Deleting an account.

Anurag2006

I propose an idea of an option of deleting accounts:

Reason:

Imagine you want to change your name, but you can't because the same user already exists. There there are many many accounts that are inactive from years, perhaps those people don't play anymore. :worryyes: or who knows...

If there is an option of deleting your account those very old accounts can be deleted for example this one:

IMG_20200829_171757.thumb.jpg.26e9a1cfdce7f4a8112bf334555bbea6.jpg

The guy hasn't played since 2 years!!!

I want to take that name but I can't

Facepalm

Or if you totally messed up and want to continue story from the start, you won't have to make another account (if you do that might be bad for someone who wanted your previous name but he/she can't), just delete the existing one and create another with the same name

An example for this rule:

If you have less than 1h of playtime and you haven't came online in the last 2 years your account will be deleted

Edited by Anurag2006

IMG_20201021_091210_resize_95.jpg

Deleting accounts without the account owners consent is wrong.

- They could have had a forced leave due to irl, but still plan on coming back to the game some day

- They could get interested in the game again after years of not playing after they hear about a major update

These are just some examples, there can be alot more variation to these or even different cases alltogether.

• Like 5

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

That doesn't make deleting accounts any more justified. If someone buys a car and never uses it it isn't right to steal it from them.

• Like 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

Well... All in all, i would prefer if there is just a deactivation/deleting/resetting account feature in-game or here on the web. I have also wanted to start again with this same email but im forced to continue with my bad starter specifically.... So pls, we need the feature stated above

• Like 2

I'd say -1. People come and people go. I've been playing on and off since 2015 and I'd be really annoyed if my account got deleted for being inactive for a few months just because someone else wanted to take my name.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:26 AM, g3n3r4l said:

So you want to delete an account, to avoid having to pay 500 coins to change your name

OR

you want to be able to delete SOMEONE ELSES account, so you can have their name

-1 to both of them

If a username doesn't exists you still have to pay 500 coins btw

So it doesn't mean someone will be able to change the name for free

I think you misunderstood

Edited by Anurag2006

IMG_20201021_091210_resize_95.jpg