Let us catch all 3 of each trio!

Imtrippin

Hello everyone. First of all I'd just like to start with that I'm really happy with all the progress that has been made by the developers. At this point there's almost nothing pvp related to complain about which is great of course. Almost every move, ability and pokemon is coded, we have team preview and I've heard (but haven't seen staff confirm it myself) megas are on the way as well. With all these pvp changes I feel like it's time we take another step and give every player the freedom to catch every single Sinnoh lake trio, every single legendary dog and etc.

Pros:

* The pvp meta will be more diverse as players can now have a bigger pvp pokemon collection and therefore less limits in team building.

* Many old players (including myself) chose their trio legendaries long ago and some regret the choice they made. Sure, everyone did have a choice but some players don't really know what play style they prefer to use when they catch legendaries and later find out that their chosen legend doesn't suit them at all.

* This would mean another step towards us being able to "catch them all" which is what pokemon is all about anyway.

Cons:

* There will be a huge demand of reroll tickets, which would either have to bring more events or new ways to obtain them.

* It will make bosses easier to beat since we will get more options to counter some and that's not really optimal since most bosses already are way too easy.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the trios here. None of them are ubers and they're all balanced in pvp. I still believe we should be able to catch all legendaries and just ban away those who actually are problems. What's in ubers are in ubers for a reason and that's not what this thread is about. I'm only bringing this up to make it clear what this thread is about after having discussions about this topic in different discords within this community. One of the points that some brought up was that this would ruin the creativity in the meta and make people run 6 legendaries in 1 team. I have to completely disagree with that since running 6 legendaries in 1 single team isn't a very good idea with the current legends we have in the game and I also believe that more mons always mean more room for creativity. Lastly I just want to say that the pros are way bigger than the cons and I would love to see this implemented.

TL;DR

Letting us catch all the trio legendaries will improve the pvp meta game, it will let old players who regret their choice finally obtain their desired trio without having to start a new account. It would also mean that we would be one step closer to be able to catch all pokemon. All this for the price of having to fix another way to obtain reroll tickets and making the bosses a little bit easier.

Thank you for reading :)

• Like 10

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, same goes for the eon duo. latios and latias have unique niches because of the disparity in power and bulk and their slightly different learnsets, would be nice to get both

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

+1

Don't see a reason why we should pick between three different Pokémon that are all played differently. If a team works well for a friend of you and you don't have the one of the trio he's been using you cannot even try it yourself. As poppy already said, it would make PvP a lot more diverse and all, and I cannot see cons at all, especially because the trios were released ages ago. I would still keep the option to only catch one of a trio for about three months when a new trio-set is released in the feature.