Achievements & Titles

Keabu

Hi everyone,

I recently thought of the following idea : Achievements & Titles.

Indeed, most MMOs have an achievement / title system and I think this feature is missing from PRO.

In addition, Pokemon is a "farming / collection" game by nature. It goes hand in hand with achievement mechanics that are unlocked upon completing certain objectives.

Here are a few examples of some achievements I thought of :

1 - Finish the league of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh.

2 - Complete the Pokedex of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh.

3 - Complete the entire Pokédex.

4 - 100/200/300 / All the evolutions.

5 - Win 1/10/25/50/100 PvP Ranked Matches.

6 - Finish in the PvP Ranked ladder at the end of a season.

7 - Capture 1 shiny / 5 shinies / 10 shinies etc.

8 - Capture 1 legendary / 5 legendaries / 10 legendaries etc.

9 - Capture a Pokémon with 100 IVs / 125 IVs / 150 IVs.

10 - Get 500k Pokédollars / 1m / 5m etc.

11 - Get a Event form / 10 Event forms / 30 Event forms.

12 - Win a fight against 5 bosses / 25 bosses / 50 bosses / etc.

13 - Trade with a player / 10 trades / 50 trades etc.

14 - Join a guild.

15 - Add 1 friend / 5 friends / 10 friends.

16 - Win the Ladder Tournament.

17 - Win the Summer Tournament.

18 - Get 1000 excavation points / 5000 points / 10000 points.

19 - Win 1/5/10 Bug Catching Contests.

20 - Do 10/50/100 headbutts.

21 - Do 10/50/100 digspots.

In addition to the "basic" achievements based on the content of the game, it is also possible to create "challenging" achievements for the players.

Some examples :

22 - Win a fight against [bossName] without [Pokemon1], [Pokemon2], [Pokemon3] etc.

23 - Win 1/5/15 matches in PvP ranked with [Pokemon1], [Pokemon2], [Pokemon3] etc.

24 - Catch [Pokemon1] with [Number] IVs, etc.

The possibilities are endless and I am sure that the staff could find atypical challenges for the players.

Of course, there would also be titles :

I finish such achievement = I unlock such title.

Some examples (according to the achievements I mentioned above) :

1 - Champion of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh / Grand Champion

2 - Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh Expert

3 - Scholar

4 - Scientist (100 evos) / Evolution King (300 evos)

5 - Soldier (10 wins) / General (50 wins) / Conqueror (100 wins) / Overlord (300 wins).

6 - Champion

7 - Shiny Friendly (10 shinies) / Shiny Fan (50 shinies) / Shiny Maniac (100 shinies)

8 - Prophet (10 legendaries)

9 - Farmer (125 IVs), Epic Collector (150 IVs)

10 - Banker (5M $)

11 - Event Farmer (10 events) ShapeShifter (30 events)

12 - Challenger (50 bosses), Boss Killer (150 bosses), Slayer (300 bosses)

13 - Trader (25 trades), Shopkeeper (100 trades), the Godfather (1000 trades)

14 - Supporter

15 - Friendly (10 friends)

16 - Ladder Tournament Champion

17 - Summer Tournament Champion

18 - Mole (5000 points), Driller (10000 points)

19 - Bug Friendly (10 wins), Insectologist (50 wins)

20 - Stubborn (50 headbutts) Rock Head (150 headbutts)

21 - Gold Digger (50 digspots) Palonteologist (150 digspots)

ect.

In order to keep the game readable, I thought of the following method:

"Full titles" are only visible on the trainer card (at the bottom of the nickname for example).

However, each title unlocks a "border" which is visible around the player's nickname.

I know all this may seem unnecessary (and it is definitely not "urgent"), but do not forget that it is only a suggestion.

Let me know what do you guys think about this suggestion :)

Bye

• Like 16

That's a very nice idea, i would love to see it implemented

• Like 2

Be true to yourself, stay focused and stay you, take advice from other folks, use what you can, but never mind what is not for you. For the most part, trust yourself and believe in what you are doing.

I like this idea, though I think it would be a bit difficult to implement, depending on where you want to have them be. Maybe a small tab off to the side that you can open up and see all the ones you've earnt, though I think for some of them are purely luck/chance based such as the shiny ones and the ivs ones. Also there are already different ranks for excavation points.

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Yeah this idea seems like a nice addition. Although the list you provided is quite long and some are unnecessary . But the idea of this sounds nice. I'd only include some major achievements such as winning all the leagues and such. Not sure about the title part but the rewards part sounds good.

• Like 1

unknown12.png

No amount of money ever bought a second of time

I like the idea of borders around your trainer card. I do remember that ESEA, which is a CSGO third party platform to play on, does this as well and has received mainly positive feedback from the community. Every time you reach a certain rank, you get a new background for your client. Here is a screenshot from my client.

https://prnt.sc/st6k2b

The only ranks for backgrounds I'm missing are Rank G and Rank S. I also like the idea of having achievements and titles. I think a clickable entity underneath your name or somewhere on the trainer card with a list and short description of all the achievements you've gotten would be very nice just to show off your dedication to the game as well as for guild applications, we can see how experienced a player is to see if they will be a good fit for our guild.

+1

• Like 1

original.gif
LUHARRR#1687

+1

I like this idea, though I think it would be a bit difficult to implement, depending on where you want to have them be. Maybe a small tab off to the side that you can open up and see all the ones you've earnt, though I think for some of them are purely luck/chance based such as the shiny ones and the ivs ones. Also there are already different ranks for excavation points.

Shiny counts isn't really that luck based when you hunt for long enough. Not getting T1 shinies is ofc alot more luck based. But if you run from everything you get on av around 1 shiny every 30h of playtime(based on 5 encounters/min).

• Like 1

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974