Guild Island should be made more accessible.

Charcuterie

I just heavily dislike the fact that only top 3 guilds can enter (this is coming from the previous owner of the top 2 guild in gold for a lot of consecutive months). I think it should either be a rating barrier (1000,2000, a bit more even) which can be filled up by a lot of newbie people playing pvp and trying it out (which could encourage pvp more), increase pvp points gained per win (just slightly), or make it a monthly payment (a few millions, it's mega easy for 5 organised people to make absurd amounts a month if they grind just a bit, let alone 100 people). Afterwards, increase the rewards and the perks the island gives to the top 3 guilds by a lot to incentivise them pushing their rating to the top.

Tldr: give access to all guilds with either A: minimum rating reached (2000, 3000, whatever you wish), monthly payment (I'm not fully okay with this one, money is way too easy to farm in PRO, but it would allow newbies in the guild to help out), give better rewards to top 3 guilds to compensate, make temporary events where you gain more pvp coins for winning in pvp (could inflate the economy a bit but would make the pvp have more people in it).

EDIT: fixing spelling mistakes lol

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello guys !

I Would like to share my opinion with you, i agree on the fact that Guild which are 20/30/50 members can't reach the top3 Guildladder,also yes, a lot of players will(or already) leave(left) their guild for a top 3 Guild.

I saw on big guilds a lot of players just don't care about the PvE part on the island, That's sad because that's one of the main point on the island.

Suggestion to avoid that :

First :

Make Guild island available for the top 6 Guild but the entrance will be free only for the top 3 (May 25k for members of top4/5/6 guilds).

Second :

Make a FIX RATING to enter on the island, as Omeliandre said, may 5K rating should be nice. Yes big Guild will always have access to it, but smaller with 20/50 players can try to get access to it.

Third :

TOP 10 Guild can have access to it but, the top 3 Guild will have a second map. I mean, top 10 will have Trick room map and Top will have Sun + Trick room.

Free feel to reply, have a nice day !

• Like 4

[...]

Suggestion to avoid that :

First :

Make Guild island available for the top 6 Guild but the entrance will be free only for the top 3 (May 25k for members of top4/5/6 guilds).

I would increase the entrance fee to be far above 25k. Even possibly over 150k for each member. As stated in this reply, money is way too easy to farm on PRO.

And you can get large quantities of money in a short time, let alone if an entire guild farms for money.

[...]

Second :

Make a FIX RATING to enter on the island, as Omeliandre said, may 5K rating should be nice. Yes big Guild will always have access to it, but smaller with 20/50 players can try to get access to it.

This is also another approach for it, but then again, a large portion of players will still be left out. Especially Guilds who don't really PvP too often.

Which only increases the thought that being in a guild is only "PVP based" and not "PvE and PvP based".

That is not what a guild is supposed to be like. As I mentioned in this reply.

[...]

Third :

TOP 10 Guild can have access to it but, the top 3 Guild will have a second map. I mean, top 10 will have Trick room map and Top will have Sun + Trick room.

Sure a second or third map would be an okay addition if the main problem with it being only exclusive to PvP guilds wasn't there.

If It was open for everyone who is part of a Guild but had areas with additional content, which were only open to the top 10 or 15 PvP'ers on the ladder.

Then maybe additional maps were a good addition, but at this point, it surely won't really benefit anyone at all.

This is just constructive criticism, not trying to prove you right or wrong, just stating my humble opinions on the suggestions you put forth.

• Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I completely agree. It’s sad to see how this Guild Island have caused guilds to lose their members who decided to join the potential top 3 guilds just to be able to have access into Guild Island. (I’m aware starting this season the top 3 guilds all players must maintain at least 10 rating to have access.)

I really like the idea on making this more accessible like what some other players have already suggested here, maybe every guild who gets like 4-5k overall guild rating points can have access into guild island. (i strongly believe this could encourage more guilds that aren’t stack with PRO PvP players to have a fighting chance to get into Guild Island.)

However, I feel like this might just discourage smaller guilds to not bother motivating their players to PvP if Guild Island is only accessible for the top 3 Guilds. Like, what’s the point when most, if not all the top guilds are already stacked with pro/high experience PvP players with 200-300+ ratings? My point is, small guilds will never have a shot at guild island unless those players try to join the potential top guilds that might be able to make it within the top 3.

• Like 1

I think this guild island should be open at the 5 best guilds.

But for that we need to absolutely change some PvP rules

First, Reduce the members of each guild 100 -> 50

Second time, it should be allow to Pvp on only 1 account per server. Otherway you will have a guild with only 25 players and 25 alt.

