Suggestions where Staff really should focus on

Ganzlocker95

Hello everybody and Staff-members,

at first I wasn't sure where to post this thread and I hope it won't get deleted if it is on wrong place, please put it into the correct folder then.

I've been playing the game for a really long time since 2017 and of course with some big breaks between until new stuff got released in this game. (I have a new account right now in use for forums so don't be confused if you see joined mar 25 2020)

The game itself had it's good and it's bad times and things continuously getting changed to keep players attracted and busy.

So the reason why I write this post is that I fell like the game is developing into a wrong direction since a few months and Staff is (in my opinion) focusing on wrong things.

Please keep in mind, I don't wanna blame the Staff with this thread and make them sound they are doing nothing, I know they are working hard and I really appreciate it, without this great work the game wouldn't be alive anymore.

Anyways, time to come back to the real topic, the first thing I wanna mention is the situation about the Item recycler. This feature has been disabled since a long time and the only thing players know, there has been a issue with an abuse some players have done with this item recylcer causing it to be disabled. The bags of many players are getting overfilled with the items which normally are getting recycled and you still keeping secret from us what the abuse has been and telling us no ETA for the thing to be fixed. We are talking already about months and there haven't been an update from you about it. I really would appreciate it if this will be fixed within the next days or two weeks. If you guys don' find a solution for this just let us know and tell us what the abuse have been exactly, this will allow us to help you out maybe and find a solution together, maybe this is something where teamwork from STAFF and PLAYERS is being asked.

The 2nd thing is something about upcoming game features, mounts, legendaries, etc. . You are promising us so many stuff coming up next but putting it into ETA. Best examples are the two new Regions and mega evolutions for players. Those are things which might attract a lot players and also bring back many players who have quit playing it. I know that those features are very very BIG projects and they need time and you don't want to get things broken in this game when they are coming out. I also keep in mind that Staff-members are separated in groups like artists, mappers etc. But why are you keeping so much focus on mounts? It feels like this is the only thing you really wanna bring out right now (Furret, S-Furret, Xmas-Furret, Bidoof etc.) do you really think we need so many mounts right now? It looks like you are trying to keep us attracted but with the wrong stuff. I highly recommend teasering new features or planned stuff. For example I would recommend doing a small clip or a screen of some parts of mapps from the new regions or events which are coming up. With that you will show us that things are going on. So far we have only seen words about the Regions or events but no proofs of some progress of that we literally don't know if you completed 1% or 99% of those features. Information is very important and a source of keeping players and attract new ones.

The last thing I wanna mention and this was for me the reason to finally write this thread. The boss changes right now. Allowing us to do only 20 bosses every 7 days which will be in summarize 80 bosses in one month. Just a comparison: 80 bosses in one month compared to 47 bosses every 12 days. Yes of course it takes its time to beat all of them, but it is not a must for everybody to do them every 12 days just because it is a crucial way of farming Pokedollars, items and some Pokemon rewards. For me bosses haven't felt like a chore, that is a feature for players who don't wanna play PVP and are more into PVE. With this change I think you gonna make the game really a Pay to win game now, cause you cut the way of getting poke dollars with that. Instead you animate us to buy coin capsules and sell them to players who are having poke dollars and wanna buy something from Coinshop like Xp-boosts, BMS, membership to double the money gains, Tools etc. I did some test runs with bosses and can say for sure, you nerfed bosses quite hard for all players. We are getting less money and less PVE-coins now. Let us do some easy calculations:

Old system: 47 bosses times 2.5 (sometimes 2 times or 3 times a boss run doable in one month) times 4 (PVE-coin gains on hard mode) = 470 PVE-Coins in one month.

New System: 20 bosses per week with 5 pve coin gain on hard mode and you can do 20 bosses 4 times a month. 20x5x4=400 PVE-Coins per month.

So you clearly nerfed our PVE-Coin gains and also our money gains with that change..

not only that you also destroyed time-schedules the players already have for their boss runs.. now new ones must be set up and they are even worse than old ones and force players to play on more days in a month.

Please keep in mind that this game can be played in different styles, you always can decide between PVP and PVE. You can decide to play economically or just ignore everything and play only the story and quit or just PVP there are so many options or any combination of that, don't take our freedom and animate us to play PVP only.

To summarize it up:

1st I am mainly asking for more Informations from Staff, giving more PRECISE updates about things upcoming or getting fixed and don't talk in riddles!

2nd if no solutions to issues can be found ask us to help, 4 eyes see more than 2.

3rd reverse this boss change or keep it but make the rewards be at least the same amount of Pokedollars and PVE coins like before. (I made Tests with bosses)

That's all from me and I hope this won't be closed or deleted I really like the game and your work but some things need to be changed. Players and Staff please write your opinions about it underneath.

I wish you a good day and stay healthy!

