Remove boss limit

Skilly

With the recent upgrade (10 to 20), I'm really in favor of this change. The number of PvE coins gained now is quite nice and bossing feels less like a chore personally. Quite honestly, the amount you'd get in a complete boss run was really good, around 1.5m for a 4-hour run? Not even counting the number of items & pokemon you would have gotten which can add to a higher number. There are 47 bosses that counts towards the limit in the game currently, you still get to do 40 a month which is pretty good.

I agree that the change seemed somewhat rushed, but they did announce that balance would be applied. The inflation would be regarding future content that would reward the player. (https://imgur.com/TWebMqA.png).

Note: Restricting to an IP address just wouldn't work. What if two people in the same house want to do bosses? VPN's are so common and changing your IP is a child's work, this solution wouldn't really fit to limit inflation.

I agree but you could restrict to ip and just make it as strict as the pvp system, I personally don't mind the new boss system as I don't do my boss often , but a lot of our PVE players left the game or are getting quit frustrated as they don't have much to do.

Regards

Vithu96

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the recent upgrade (10 to 20), I'm really in favor of this change. The number of PvE coins gained now is quite nice and bossing feels less like a chore personally. Quite honestly, the amount you'd get in a complete boss run was really good, around 1.5m for a 4-hour run? Not even counting the number of items & pokemon you would have gotten which can add to a higher number. There are 47 bosses that counts towards the limit in the game currently, you still get to do 40 a month which is pretty good.

Edit: 47* bosses is right;

Also, I believe that the change is actually a bit negative/unhealthy for the game. Overall PvE pokedollar income hardly changed (we only have to ditch 6 bosses, which is easy given how 3~4 of them practically give nothing anyways), but the PvE coin income increased by more than 10%. This will directly affect reroll prices over time, and considering how rerolls are the main source of PvP players' income, it raises some concerns on how PvE should be balanced. IMO it wouldve been fine to keep at 4 tokens per win as per usual, considering how we can still hit all the bosses we used to anyways.

Additionally, I'm still a proponent of just keeping a biweekly cooldown in sync with actual boss timers for reasons mentioned on a previous comment. Another thing I considered, but never suggested is maybe lowering # cap of bosses, but not counting bosses you lose to towards cap, so we are free to play around with bosses more casually/for fun without fear of losing out a chunk of income. This would promote a healthier PvE scene, as we are currently forced to run 100% winrate setup cheese comps instead of using more strategic/fun teams. I think making room for experimentation as such will reduce the "chore" aspect of PvE in its current state. It will also make PvE more interesting to those who werent into PvE before.

Edited by DactylicCoin
  • Like 1

so dumb change , now you have to do 20 bosses if you do less you mess up your cooldowns over all dumb change , jsut rever it , Example i did 15 bosses now i have to do 5 more but im to lazy or dont have time do log in and play so the next time lets say 4-5 days later i do the rest 5 , after that i can only do 15 again and wait 4-5 days to do 5 more again and so , this messes up the cd so much i need to track those cd on my own , the 1 coin just make up for the trash bosses we couldnt battle thx to the changes . so over all we dont lose money but its so annyoing change have to track now another cd and makes me wanna play less. logging for 5 or less bosses .Sometime i you dont have much time and and other days you have more time and this restriction of 20 bosses messes with that too.

Edited by kasu54

so dumb change , now you have to do 20 bosses if you do less you mess up your cooldowns over all dumb change , jsut rever it , Example i did 15 bosses now i have to do 5 more but im to lazy or dont have time do log in and play so the next time lets say 4-5 days later i do the rest 5 , after that i can only do 15 again and wait 4-5 days to do 5 more again and so , this messes up the cd so much i need to track those cd on my own , the 1 coin just make up for the trash bosses we couldnt battle thx to the changes . so over all we dont lose money but its so annyoing change have to track now another cd and makes me wanna play less. logging for 5 or less bosses lul

Wtf really?

so dumb change , now you have to do 20 bosses if you do less you mess up your cooldowns over all dumb change , jsut rever it , Example i did 15 bosses now i have to do 5 more but im to lazy or dont have time do log in and play so the next time lets say 4-5 days later i do the rest 5 , after that i can only do 15 again and wait 4-5 days to do 5 more again and so , this messes up the cd so much i need to track those cd on my own , the 1 coin just make up for the trash bosses we couldnt battle thx to the changes . so over all we dont lose money but its so annyoing change have to track now another cd and makes me wanna play less. logging for 5 or less bosses .Sometime i you dont have much time and and other days you have more time and this restriction of 20 bosses messes with that too.

I agree it really putted a lot of players of playing pro, but there is nothing we can do about it as staff is determined to not bring it back to 40.:OshaWAT:

The cap increase from 10 to 20 is good and all, but tbh I prefer for them to either double the cooldown (from 12 days to 24 days), or remove half of the number of the bosses, which would have similar effect to combat inflation, but without messing the time schedule like what @kasu54 has described.