PVP Feedback - Landorus

Mercurius

Well I am going to be really specific on this.

I am used to showdown OU, (Rank 49, 75, 142, 58 and won few tournaments) and I can tell Landorus-I was a big problem in there, with the megas and Z moves he was monster, but he also have some weakness, and not having Z moves and Megas yet in PRO make weaker and not so strong as he was on Showdown, he can be destroyed by a good amount of pokemons, you just gotta play carefully against him.

He is a really good stall breaker and we all know that stall is a problem in PRO, is overused and someone that spams it can easily get on top 25 without much effort.

Having Landorus-I in the game could lower the amount of Stallers and balance the game overall, I already saw many people play Tornadus Assault Vest on stall and over using it because is a good way to win but people don't complain about it because it help their playstyle, they complain about Lando-I because they fear it and want it out of the game so they have less pokes to worry about.

I see so many comments here of clueless people that don't have a idea of what they are actually saying.

My final decision, do not ban it yet, unless we all see he is making a HUGE difference in the meta we can keep it. This is not Showdown and here Landorus-I do not have the same resources.

Changelog 5/22/2020:

Kamis - Tentative

==

Tornadus-Therian -> S

It fits on everything. The only reliable defensive answer is Zapdos... and praying Hurricane misses. Good luck.

Landorus -> A+

While arguably broken, it has yet to warp the metagame around it, and its flexibility is unexplored. However, it is already evident that it is incredibly strong. Tornadus-Therian is answered by Zapdos, a solid Pokemon most teams do not mind running, while the only Pokemon that reliably beats all Landorus sets is... Cresselia.

Tornadus-T is broken. However, no one is complaining about it here because it is not the subject of the thread.

• Like 1

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

What's your overall opinion?

I have no strong feelings either way. Regardless of the result, I would like to see a robust procedure set up for suspect testing at this opportunity. Better late than never.

• Like 1

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

This is interesting, i cant speak for everyone but it seems that sf landos arent really too present on the pvp ladder, which i can understand giving how dificult it can be too get an actual good one, thus far i was only able to see exclusivez having one thats was pvpable. Which probably means we'll only get an educated opinion outside of its smogon presence from the next ladder tour if lando i is allowed there. Most people have already talked about how versatile it is so i dont think anyone wants to hear it again. One thing to note about this guy is that hes one of the few mons that can excel at any matchup giving the right set, mons like these in the current meta that can be compare to lando are manaphy and arguably torn-t. The diference however, is that its much scarier for the player to scout lando than the other two, if lando-i has an oportunity to make a move, the player is put on immediate pressure, automatically, and sure some mons like banded diggersby or conk are capable of doing that as well, however they dont impact the same amount of pressure on every single playstyle like lando is capable of. Thats why its 4mss, while a setback, doesnt necessarily mean its not as destructive, as of currently, taking in regards every single set that lando can use, there is only one true counter to it being cresselia, which needless to say, isnt exactly the pinnacle of viability. So as it stands leaving the opponent guessing what set it could probably be out of all the options between rock polish, cm, scarf, rocks, 4 attacks etc. and between its ofensive coverage of focus blast, sludge wave, psychic, rock slide or even a potential hp ice, really puts the player backed into a corner, which to me sounds a bit overwhelming. I am currently leaning towards a ban but i dont have anything set in stone in my mind just yet.

Edited by Baganha
  • Like 2

My personnal opinion on this, i don't want to see him banned because for now, it's not really played due to the difficult access to reroll ticket/Ability capsule, i would have wait 1 more month to check if the mon is gonna be played more than this. His check like Greninja/Weavile are already in the meta.

Players want to change the meta but want to ban everything new, What about Manaphy which is really really strong atm, banning baton pass made him less played but still very very good if you know how to play it.

But, Yes it's an annoying pokemon, he have an insane moveset and deal crazy damage in the game, i never meet one for now in the game due to my poor time spent on the ladder, yesterday i tried some games to face it, sadly i didn't, i tried to play without Weavile/Gren to see if that's possible to play against.

I checked Keabu Calcs, it principaly broken with HP Ice, What's the chance to get one in PRO ? Why not ban the combo Lando + hp ice instead of banning the mon ? (just asking) he will still have a lot of move set playable and reduce the possibility to counter some mons.

-------------------

Anyway, Overall it's a really strong pokemon, hard to counter and that affraid People because they don't know how to adapt, we're in PRO lol. Atleast Top Pvp players think it should be banned so, i'll accept it if he's gonna be banned.

Just a note aside, for me, the quest was to easy for those 3 mons. You should had the possibility to catch only one and make others harder to get because for me, those 3 mons are really really strong in Pvp, atm, I'm 100% sure Tornadus-Therian is better than Lando because it not need specific HP to be broken/strong lol. Just players don't realise it, they just see lando was really strong on showdown/smogon so they're like "wtf guyz it's banned on smogon wtf are u doing it's Uber". I really think you should had a quest like bird ones which is hard to fully complete, or why not make 2 others only available from WQ since they're up and doesn't crash the server (for now)?

That's all i have to say i guess. Sorry if i make some mistakes with my English, i tried my best to be clear as possible, free feel to answer to me ^-^

Don't hit me so hard guys, just giving my point of view lol.

Have a good day,

Cya'

1590204364667.png.17fc13ccc74cc83cec06d0c6a3798361.png

• Like 2

The only solution i can see is making an uber pvp ladder, then a lot of people will be able to use their fav mons and use tickets on landos without worrying they will be wasted. Then give one more month and after the end of June will decide then. If its uber then there will be a ladder ready for it and many others mons.

As reminder (Again), we will not take into account opinions that contain the following:

• "Follow Smogon Rules".

• "Its Uber".

Sadly if people do not understand this i will have to start deleting these kind of posts, so please make an effort to come up with arguments or reasons to back up your decision on why it should be banned. Plenty of people have already stated pretty strong points already, so why can't you too?

• Like 1
giphy.gif.91df8c76586489c4cb7c1431882d5ae5.gif

PRO Rules | Report Center | Discipline Appeals | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be incinerated and consequently terminated in the spot.

the main problem for me is not what is going to happen with landorus...i personally believe that problems arise from the general approach of stuff when it comes to pvp...banning all the sweeping threats when it comes to pokes (Speed Boost Blaziken, Genesect, Darkrai, Landorus) or strategies (batton pass) will lead to the reign of stall players...Nowadays playing with 2 regenerators, 2 unawares, chansey and jolly defensive gliscor is the safest choice...And as long as sweeping threats like Landorus are getting removed, more and more players will use stall teams...i suggest that stuff members should keep an eye on the usage percentage of pokes and allow us to have a clear picture of the meta...e.g. if gliscor and alomomola usage is constantly rising and stuff wants to ban sheer force landorus, counter measures should be taken and unban genesect for example, which is a good wall breaker that cannot be poisoned and can stop stall team from thriving and dominating the meta...