Greetings

ganzlocker95

Edited by ganzlocker95
  • Like 2

I agree, there should be more quality of life and activities added, some measly cosmetics aren't going to keep most players interested and it'll be too late by the time events happen players will be un-interested. I missed Halloween event because 2 months prior I lost interest almost completely because the game still felt stale and took a break, so much so I didn't even care about the holiday event coming up. Don't get me wrong they are so cool and it is one of the best things about this game...but in between the holiday events there is VERY little to keep us interested and fixing the game in general. There is so much room for improvement in this game, and potentially more activities that don't just involve battling with pokemon. There are so many areas that have dead content; like Sevii Islands, Leev Town and most cities in the game. Alot of the Game corners around don't have anything to do. And I can go into many other problems with this game that feel like are just being left ignored (don't get me started on Storage Box or the World Quest)

I would love to see some of the progress with the new regions too, or even teasers. Just give us SOMETHING to get hyped over other than, "It's in progress."

Edited by Darksun20
  • Like 1

But why are you keeping so much focus on mounts? It feels like this is the only thing you really wanna bring out right now (Furret, S-Furret, Xmas-Furret, Bidoof etc.) do you really think we need so many mounts right now? It looks like you are trying to keep us attracted but with the wrong stuff.

Art stuff is really unrelated to making new regions, megas and pvp rework. Artists don't code. Artists make tiles for the regions yes, but in the end the whole artist team isn't needed to make a couple of tiles, others focus in doing cosmetics. Whenever a cosmetic that isn't for something special eg events they have really no reason to keep it shelved for half a year. Of course they are going to release it.

• Like 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

With how long Item Recycler has been broken and no sign of the fix, and now the boss update, I think it's almost certain that Item Recycler doesn't have any bug at all, they just want to reduce player income to alter the economy, so they shut down Item Recycler under the guise of "there's a bug". If there was really a bug, it should have been fixed already by now. It has been what, more than a month? What kind of bug with such a simple feature that makes it take this long to fix?

Also, speaking of what staffs should really focus on, I suggest focus on the PC Box. It has been in need of a massive revamp for years.

Or at the very least give it a sorting system based on dex number that affects the whole PC box, not just the current page.

• Like 1

With how long Item Recycler has been broken and no sign of the fix, and now the boss update, I think it's almost certain that Item Recycler doesn't have any bug at all, they just want to reduce player income to alter the economy, so they shut down Item Recycler under the guise of "there's a bug". If there was really a bug, it should have been fixed already by now. It has been what, more than a month? What kind of bug with such a simple feature that makes it take this long to fix?

Also, speaking of what staffs should really focus on, I suggest focus on the PC Box. It has been in need of a massive revamp for years.

Or at the very least give it a sorting system based on dex number that affects the whole PC box, not just the current page.

Just wanted to add that the recycler was fixed and readded today. I'll stay aside just reading the comments :)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Just wanted to add that the recycler was fixed and readded today. I'll stay aside just reading the comments :)

ah nice then, I guess with all the backlash regarding the limitation on making money from bosses, they finally decided to bring the Item Recycler back.

Think about the boss limit this way, every time a new boss gets added, hard mode will give again, about 40k, that's basically another 40k to every single person in the game, seeing as there are already about 70 bosses in the game for players to make money off of, it really sets limits on how much more stuff the staff can add in order to make more money. Also they didn't say it was a chore for all players, simply most players seeing as there are ways to beat all the bosses very easily and quickly, so it's just time consuming, additionally the game isn't becoming pay to win, seeing as the biggest way of getting money is selling pokemon. Otherwise said, seeing previous replied from both Comrader and Bhimoso, those are probably the most accurate reasons regarding the other topics you brought up.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I dont want to muddy the water but its really just sounds like the deeper problem is that players dont have enough say when i comes to changes in general as this quote from the original point sums up the true problem of the game

"To summarize it up:

1st I am mainly asking for more Informations from Staff, giving more PRECISE updates about things upcoming or getting fixed and don't talk in riddles!

2nd if no solutions to issues can be found ask us to help, 4 eyes see more than 2."

Staff rarely makes changes after making sure the community is behind them which is usually a sign that they know what they are doing will be disliked to some degree and instead of coming out with it and seeing how the community would feel about for instance changing the bosses or the way repel trick worked is shady.

I very much feel like staff would rather be right about something or just not do it because of personal interests not aligning with resolving said problem, or how much work or time it will take to correct each problem the community is having with the game but more than ever this feel like it rings true a lot of players didn't like recent changes and voiced their opinions in a myriad of ways but it has not gone both ways as most of the problems have gone largely no where, mainly because staff likes to play in the mud and argue about a topic more than find a solution. It shows a lack of gratitude for the people who spend their time effort money life playing this game they love and don't like a certain topic and start a discussion about it. Many of us very much support the game in other ways ways that carry the games needs as well ill be it donation or hours played, this relationship is symbiotic we need you as you need us but its not a two way street players have not been given the same respect they have been forced to give to staff.

Edited by FrostyjoeReborn
  • Like 1