Passing on the torch

My time has come. I never got around to make an introduction of myself on the forum, so I’ll make sure this post is a bit longer to compensate for what you would have missed in the introduction. Kudos if you manage to read all of the way through it.

It all started in 2016… my journey to become the Pokémon master.

The first time I tried to log in, I recall the servers having a queue of 700 people.

The servers crashed daily, if not hourly… felt like that, anyways.

Looking back, it’s incredible to see how far the game has come and how the community has grown as a whole.

For a while, the only thing I did in PRO was PvP. There were no other aspects of it. I was... bad.

I spammed games and reached a number of games per season that far exceeds anything I’d be able to do nowadays. Not sure how I sat through that, but the journey was worthwhile.

Other times… I literally spent hours on end just killing Pokémon in the wild to get money, cause that was my superior knowledge at the time :>

Almost a year ago, around Christmas, I decided it was time to find some better minded people to talk to.

I applied for NoMercy and was accepted.

This was a whole new chapter, not to mention, the one I’ll treasure the most.

My application stated something along the lines of: “I aspire to reach top 5 on the ladder with a better win-rate than I currently am able to pull off”. Countless of people have helped me throughout this process. Not only did I have people to talk with regarding teambuilding, everyone seemed to willingly give me the mon I needed to try it out and see how it worked.

For both of these, I want to thank the following people (my deepest apologies if I forgot someone): Jorogumo, SgtBianco, Squad, Ulas, Belzebel, teerav, Cow, Luke (who is not a NoMercy member, but definitely is as good of material, love you boo :wink:), Geno, Chris, Nanoluck, Pispi, Coup, Purp (insert the name of any NoMercy member, really).

I can confidently say I have improved my PvP abilities since I joined the guild, and I have hopefully helped other people improve theirs as well.

Having finished Rank 1 on Silver for every season since August and also winning the August ladder tournament, as well as finishing first on both ladders in the season of November 2018, the time has come for another player to take over.

I might return some day, but until then, be good sports about it!

I admittedly didn’t stretch this as far as I thought I would’ve been able to, but thank you for reading through it… if you made it.

It has been more of a personal overview than a goodbye message, but what do we say to the god of goodbyes?

Answer is: “Not today”

And thus starts a new chapter.

Make the best of it and enjoy the game. There truly are people working hard to keep it running for you all, don’t take it for granted.

Enough about that, cause my lovely guild wasn’t the only new experience I got to have in my 2018 year of PRO.

In late March I got the chance to try my luck as a Discord Moderator for the Official PRO Discord. I had a wonderful time there. Not only is the community great (unless the servers are down, huehue), but I got to meet and make a lot of new friends. I can only be grateful for how I have been treated by you all, it has been a pleasant experience.

Thus, ends my 2018 year. I trust I’ll see some familiar faces when I return.

Farewell in the meanwhile!

My apologies for ranting a little :>

• Like 15
Glogs_signiture.png?width=1442&height=326

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My time has come. I never got around to make an introduction of myself on the forum, so I’ll make sure this post is a bit longer to compensate for what you would have missed in the introduction. Kudos if you manage to read all of the way through it.

It all started in 2016… my journey to become the Pokémon master.

The first time I tried to log in, I recall the servers having a queue of 700 people.

The servers crashed daily, if not hourly… felt like that, anyways.

Looking back, it’s incredible to see how far the game has come and how the community has grown as a whole.

For a while, the only thing I did in PRO was PvP. There were no other aspects of it. I was... bad.

I spammed games and reached a number of games per season that far exceeds anything I’d be able to do nowadays. Not sure how I sat through that, but the journey was worthwhile.

Other times… I literally spent hours on end just killing Pokémon in the wild to get money, cause that was my superior knowledge at the time :>

Almost a year ago, around Christmas, I decided it was time to find some better minded people to talk to.

I applied for NoMercy and was accepted.

This was a whole new chapter, not to mention, the one I’ll treasure the most.

My application stated something along the lines of: “I aspire to reach top 5 on the ladder with a better win-rate than I currently am able to pull off”. Countless of people have helped me throughout this process. Not only did I have people to talk with regarding teambuilding, everyone seemed to willingly give me the mon I needed to try it out and see how it worked.

For both of these, I want to thank the following people (my deepest apologies if I forgot someone): Jorogumo, SgtBianco, Squad, Ulas, Belzebel, teerav, Cow, Luke (who is not a NoMercy member, but definitely is as good of material, love you boo :wink:), Geno, Chris, Nanoluck, Pispi, Coup, Purp (insert the name of any NoMercy member, really).

I can confidently say I have improved my PvP abilities since I joined the guild, and I have hopefully helped other people improve theirs as well.

Having finished Rank 1 on Silver for every season since August and also winning the August ladder tournament, as well as finishing first on both ladders in the season of November 2018, the time has come for another player to take over.

I might return some day, but until then, be good sports about it!

I admittedly didn’t stretch this as far as I thought I would’ve been able to, but thank you for reading through it… if you made it.

It has been more of a personal overview than a goodbye message, but what do we say to the god of goodbyes?

Answer is: “Not today”

And thus starts a new chapter.

Make the best of it and enjoy the game. There truly are people working hard to keep it running for you all, don’t take it for granted.

Enough about that, cause my lovely guild wasn’t the only new experience I got to have in my 2018 year of PRO.

In late March I got the chance to try my luck as a Discord Moderator for the Official PRO Discord. I had a wonderful time there. Not only is the community great (unless the servers are down, huehue), but I got to meet and make a lot of new friends. I can only be grateful for how I have been treated by you all, it has been a pleasant experience.

Thus, ends my 2018 year. I trust I’ll see some familiar faces when I return.

Farewell in the meanwhile!

My apologies for ranting a little :>

Aw :( Good luck in your future endeavors, hope you'll have fun where you'll go!

Though...

'-'

xD

Take care!

• Like 1

I will miss you brother. The Discord family won't be the same without our PvP God. Hope all is well in everything to come, even though we may have not known each other the longest. Good Luck and Never give up. Sad we will never get to compete for the top spot on The Ladders.

Forever PRO Family, Ryo

• Like 1

Hey Glogs, it was really a pleasure to work with you these past few months, you are truly and amazing person.

I really wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, don't forget that Discord will always be your home and that you'll always have a place in this family.

Take care and stay BAE!

• Like 1

I've spoke some words privately, but I can confidently say you help me in more ways than just be a better player at PRO. Your contribution to NoMercy was more than just pokedollars, prize money, and pokemon. Your compassion and selfless actions of helping inspires others to do the same. Although you are taking a step back from PRO, I am grateful PRO has given us something to bond over and I am excited to see our friendship continue to develop for many more years.

• Like 6
E6W75Tu.png

Sad to see you go, it was a pleasure working along side you in the Discord Server! I hope everything goes well for you and we look forward to your return :)

There will always be a place for you in the discord family if you desire.

• Like 1

Until we meet again.

Hey Glogski,

First of all, I hope everything is alright. Well, if it was you wouldn't be taking a break from PRO I assume... but, you know what? I'm also feeling a bit down and not motivated to play PRO as much as before, and maybe it is just because we play it too much. Taking a break will be good. I'm doing it too. Well, not entirely, but I'm playing much less than before. I can't even believe I didn't bother to get ladder last season and I will probably not take ladder this season either. I'm putting more effort on projects that I think will be good for my future which makes me feel way more productive than being on the top 25.

Whatever your reasoning is, I hope you come back when you feel better. I will make sure to keep annoying you on Discord. I will get top 1 for you whenever I feel like pvping again.

Take care, friend. :pepecry:

• Like 1
sign2.png