Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

Are these rewards just examples of possible rewards or is this for every boss because I like the variety of getting other possible pokemon or items from different bosses better. Also, will we be able to sync the Pokemon or get a possible shiny poke because I liked this a lot when doing bosses. I love everything else though, the different tiers is an awesome idea. ^^

• Like 5

Becks.png?width=937&height=221

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like money reward from bosses will hava huge nerf. This is one thing I don't like. Reward like current PC Boss, Pewdie, Love Island, and others, will be missed. And also, to get a decent amount of cash you will have to face always strong bosses with no items allowed.

• Like 6

I think the template of different difficulties per bosses is pretty cool, reward system is also kinda cool but i'm not sure about the rewards by themselves. I mean, was it the 4mons that you choses and will be the same everytime, or is it an idea and pokemons will be different through bosses ?? If it's everytime the same mons, i'm not sure i agree cause these particular mons will loose all their values, and i liked the fact that we could get some mons that we wouldn't hunt otherwise via the boss system.

An other thing that i would desapreciate if i did understand it correctly is the "egg" part. I'm not really amiliar in eggs/daycare in Pokemon since i didn't played on the orginal games, but is there a part where we can have an influence on ivs/nature/abi ?? In this case, i would disagree.

Otherwise, the ideas are cool imo, i just think they need a little bit of clarification / modification if needed.

Zel

• Developer
It seems like money reward from bosses will hava huge nerf. This is one thing I don't like. Reward like current PC Boss, Pewdie, Love Island, and others, will be missed. And also, to get a decent amount of cash you will have to face always strong bosses with no items allowed.

It's a nerf for some bosses but a buff overall as you get more money for doing all bosses (by a lot).

Edited by Eaty

Not working on updating bosses on the wiki was not a lazy decision. It was a wise decision. (っ'ヮ'c)

Here I would hope that eggs are syncable. Or maybe, like Fossils, a special NPCs would allow to sync eggs at an extra cost? But I do like the idea of receiving the rewards as egg instead of directly being added to your PC.

Otherwise, everything's looking good to me. Really eager to see how held items are going to turn out. Although I'm still worried that they may end up too easy because of their AI.

• Like 2

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

[uSER=1661637]@SyaoranLi[/uSER] and I are currently reworking the bosses and need your opinions/suggestions.

Restrictions for bosses

- No megas anymore.

- A maximum of 2 legendary Pokemon.

- A maximum of 1 shiny or form Pokemon.

- No guaranteed shiny rewards anymore.

- Teams have to be discussed with testers.

- Remove all PVP Coin items from boss rewards.

- Every boss needs custom messages that have character.

Possible template

There are 3 difficulty levels:

Easy: Pokemon have no EVs.

Medium: 252 EVs on all Pokemon.

Hard: 400 EVs on all Pokemon, you can't use items.

- All Pokemon have 31 IVs and are level 100.

- Medium and Hard have hold items.

- All Pokemon have the best possible natures and abilities.

- Easy doesn't give a win for the third-win reward.

- You have to be the region champion to challenge the boss.

Rewards are split in 3 tiers:

Tier 1: 5-10x Focus Sash, 5-10x Weakness Policy, 5-10x Air Balloon, 5-15x Lum Berry, 5-10x Sitrus Berry

Tier 2: 5-10x PP Up, 3-8x Rare Candy, 1x Small Train Ticket, Corphish Egg

Tier 3: 1x Gible Egg, 1x Dratini Egg, 1x Bunnelby Egg, 1x Scyther Egg

Easy: 85% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 5% for tier 3 rewards, 5-10k money reward.

Medium: 80% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 10% for tier 3 rewards, 5-26k money reward, +2 PvE Coins.

Hard: 60% chance for tier 1, 25% for tier 2 and 15% for tier 3 rewards, 20-40k money reward, +4 PvE Coins.

- Third-win rewards let you choose a reward from tier 3.

- No requirements to fight bosses anymore other than reaching the maps where the bosses are.

- If a user has less than 100 hours playtime the boss will give a warning that it might be better to try the easy level or keep training.

Pls update also the how to beat boss guide if needed regards with this revamp on bosses

@Eaty but usually u would avoid those lower bosses that gives u like 10k, at least i do that, because it's hard to go to them for such poor reward. so it will always be a nerf. U increase the overall cash, but do 60 bosses its complicated. I would suggst either remove some bosses, and buff the cash. or either create an area for bosses or at least let the bosses be more acessible, not all, but many of them. ex: erika/ash westbrook/naero... to some cities, so u can easly reach with a TP.

• Like 3

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

I think the Ideas are nice. But I hope the rewards by Brock as example Fossils stay.

And Eggs isen't a good reward. For me tier 1 because no synchro = 90 percent trash.

Synchable Poke is the best reward and pls stay this. It is very important for Poke how Rotom, Porygon or other very rare Poke.

And u need a bigger selection as Gible Egg, Dratini Egg, Bunnelby Egg, Scyther Egg. I have all this Poke. It is no reason for me to fight a Boss. All this Pokes farmable.

Good prices could be: The Poke has a bigger chance for h.a + synchable. Bigger chance for Shiny. Nature Reroll Ticktets (It need to get easylier because the price is momentally to big for the using). Other Tickets maybe for the Legendary - Island (not released). PVP-Items. Acarde Coins.

Thx for reading.

• Like 1