PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

Given the amount of rude, disrespectful and just plain unnecessary comments I am sadly forced to lock this thread however I am not going to leave it on an open note without responding to some of the stuff said here.

Claiming staff are bias

I am not going to say that past staff were not bias, in fact I believe past staff were indeed bias in their decision making. Players like myself or Derpro suffered from those decisions. Tr3y, TheAkalli and others suffered from unfair and bias decisions as well.

However we are not the past staff team, we are not those "powerabusers" you are trying to call out here. I gladly take actions against anyone who abuses their power now, what they did in their past honestly I could care less. If those mistakes were fixed, if you know a case where a ban was completely unfair then go ahead and DM me it. I gladly unban everyone who was unfairly banned, in fact both me and Logan are unbanning everyone who was unfairly banned or where evidence just doesn't exist or is severely lackluster.

We put a ton of effort into this, calling us bias or powerabusers is just nonsense. Throughout this entire thread I read people writing that staff are powerabusers, are bias or just want to hurt the community but not a single time actually someone could provide evidence, not even a name where someone was abused. Someone on the first few pages claimed something, he was right and the mistake was corrected. Just listen to yourself for a second and hear what kind of nonsense you are writing in this thread. A lot are claiming powerabuse but can't even name a player who was "abused"? This is really ridiculous and crosses a line.

Claiming unfair treatment

Please give me names and I can look into the evidence collected, their appeals/reports. However just alone in this thread people claimed Epiales was powerabusing for muting people because they talked about football when in reality they were muted for swearing.

The same way GengarLv100 is saying:

BUT I also have witnessed an unfair and unmesured abuse of power of some mods, wich literally have banned me for saying gg in battle chat.

You are just making fool out of yourself in our eyes but you do not bring anything productive to the table nor do you understand the harm you do by lying about what actually happened.

Is this really the "unmesured abuse of power" you are talking about? The chat was warned to not break a widely accepted rule yet you broke it again and were muted for 60 seconds. A mute that doesn't have any influence on future sanctions.

2. English Only in All Official Chats, excluding Other Chat

• In all official In-Game Chats, besides the Other Chat, you are only permitted to speak in English. However, feel free to make your own chat channel for speaking a non-English language. Here's a guide on how to make your own custom chat. Custom chats won't be moderated, but the Rules still apply in those channels. Any violation reported to us will be punished.

Just alone in this thread there are several players who wrote stuff like this to us on their alternative accounts or main accounts:

[gentleman] = nigger

Staffs are corrupt - "scenario with teerav"

With what? What are we doing that is corrupt? Do you guys even understand the meaning of corrupt?

I am surprised that you guys are actually asking us to punish a user who has not broken any rule, has done something on their personal discord. Do you really want us to do that? Punish players with not even a rule for what happened for something on their personal discord? I beg your pardon but what? This goes literally against everything you guys are claiming, that we abuse our powers, are bias and what not.

We will not sanction someone who hasn't broken any rule for something they did on their personal discord. This is not only unreasonable but beyond stupid.

Recruitment and letting community have a say in moderation

Hey, guess what. ALL staff are community members, guild leaders, collectors, PvP players, shiny hunters, traders etc. We are volunteers out of the community and not some employees.

I am sorry but we will not have some random players decide who to recruit because they think someone would be a good moderator, there is way more to it than you think.

Do you think I was widely accepted as staff when I started? God no, staffs left the team because I joined/was unbanned. Some hated me but in the end those staffs saw that I was one of the few people who actually fought with everyone so everything is fair. I don't care if I have to discuss stuff with a Dev, an Admin or whoever. Logan be my witness, I rather get sanctioned than let someone get unfairly banned. You don't have to believe it, you really don't but I can at least say that we tried to give you guys the chance to voice your opinion.

We knew this thread would be a shitstorm of false accusations, ranting and nonsense but at least some productive work came out of it.

Recruitment is a thing we always have to improve upon, I agree that some of our last few recruits were not that great. Lots of bad decision making when recruiting, some who should have never been recruited in the first place. Shinohara, Logan and me are in positions where we decide who we want on our team. The workload for most is just too much, most don't make it past the first few months. Being a Moderator is really not that easy, a Trade Moderator and CC, they do even more.

We hold open recruitment's but some of the applications are just straight up garbage, people lying about their past sanctions, having utterly rude behavior everywhere and stuff like that. I recruited Acaiberry for example, someone who basically nobody knows. Fluffles was one of the best staff members, was some random girl who was interested in becoming staff.

Finding GOOD staff, dedicated staff is not that easy. It's not worth training them for 2 months just for them to quit 3 months in. I am willing to give people chances if they actually deserve them, NIkola gave me mine and I used it but we will not make BillyRick231 with 5 quiet-bans on his record a Moderator, that is just not reasonable.

Final words

A lot of stuff said in here is just factually not true, if it were then you guys could provide at least a name but even that is too much to ask for.

We would take most of this stuff serious if it were actually true but it's not.

You are not one of the "cool kids" if you think that insulting staff, or trying "own" them/"teach" them a lesson is something cool to do. It's really just sad nothing else really. I can judge this pretty good because I did that in the past as well.

If you have anything further to add, just PM me in forums or on Discord Felix#5505 however this thread has to be locked, you guys are just breaking rules left and right and are just ranting at this point.

There hasn't been constructive criticism in a good while in this thread.

Kind regards,

Q8

• Like 6
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.