Add a extra Trade Chat For Non English Speakers

Lobstercorgi

As the title suggests, I would want to suggest a separate Trade chat meant for those who do not speak English as well as the average English speaker, Its incredibly difficult speaking to someone who doesn't speak English well, or in general. Now i'm not trying to be racist and say that all non-English speakers are terrible at trading, but i noticed that a lot of non-English Trader don't even bother reading the entire post.

For example I am wanting to sell a shiny and i want offers, a non-English speaker messages and says how much i want for it in broken English, clearly showing that he didn't even bother reading the post fully, as soon as you explain that you want him to offer, he leaves rudely without a care in the world, without even saying sorry, or even bothering to offer you anything. Fun Fact: It isn't nice at all, just makes you feel like your never going to sell this Pokemon.

Here's another example, lets say you see a Pokemon in chat, you message the player, hoping you can offer this player something, and as soon as you offer him he leaves chat rudely, you message him again asking why he left rudely instead of telling you why he left, he just says he doesn't like your offer in broken English or in Spanish, or a different language to which you try to google translate, now google translate doesn't exactly give you a right translation, as soon as you finish what you wanted to say, you come back to find that the player left long ago.

Now this feeling isn't exactly the best feeling, you lost the ability to manage to buy a poke you want, but you had to waste time in trying to translate what he said, and what you wanted to tell him.

These two examples prove that having a mixed language chat isn't exactly very fun, and it makes trading absolutely impossible, now i'm not trying to say that all Non-English speakers are like this, i imagine some of them try their hardest to translate what they try to say in order to get what they want, however the biggest issue is that its impossible to communicate with these people. Unless this problem is solved and a extra trade chat meant for those who do not speak English can actually benefit those who wish to just trade with English speakers, and those who speak different languages can trade with those who speak different languages as well. This may sound like segregation, but i just want to make sure that the person i'm trading with, understands me, and i in return can understand this player, Same goes to the player who speaks a different language.

- LobsterCorgi

The u need 25 different trade chats (spanish german Portuguese italian ) and imo its more important that staff focus on ingame mechanics. If people didnt read the full post then they just need to go back to school or buy a glass. Or they just copy and paste in google translator if they dont understand.

Yes it's hard to communicate with no-English speakers, but it's the majority of the community. Just use simple English to speak with others players. And if a player doesn't speak you in English, just close the pm and don't lose time with him.

If you want to do trade with only members of same community as you, you can use the different language chat: "french", "spanish", etc.

The game was build to be international, and English is the 2nd language of the majority of players. It's why all the official chat, discord, forum are in English to not divide the community.

For the same reason, i don't feel it's a good idea to translate the game in different language, it's already hard for players to communicate with each others, if we all have different name for a same item / pkm, it will be insane xD And Walrosskastanie seems to confirm the game will never be translate. However, the next website for PRO will be translate (presentation of the game, rules, etc). Specially for the rules, it's a good idea, sometimes the limit of language can lead some players to misunderstand the rules.

• Like 1

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

As the title suggests, I would want to suggest a separate Trade chat meant for those who do not speak English as well as the average English speaker, Its incredibly difficult speaking to someone who doesn't speak English well, or in general. Now i'm not trying to be racist and say that all non-English speakers are terrible at trading, but i noticed that a lot of non-English Trader don't even bother reading the entire post.

For example I am wanting to sell a shiny and i want offers, a non-English speaker messages and says how much i want for it in broken English, clearly showing that he didn't even bother reading the post fully, as soon as you explain that you want him to offer, he leaves rudely without a care in the world, without even saying sorry, or even bothering to offer you anything. Fun Fact: It isn't nice at all, just makes you feel like your never going to sell this Pokemon.

Here's another example, lets say you see a Pokemon in chat, you message the player, hoping you can offer this player something, and as soon as you offer him he leaves chat rudely, you message him again asking why he left rudely instead of telling you why he left, he just says he doesn't like your offer in broken English or in Spanish, or a different language to which you try to google translate, now google translate doesn't exactly give you a right translation, as soon as you finish what you wanted to say, you come back to find that the player left long ago.

Now this feeling isn't exactly the best feeling, you lost the ability to manage to buy a poke you want, but you had to waste time in trying to translate what he said, and what you wanted to tell him.

These two examples prove that having a mixed language chat isn't exactly very fun, and it makes trading absolutely impossible, now i'm not trying to say that all Non-English speakers are like this, i imagine some of them try their hardest to translate what they try to say in order to get what they want, however the biggest issue is that its impossible to communicate with these people. Unless this problem is solved and a extra trade chat meant for those who do not speak English can actually benefit those who wish to just trade with English speakers, and those who speak different languages can trade with those who speak different languages as well. This may sound like segregation, but i just want to make sure that the person i'm trading with, understands me, and i in return can understand this player, Same goes to the player who speaks a different language.

- LobsterCorgi

Hey LobsterCorgi,

thanks for the suggestion. Its nice that you want to improve PRO. We really appreciate that! :)

But, we won't implement this suggestion because of different reasons.

As first, no matter if you are a English speaker or not, Im sure this is not the reason why people ignore/don't read some trade posts. Also closing the chat out of nowhere is not a non English phenomenon, it happens very often and is a common manner in PRO, when it belongs to trades at least. Also leaving the chat after a offer is very common, I personally never had the experience that this happens because of the language barrier.

But this are not the only reasons. Some were already mentioned by other users above.

Arguments why we wont implement that are:

• English is the main language in this game. Splitting the trade chat into two chats may make it a bit easier for English speaking users but not for non English speaking users would have to trade in a separate chat, to persons who may also not share the same language => The same problem occurs (Maybe even harder as most non English speaking users understand at least a bit English).
    • Creating a trade chat for every language would result into a chat where only a very few persons are in. You wouldn't have much 'supply'.

[*]Splitting up the chat would result in a lose of offers.

[*]Even if you would create a splitted chat, most other language speaking people would still use the bigger, English chat, as it offers more Pokémon and possible trades.

[*]A basic English or more, is in the very most cases existing.

[*]All basic words and tools for a common trade are most probably known by any user: Wtb, Wts, c.o, offer, insta, last offer, bid etc.

[*]The advantages are to small.

Therefore we won't implement several/a splitted trade chat.

Nevertheless we want to thank you for your suggestion. ^-^

Kind regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution