Knock off/Trick Mega Stones

Coono

So this was always a thing of mine and wanted to know what everyone else thought. Obviously this is it's own game and we dont have to religiously stick to traditional game mechanics.

To me it never made any sense that mega stones cant be tricked or knocked off, I think it's pretty balanced for them to be able to. It's really not hard to keep it from happening, as mega evolving has max priority. So as long as you lead with your mega or just dont risk switching it in on a potential knock/trick/etc there's no way for you to lose it before getting the evo off, and then obviously once you do you never have to worry about it again the rest ofthe game.

I hate that this comes after the stupid thread about having to be the OT of a poke to mega evolve (smh), cause I know now everyone is just gonna eye roll and be like "omg we havnt even gotten megas yet and everyone already wants to nerf it into the ground". But even in the regular games this aspect of the mechanic made no sense at all and frankly it's the absolute slightest "nerf". Again incredibly easy to avoid.

Knock off is one of the best moves in the game and even in the pokemon metagame making knock off can knock megas just gonna make it more OP its not just nerfing the mega stones but buffing the move called knock off which is already OP in many things even ferrothorn sometimes uses knock off which is a stall / bulky mons

so ngl is a -1

Let's see this the other way:

Players have waited for a long time for megas and now they're coming. If they dont stick to the rules, what sense would it make? Some people want mega stone to be knocked off so change it accordingly? Ok, then people dont want to face stall or like people have trouble facing manaphy so they can say, nerf the stats of manaphy pls its hard to counter.

What will be the fun then playing without following original mechanics and rules and instead altering the game in your own way?

I dont think this idea is good at all