Hello from an old school player

Hey everybody, the title may be a bit misleading. I played Red/Blue/Yellow religiously in primary school and had a binder full of cards, including my prized holographic Charizard. After that I stopped playing completely for almost 20 years now. I didn't even get into Pokemon Go somehow. But seeing the trailer for Sword & Shield got me really hyped for Pokemon again, so here I am!

I've been playing on Gold for a few days now, still so much to learn because I'm not familiar with EV/IV/Nature but I think I'm getting the hang of it, the Wiki is an immense help. I'm not really interested in PvP so much as just going thru the world/story and trying to fill out the PokeDex as much as possible.

I'd be open to joining a PvE guild if anyone is recruiting new members, I'm UTC+9 but I can't really predict when I'll have time to play based on work and family obligations.

Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to seeing you all in the game!

• Like 2

Hey everybody, the title may be a bit misleading. I played Red/Blue/Yellow religiously in primary school and had a binder full of cards, including my prized holographic Charizard. After that I stopped playing completely for almost 20 years now. I didn't even get into Pokemon Go somehow. But seeing the trailer for Sword & Shield got me really hyped for Pokemon again, so here I am!

I've been playing on Gold for a few days now, still so much to learn because I'm not familiar with EV/IV/Nature but I think I'm getting the hang of it, the Wiki is an immense help. I'm not really interested in PvP so much as just going thru the world/story and trying to fill out the PokeDex as much as possible.

I'd be open to joining a PvE guild if anyone is recruiting new members, I'm UTC+9 but I can't really predict when I'll have time to play based on work and family obligations.

Welcome!

A fellow gen 1 player :)

I was like you 3 years ago when I got back to Pokemon, after stopping playing for 20 years. Learning what IV EV are sure was interesting :)

After u getting the basics of the game and want to learn more, I suggest going over to Smogon (to read up on the recommended nature/moveset for a pokemon), or if u prefer Youtube, check out Pokeaimmd. He’s surely one of most inspirational Pkm youtuber out there for me :)

Have fun! (Feel free to shoot me a Pm if I can help with anything)

Welcome brudda..... Well we all start as a beginner u see,just ask some of experience player here so they will guide u,don't worry gold server got very nice community,just ask some help in 'help' chat or in 'all' chat :)

Cheers^^

rps20220302_030240.jpg.e7d9bbadf817d61cb813fb68f47830fe.jpg

Welcome brudda..... Well we all start as a beginner u see,just ask some of experience player here so they will guide u,don't worry gold server got very nice community,just ask some help in 'help' chat or in 'all' chat :)

Cheers^^

what do u mean silver doesnt have a nice community ? :O

and eh simpson hit me up if u need ny guidance with anything

what do u mean silver doesnt have a nice community ? :O

and eh simpson hit me up if u need ny guidance with anything

Well I play mostly in gold than in silver so I kinda knew how better community have in gold,doesn't mean silver is bad in community just I not always play in silver so don't know much :v

• Like 1

rps20220302_030240.jpg.e7d9bbadf817d61cb813fb68f47830fe.jpg