Improvements on the mysterious ticket

Imtrippin

I'll start off by saying that this is a step towards the right direction. Staff, I know you already had this planned long before my thread but at least the whole concept of letting us catch all legendaries is something you're for after all. Anyway let's get right into it.

So first of all this is the information I've gotten about the mysterious ticket:

* 1 single ticket costs 100 pvp coins OR pve coins.

* The odds for getting a legendary is 45%, odds for rotom is 5% and you have a 50% chance of getting a pseudo legendary.

* The legendaries that can be obtained are Mew, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, Heatran, Azelf, Uxie, Melsprit (12 different legendaries)

Based on this information it's clear that the odds of obtaining a legendary that you want already is really low. Let's say you want a relaxed Uxie for example and that you chose to catch Azelf out of the sinnoh trio. The odds of catching the Uxie with the mysterious ticket is 1/12 of 45/100 which is a 3.75% chance. So the let's round that off and say it's a 4% chance. For 100 pvp coins you get a 4% chance of catching your desired legendary which you will also either have to use a bunch of ultra balls or use a master ball to catch (just as catching a normal legendary I guess, but just pointing it out) which means most people will end up spending 110 coins if they do get lucky and encounter any legendary at all for that low 45% chance.

What I think should be changed:

* The pseudo legendary spawns AND the rotom spawn should be either completely removed or changed to something like 20-10%. Sure, we're able to use both pvp and pve coins to obtain this ticket but unless you spam pvp it will take a long time to get a ticket without having to buy many many expensive tickets in trade chat to obtain that desired legendary you want (this also includes ladder players since they still have to wait until the next month to get those reward coins). Regarding pve coins, you can only get like 25(?) every 4 days from the battle tower and also the sinnoh underground where you can go once a day and get 1-3 pve coins if you find the treasure. What I'm trying to say with all this is that it's wayyy too much of a gamble to make it worth it and only the really rich players and the players who ladder every single season will be able to get their desired legendaries except a few lucky players. Keep in mind, there's also a 50% chance to even land the sync once you encounter your desired legendary which makes the odds even lower of getting what you want.

* Either what I wrote above or make it a lot easier to obtain mysterious tickets or lower the price A LOT. With the current odds I would say it's just a big scam until those tickets cost about 30-40 pvp coins and 50 pve coins. Another way of solving this could also be to always include free mysterious tickets in upcoming events and make some bosses give them as reward (and not with incredibely low odds).

With all this being said I still think just letting us catch all the legendaries that are available from this instead of making it a huge gamble, but it is what it is. This feature does have the potential to become something useful but right now it's just a big money sink.

TL;DR

Either remove pseudo legendary spawns and Rotom spawns, make the mysterious tickets much cheaper or add them as boss rewards and give out free mysterious tickets in upcoming season events. I'm not satisfied with a 4% chance of catching my desired legendary and I assume most players would want better odds as well.

Thanks for reading another wall of text if you did.

Edit: They lowered the price to 75 pvp coins. This is 1 step towards the right direction. Thanks for the support everyone.

Edit n2: The price has went back to 100 pvp coins.

Edit n3: Thank you for changing it back to 75 coins, staff xD

Edited by ImTrippin
  • Like 8

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im agreed too. And, I wonder, for example, if I chose Azelf, I can get it again? This would be a great change too to get only those legendaries what you dont have currently, or you could choose it from that 45%.

Im agreed too. And, I wonder, for example, if I chose Azelf, I can get it again? This would be a great change too to get only those legendaries what you dont have currently, or you could choose it from that 45%.

From the information I got in the PRO discord support channel you're able to catch legendaries that you already own.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

Instead of small chances to get ONE legend, it would be better to spawm them like this.

- 3 dogs (you catch only one of course);

- 3 lake guardians (same as before, not gonna copy paste every time lol);

- mew, celebi, jirachi (^);

- Latios, latias (^);

- Heatran, Phione, whatever in future.

It would be already better and less frustating.

The idea is good, but it has strongly random and lucky factor.

Also, I kinda dislike the fact that people can catch more than 1 legendary. Having a box full of Mew is meh. Add that you can't catch a legendary you have in box. You release and then it may spawn.

And some poke that can spawn feel like you wasted 100 coins. Zoroark, goodra..

• Like 1

Instead of small chances to get ONE legend, it would be better to spawm them like this.

- 3 dogs (you catch only one of course);

- 3 lake guardians (same as before, not gonna copy paste every time lol);

- mew, celebi, jirachi (^);

- Latios, latias (^);

- Heatran, Phione, whatever in future.

It would be already better and less frustating.

The idea is good, but it has strongly random and lucky factor.

Also, I kinda dislike the fact that people can catch more than 1 legendary. Having a box full of Mew is meh. Add that you can't catch a legendary you have in box. You release and then it may spawn.

And some poke that can spawn feel like you wasted 100 coins. Zoroark, goodra..

I personally really like the idea of letting us catch more than 1 of each legendary as some are versatile enough to be played in many natures as jirachi can be played with careful and jolly for example. I like your idea of choosing 3 legendaries together and then have a 33% chance of getting exactly what you want if that's what you meant. That would drastically improve the odds at least. Anyway thanks for the support.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

I personally really like the idea of letting us catch more than 1 of each legendary as some are versatile enough to be played in many natures as jirachi can be played with careful and jolly for example.

but what happened to the "legendary are supposed to be leggendary" thing? I know many poke need different build.. but well, it's your choice on the build you choose.

I like your idea of choosing 3 legendaries together and then have a 33% chance of getting exactly what you want if that's what you meant. That would drastically improve the odds at least. Anyway thanks for the support.

Yes that's what I meant.

At least it wouldn't be a super hyper lucky thing.

but what happened to the "legendary are supposed to be leggendary" thing? I know many poke need different build.. but well, it's your choice on the build you choose.

Yes that's what I meant.

At least it wouldn't be a super hyper lucky thing.

At this point I couldn't care less about "legends being legends" and all that. All I want at this point is a showdown MMO or something close to that. That's why I want legends to be catchable multiple times.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT