be a rare reward and nobody else (as far as I know) got it but me, but I can understand it would piss off people that spend hours doing PvP and now it is a possible reward from beating the Tower just once.

I have my reserves about number 3. NPCs mention that gym leaders like to go to the Tower and I find it nice to encounter them there again with their little bit of dialogue. Giving them players names would make it just feel impersonal and pointless dialogue to me. But in the end, it isn't really important, I wouldn't mind if such a thing would be implemented.

unknown_-_transparent_-_scaled.png

I agree with 1 and 2. The Kyogre mount seems to be a rare reward and nobody else (as far as I know) got it but me, but I can understand it would [bad Word] off people that spend hours doing PvP and now it is a possible reward from beating the Tower just once.

I have my reserves about number 3. NPCs mention that gym leaders like to go to the Tower and I find it nice to encounter them there again with their little bit of dialogue. Giving them players names would make it just feel impersonal and pointless dialogue to me. But in the end, it isn't really important, I wouldn't mind if such a thing would be implemented.

The third point was designed to "reward" PvP players with something unique, as far as I know. Yes, the dialogues with the gym gym leaders is nice too, I have to agree. In the end it will be a decision from the Staff, and it's depending on what they think about this. Thank you for your thoughts, though.

agree

the dialogue will be meaningless if they are replaced by real players