Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

I think that removing Pvp Items from Reward in Boss is wrong, I have many, but there are many new players that do not have them and the method defeating a boss is viable to get them.

What about the 1/4000 .. the truth, I gave Reward shiny many times, and never came out 1 . It was too much that Reward I think.

And to increase the difficulty and quantity of Bosses seems to me a wonderful idea, in turn, incorporating Egg's Pokemon.

And maybe in the future, Mega stones like 3th reward.

Edited by Chaosknigth
  • Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN MY OPINION.. bosses are there to help 200-600h ish players that want to get into pvp, its a way to get items, money and maybe nice mons. So the idea of giving eggs away that arent syncable and the money nerf seems wrong for me.

edit: In my humble opinion. I think if u wanna make the game grow more you u gotta find a way to get people into pvp faster cause its what most of the players are here for. Sorry if im being disrespectfull, I love the idea of the bosses revamp!

I've only 245h so maybe experienced players think differently!

Edited by Davokthedark1
  • Like 2

Some people rely on bosses for pokes, items, and money. I cant picture a whole lot of profit with this kind of update. Which is kinda the point to bosses. The new update would only get you money if the cooldown was lowered significantly. Also, a lot of people have spent months just building their boss team.... which would probably just sit in the PC forever after this.

Also I like how each boss has rewards to their specific kind. Like Erika and Volcarona. Why would I want a scyther every time I battled? Or a corphish?! That just seems so pointless.... it doesn't feel like much of a reward to be honest.

• Like 2

all bosses should have different rewards imo. this takes all of the use out of bosses. if all have the same reward possibilities it's pretty pointless imo. i don't like the idea presented for rewards, but the boss difficulties are definitely a good idea. i think the rewards should be rarer things as bosses get more difficult, not based on tiers. some bosses should keep their shiny reward, like letrix shiny magikarp. basically if all rewards are the same, and there's not really the ability for shiny chance(which 99% of the time people pick), bosses will lose their significance big time. some people rely on bosses to make money, get PVP items, etc. and i think that's the way they should stay. the current boss system isn't broken by any means, so why do something to change it?

• Like 4
yKPcHlh.png

-Eggs seems pointless to me, nothing special about them except that they can't be synced which is one of the rewarding feature of bosses. I would suggest boss pokemon rewards to remain syncable. Some people don't like to hunt for hours and just try their luck at bosses to get synced pokemon and some pokemon are exclusive to bosses so no way to get them synced doesn't seem good to me.

-Hard mode rewards seem low considering the difficulty, 60% chance to still get t1 (berries after hardwork, nice troll) is pretty high imo. And low money reward tbh, all purpose of doing bosses would be gone.

Edited by StarkV
  • Like 5

I dont think the rewards make it worth the time it takes to build boss teams. People work hard to build teams and beat bosses for the syncable pokes..having same reward for all bosses is not a good idea. I wouldnt want to fight the boses for these pokes. Money nerf sucks too it will make the bosses not worth the effort.

This boss rework seems really good, i would just change a few things regarding tier 3 rewards and difficulty.

I think the difficulty rework is a really good idea because right now some boss are not worth to farm for late game players.

- No megas anymore.

maybe keep 1 mega for each boss at least in high difficulty, that would be sad if high difficulty is too easy

Rewards are split in 3 tiers:

Tier 3: 1x Gible Egg, 1x Dratini Egg, 1x Bunnelby Egg, 1x Scyther Egg

i prefer the tier 2 rewards unless egg have really high chance of shiny

list of rewards should be bigger for tier 3 or different for each boss

With the details of Eggs being a mystery it's hard to say they have any real value as a reward. That said, the egg pool is minute. I only do bosses for the huge variety of third-win Pokemon choices I have, personally. If I lost that and was forced to choose between the current eggs (none of which I like) I'd be disappointed, so maybe having separate egg pools for each boss would be a better approach.

Additionally, the lower monetary rewards has been mentioned and countered by apparently a larger overall yield; although the increase in boss difficulty does not reflect the losses you're sure to encounter in the boss changes as opposed to sweeping the current set of bosses. Do the difficulty of the hard bosses reflect the value for doing them? It's something that can't be answered properly until they're implemented which I don't like the idea of. Adding Big Nuggets or other money based items as percentile drop would be an idea to boost potential cash gain from these update bosses. A static 5% chance of getting a Big Nugget every time you beat a boss as a fourth extra reward. (Like the random MS Medallion from Boss Boss.)

Removing PvP Reward items bolsters PvP Coin value (unsure whether the PvE coins can buy them) so unless these items are added to the PvE Store (if they're not) then that in my opinion is also a negative change for the community section that do not PvP. Giving PvE coins as a reward for boss completions with the option to purchasing those items would make sense, unless you want to overhaul both of the PvE/PvP Stores to have only exclusive items to each of them. Which would be a good idea for making PvE Coins as valuable as PvP Coins but only because they both have their own pool of items / Pokemon rewards. (Which I know PvE Coins have momentarily, PvP Coins could share this aspect with their own pool of Pokemon.)

All in all, it's a change I would welcome. Regardless of how it comes into fruition it's nice to see the bosses being looked at. A lot of bosses currently are underwhelming.

Appreciate it.

• Like 3
WT76FErWT76FEr