But no this guild shouldn't be accessible to all players on server. We need to create challenge between guilds and not destroy the only 1 interesting PvP reward on PRO.

Other idea we can sayd, if you want to have access to guild island, you have to get 10 000 points with your guild but 5000 is really to low.

giphy.gif

1511823475-1d6b7b7b9512fb86ea0c6842dbc0b10e.png

I think this guild island should be open at the 5 best guilds.

But for that we need to absolutely change some PvP rules

First, Reduce the members of each guild 100 -> 50

Second time, it should be allow to Pvp on only 1 account per server. Otherway you will have a guild with only 25 players and 25 alt.

But no this guild shouldn't be accessible to all players on server. We need to create challenge between guilds and not destroy the only 1 interesting PvP reward on PRO.

Other idea we can sayd, if you want to have access to guild island, you have to get 10 000 points with your guild but 5000 is really to low.

Do you even know what you’re talking about? 5k isn’t low. Top 3 gold PvP ladder guilds can barely even get to 10k. If you want the maximum capacity of guild members to be set to 50 that would mean all 50 players must average at least 200 rating to get to 10k lol... sounds very unrealistic to me.

• Like 3

I agree that the requirements might need a little adjustment. I'm not a big fan of bringing money in the equation; even if it was 10 million per month that's an easy amount to obtain by every guild with more than 10 members. Boss runs only by themselves can net around 3 million per player for a month, just in money prizes. If the guild was brought up for pvpers, then money alone shouldn't be brought in as a requirement.

In my opinion, the rating idea seems like overall the most balanced suggestion here so far & the one that could and should be discussed. It nerfs the total exclusivity of the island while still keeping the focus on PVP from guilds, which seems to be the objective of guild island here.

Having a second map, more accessible area(s) or features for the top 3 sounds like a good idea too. I think that the "casual player' would be generally happy to still gain access to guild island even though they wouldn't have more maps than the top 3 guilds. It's more understandable than having the feature completely locked for you unless you join a PVP guild. In the end, they would still gain something interesting that would value their time spent in PVP and it doesn't give too much unfair advantage to the top 3 guilds either.

As pointed out already, I think that small guilds or those who are most focused on the PvE side should still get a shot at unlocking this feature. Right now it's really de-motivating for guilds like these to even get in the PVP scene for the island since the top 3 are already full of experienced players.

+1 for the overall idea and concept.

Edited by Ichibann
  • Like 5

Everyone who is discussing opening the guild island to more people but still keeping some maps for top 3 guilds,

THE GUILD ISLAND already is THIS, and you're complaining about its lack of access.

Personally I'm in favour of swapping to a high flat guild rating requirement, but if you're going to argue at least keep your arguments consistent within your own post.

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Everyone who is discussing opening the guild island to more people but still keeping some maps for top 3 guilds,

THE GUILD ISLAND already is THIS, and you're complaining about its lack of access.

Personally I'm in favour of swapping to a high flat guild rating requirement, but if you're going to argue at least keep your arguments consistent within your own post.

I will continue to give constructive criticism, so if you're easily offended, then stop reading this.

I think you're misunderstanding the general idea here.

No, the Guild island is NOT OPEN to everyone who is part of ANY Guild that isn't ranked top 3, as what the general bunch is argumenting about.

And the idea for having multiple maps on Guild Island was based on an idea to limit the top 3 Guilds to those maps only, while the public had access to the Guild Island in itself.

While I would still want it to be only based on the top 15, 10 or 5 PvP'ers during a season, to retain fairness for everyone we'll see how that will work out.

The issue with the Guild Island is the fact it causes people to leave guilds to join better guilds, and better guilds kicking worse PvP'ers to secure top 3.

And the fact that other guilds who don't focus on PvP, and only focus mostly on PvE are excluded from the "Guild" island entirely.

And to be honest, I don't believe a Guild on PRO is all about PvP, which is exactly what PRO has stated by making a Guild Island only accessible for top PvP guilds.

And if that was the case, they should've named it PvP Guild Island, because that's essentially what it is.

And if the Guild System wasn't outdated enough, the first thing they should've done was NOT to add a Guild Island that is excluding over half of the Guild Player base.

But to begin actually developing a better and updated System. And to release content that doesn't exclude a large part of a player base.

Or at least make an addition to the counterpart Guilds, to make it fair for everyone.

While I know it must seem frustrating to see someone "argue" about the future of the Guild Island, when they aren't even a "PvP'er" or a "PvE'er".

But, I believe that those who are part of the PvP group, and those part of the PvE group would have a split opinion on the matter.

So I believe a neutral viewpoint would allow more insight into what issues this has caused or will cause in the future.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 3

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png