Make Help chat a better place again

Ma77ix

So can we ask for a "general question" chat? Part of every game is having good conversations with good people, even if those dont always stick to the rules. Why should I play a game when Im not even allowed to chat with the people that are actually helping me?

Not sticking to the rules is simply not an option we can go by as it would just end in chaos. Imagine how frustrating Trade Chat would be without any rules, or if everyone could swear like they want.

There are other options such as group PMs (/pm username-=-username-=-username etc), guilds and private channel, the open and public chats must be usable for everyone henceforth we need to have rules in place.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I know people don't obey rules in help chat, sometimes it's too much, sometimes it's not because we're not robots and it can happen to go off topic without even realizing it, to me there's a line between straight rulebreaking and 10 seconds of chit-chat once in a while, and most of the staff gets it, some doesn't, we say it ourselves to stop when we see things taking a bad turn. So don't think I don't understand your point of view.

Moderating is tough, I've moderated in different games, and I've also seen a lot of mods here and I have no issues with them, including you. Do you know why? Because you do that but I've also seen you helping the community in game.

I'm sorry if, to me, filling the chat with 5 warnings instead of 1 and not helping once about the questions that get asked, to let us do that job as regular players is not good moderating.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree with it, and I'll not reply because you're right if you tell me this is not the place.

Back to the topic, I'm pretty sure it's not just 10 people out of 1000 that have this opinion on the matter, even some all chat players had people that disagreed with the rules, it's just that some don't want to raise their voices and some do.

We're allowed to be concerned about this as much as you do, I know that staff plays the game regularly too but in help chat I always see us.

I don't exaggerate when I say that, at times, if it wasn't for us, nobody would help in that chat, there would be plenty of an unanswered questions and false info. We do a lot for the community even if we're regular players, it's not nice to hear that we're just 10 people, since those few people are the ones that kept that chat alive until now.

This said, since rules will not change now and there's no point on keeping this up, I hope that you can at least remember this discussion if you're taking a future decision about this again.

SilverNabs.png

I know people don't obey rules in help chat, sometimes it's too much, sometimes it's not because we're not robots and it can happen to go off topic without even realizing it, to me there's a line between straight rulebreaking and 10 seconds of chit-chat once in a while, and most of the staff gets it, some doesn't, we say it ourselves to stop when we see things taking a bad turn. So don't think I don't understand your point of view.

Moderating is tough, I've moderated in different games, and I've also seen a lot of mods here and I have no issues with them, including you. Do you know why? Because you do that but I've also seen you helping the community in game.

I'm sorry if, to me, filling the chat with 5 warnings instead of 1 and not helping once about the questions that get asked, to let us do that job as regular players is not good moderating.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree with it, and I'll not reply because you're right if you tell me this is not the place.

I agree you should not be warned 5 times, after 2 you should start being muted for not following what the warnings are for. A lot of the current active Moderators are here for about a month (as Moderator, way longer as players) and they are still learning. It all comes with experience, some may mute earlier, some give out more warnings and go easy on the chat. In the end it is their style of moderating.

Back to the topic, I'm pretty sure it's not just 10 people out of 1000 that have this opinion on the matter, even some all chat players had people that disagreed with the rules, it's just that some don't want to raise their voices and some do.

if we're regular players, it's not nice to hear that we're just 10 people, since those few people are the ones that kept that chat alive until now.

Apologies if I downplayed the number of users' not happy about it, we do appreciate you voicing your concerns however at this time we will still enforce the rules how they are currently written. You will have to adjust to it for the time being.

This said, since rules will not change now and there's no point on keeping this up, I hope that you can at least remember this discussion if you're taking a future decision about this again.

I agree and we shouldn't jump the gun too fast, if this rule change has a permanent negative effect on the chat experience in a few months then we will gladly reconsider our position.

With all that being said, thank you for voicing your concerns and suggesting things but the rules will stay how they are currently.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kind regards,

Q8

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Hello,

I am the one who has "invited" most of you to post a thread on forum, so i also want to answer you, even if Qeight almost said everything.

As Qeight said, these new rules were decided by different teams : Moderator, Trade-Moderator and Community Coordinator. We all noticed the Battle chat was almost inactive, only used by some PVP Players to say "gg", this chat had to be modify. In another side, players used a lot the Help and All chat to discuss about move-sets, abilities, natures, IVs, EVs, etc. These themes are used for battle (story and PVP) with your PKM, it was more logic to add it to Battle chat. Also, it cleans the chat Help from theses themes. For the Rates, it was never allowed on Help chat. Since all the point of the Rates is to discuss about the PKM Build (abilities, natures, IVs, EVs), it was more coherent to remove Rates from All chat. The objective is to have specific conversations in specific chats.

Again, as Qeight said, we hear what you have to say here and we take it into account. But as now, we think theses new rules are good in long term, so theses rules stay. And we will see in few months if it's a fail or not. The Staff Team are players before being Staff, most of us have many hours on this game (maybe too much for some), we decided theses rules because we think it's the best for the community, we are a part of the community and it affects us too.

You might notice a lot of warnings theses last days, more than usual, so you might think theses rules create it and should be removed because of it. There are more warnings, because more players make infractions in the chats since they don't know clearly theses new rules. For the others rules, the number of infractions stay important, but not more than before. We are also aware that many players didn't see the changes in rules, it's why we are more tolerant on theses new rules (not for the others rules). Just to give you my own number (not exact), i have warned more than 150 players for Rates/Builds in wrong chats during the last week, only 4 of them got a mute for it (after multiples warnings). All the others mutes are for breaking others rules of chats, rules that were already there (Help chat is only for story-related and General Questions. - Random and/or off-topic conversations are not allowed. You must use All Chat for those. - Do not discuss sanctions in any of the official chat channels. - Deplorable behaviour, profanity, spamming and posting inappropriate/ adult content are all against the rules. - etc.). I personally do a lot of warning, maybe a little more than others moderators, i want to be sure each player see the warning before being muted for an infraction (at least for minor infractions).

I hope i was able to answer to your questions, even if Qeight already said almost all.

Have a nice day and good game,

Epiales

• Like 2

787ee116429ec0b2edb9ab51912300da.png

PRO Rules | Report Center | How to Report | Discipline Appeals | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as it could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be deleted.