Improvement on the Appeal System

Shadowranger

So I was thinking what if we could assign 3rd party lawyers to players with ongoing discipline appeals, it would be interesting to test out. Would give players a chance to learn about pro rules, having a 3rd party defend the players could also benefit the offenders. Some offenders would probably have a problem with communication, the lawyer could also advice the players on the best course of action etc.

P.S I am not undermining pro staff but I think just like in every legal case, there needs to be an established player with knowledge of the rules to stand up for players.

To be or not be that is the question

ShadowRanger|Silverpokelogoprofile.jpg Server|PseudoCode

-1. Following rules is your responsibility, reading them before you play the game (it's in the Terms of Service, if you didn't bother reading it it's your fault) is what you should always do. You should always be informed and aware if what you're doing is indeed allowed or not. If you have questions you can always ask a Staff member in General Support.

You're supposed to read the rules before you play the game or before you engage in certain activities (such as chatting, trading or pvping). If you don't bother reading them and you were banned for it, it's 100% your fault. I don't like the idea of a third person being a player and interfering in an appeal and giving advice to a player on how to get their ban time reduced because it should be 100% on the punished player's responsibility.

Not on foreign agents who come in and, in the majority of the situations, come and only benefit and help the player (in some cases, they may ask for payment to help out with appeals, which sounds shady and corrupt in my opinion).

PRO Staff is more than capable enough of applying rules onto users and every user should be able to defend themselves if they believe they didn't do anything wrong. If they did, they should've read rules and followed them. I'm not innocent either: I've had my fair share of punishments on discord. But I don't need any third parties to defend me, I can do it myself and appeal if I am muted or banned.

The only possible issue is the language barriers that may arise between a player and a staff member, and that is the only place where I think it would be fit to have a middle agent to translate the message if the Staff is unable to find someone to translate it (inevitably, Staff can't speak 5k+ languages). However, I believe this could be abused and manipulated by the third person in question.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

This seems complicated and unnecessary -1

Reason I think this is necessary is while staff members are in fact well advised regarding the rules, they are as human as the rest of us and prone to either bias or errors, I don't mean to mention this to point out anything but I was banned a few years ago because staff members thought I was hacking when in fact I was just as much of a victim as the guy who got hacked. Having a player assigned by the PRO staff team or by the defendant would help avoid those kind of situations, it would allow the pro player base to take part in discipline appeals and understand how the system works, it would allow the so called "lawyer" to gain a deeper grasp of the pro rule base, this would give equal rights to those who either don't have full grasp of the English language or lack the ability to explain their situation, it would give players someone to speak and reconcile with without the fear of being prosecuted. Also this is a game, a lot of things in this game are unnecessary but having them makes the game more enjoyable.

To be or not be that is the question

ShadowRanger|Silverpokelogoprofile.jpg Server|PseudoCode

• Developer

The Appeal System got massive improvements over the years.

Back in the day's staff closed many appeals with just a single message.

The current Staff taking their time to clarify their appeals.

Right now, there are 5+ open appeals with over 30 messages.

If you still think your appeal was unfairly handled, make a post in general complain and an admin will look over your case.

Denied.

• Like 1