Is it worth repeling gible and beldum?

Justlegend

Hello everyone! Recently I got this idea - to find out is it worth using repel trick to hunt gible and beldum (these 2 mons because, as we all know summer event is out, and repel trick is available for them).

I will share results of this small research, but keep in mind I am here to help You to understand for Yourself , and not tell You directly YES or NO . I have spent 1000 super repels on both places.

1598278944123.thumb.png.8b550266a04174f7b48c822ea6a8e39e.png

First 3 spreadsheets are my results, last spreadsheet - reults from @06ottoman94 . Special thanks to him! There is such thing as RNG or "luck" as some people call it ... If you look you can see sometimes i get way more "lucky" with 100 repels than in other cases. Few more details - I've invested in this research 1m (2k super repels) + 270k (300 ultra balls) ; time to spend 1 super repel = ~27 seconds (if no encounter), this means I've spent at least 54000 seconds (15 hours) + time to catch every mon.

I've decided to test beldum spawn first , and let's take a look at results :

Beldum

- max amount of beldums /100 repels = 10

- avg(average) repels per beldum =~15

- ultra balls per beldum =~5,5 ( I haven't include this info in form of spreadsheet, sorry about that)

Beldum hunt conclusion : In order not to loose any money , or even gain profit I will need to sell each beldum for at least 14,7k Pd (15x500 (super repel price) + 6x1200 (ultra ball price)).

Gible (I decided to keep track of few additional things such as % of successful syncs and % of h.a. gibles WITH BLK Medalion)

- max amount of gibles /100 repels = 13

- avg repels per gible ~17

- % of successfully synced gibles ~61%

- % of h.a. gibles (with bms) ~30,5%

- pokeballs required to catch gible 1-4 (I will make it avg 2, just to simplify calculation)

Gible hunt conclusion : If I don't want to loose any money, I will need to sell each gible for at least 8900Pd (17x500 + 2x200)

Now let's take a look at info from 06ottoman94 - from his results u can see he need way less repels to encounter gible (~11,5) but his sync rates are lower (41%) and % of h.a. gibles is also lower (23,5%) (yes, he also have his bms active). From this info conclusion I can make is - 06ottoman94 needs to sell each gible for at least 6400k.

Other thoughts :

- If You can afford buying repels you definitely should do this because repel trick maximizes Your chance to encounter special form of gible or beldum (summer or even shiny).

- If You do excavations and dig this is great way to cover part of Your losses, or not if You make profit ...

- I was enjoying while doing this research and I will definitely do more in the future.

If You see mistake in my calculations - let me know about it down in comments.

I hope this info was useful, good luck and bye!

• Like 12

This is amazing, thank you for sharing this.. I personally refuse to repel Gible because the very few times I tried I had used a ton of resources and immediately felt like it was rigged. It is no doubt the most difficult and time consuming poke to catch yourself in the wild. Great work, I too would love to see more posts like this!!

• Like 1

swordsig-mskell.gif.a469f0effb70ad789668b0481898b7a9.gif

Dig my artwork? Want to see more? Check out my discord server...

1))  DISCORD SERVER   🢂  Open Invite     2))  GUILD BENEFITS   🢂  View Thread   3))  GUILD SHOP STORE   🢂  Soon       

★   IGN PRO + SD   🢂    mSKELL       ★   DISCORD TAG   🢂    mSKELL#0001        🇺🇸 USA 🕒 EST ( -5 )