Delayed Evolution Purpose

Applepie

116473 isn't a evolution a one time only choice ? i dont know if you can use a stone afterwards for it to happen but if not its only once right?
Your Pokemon will try to evolve as long as it is at or over the level that it is supposed to evolve. It will stop trying to evolve at level 100 since you can't level it any higher. This is what the everstone is for, so you don't have to constantly deny evolution.

116473 isn't a evolution a one time only choice ? i dont know if you can use a stone afterwards for it to happen but if not its only once right?
Your Pokemon will try to evolve as long as it is at or over the level that it is supposed to evolve. It will stop trying to evolve at level 100 since you can't level it any higher. This is what the everstone is for, so you don't have to constantly deny evolution.

i see, i never tried to block evolutions on my official game so i didnt know, :thanks: for the info :Grin:

i see, i never tried to block evolutions on my official game so i didnt know, :thanks: for the info :Grin:
You're welcome, happy to help :Shy: Outside of this game, people like to not evolve Pokemon solely for the purpose of gaining the moves that they want faster, so it is something to consider too.

115065 why would such a system exist....... i must stick with my bulbasaur untill level 98?....... no fun in that

Who forces u to keep bulbasaur in lv98? You can evolute whatever u want dude :Cry:

yes i have to keep it like this or spend 3x longer to train my pokemon to that level

1. for most of your questions, exp system is based on console one, gen V to be exact. So your questions mostly should go to nintendo. Our game is pretty flexible tho, but i am sure there wont be any Exp base balancing since nintendo already make a good calculation. and i know many people against the change like this especially pvp players.

and got this reply in another thread, This is just too common. to get such a reply from some one who is supposed to have knowledge of communities. If you have played any other MMO/game. whenever a change happens, the people who dislike the change are the people who have already gone through the existing method/mechanic, and don't want it to change because they want every other player to do the same method that they spent their time doing.

The only reason i see this mechanic existing is to delay the casual player who doesn't do their research into this stuff.

i'm already using this 'method'. and all it does is defeat the purpose of evolution milestones.

VNhdcuy.png

This is an MMO, ofcourse it will get harder to level if you level up or evolve. As kairey said, the mechanics of xp gain is from the 5th generation (Those were taken, because it's not easy to level up with generation 5 mechanics). There are also diffrent experience groups which are taken over from the games aswell: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest GamingTaylor

I just wanted to add some feedback:

I am a new player, and after going through this entire thread here are my thoughts:

1) If you can level up dramatically faster if you don't evolve than technically in the same amount of time you will have a much stronger say Charmander, than you would if you evolved it to Charizard. And by "Stronger" i mean higher level, the charmander would be level like 80+ while the Charizard is only 50 or so in X amount of time.

2) This gives me absolutely NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to evolve pokemon until level 99, you are basically hurting your progress by evolving and although stronger temporarily it will take you many hours down the road to get anywhere with it.

3) Personally I feel like this mechanic should be removed, as evolving Pokemon should always be a good thing... however in this game it seems like evolving just makes grinding 10x slower (or whatever the rates are)

4) In response to the post above, yes this is a MMO, it should get harder as you level but it SHOULD NOT get harder just because you choose to evolve...

:thanks:

116520 I just wanted to add some feedback:

I am a new player, and after through this entire thread here are my thoughts:

1) If you can level up dramatically faster if you don't evolve than technically in the same amount of time you will have a much stronger say Charmander, than you would if you evolved it to Charizard. And by "Stronger" i mean higher level, the charmander would be level like 80+ while the Charizard is only 50 or so.

2) This gives me absolutely NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to evolve pokemon until level 99, you are basically hurting your progress by evolving and although stronger temporarily it will take you many hours down the road to get anywhere with it.

3) Personally I feel like this mechanic should be removed, as evolving Pokemon should always be a good thing... however in this game it seems like evolving just makes grinding 10x slower (or whatever the rates are)

:thanks:

1/ Yup, that's the way we do

2/ You wrong someone give up and evoluted karp at lv80

3/ Removed it means no benefits from keep not evoluted it, but for pokemon evoluted (whatever has system or not - it still same time to lv up) So why u want removed?

The fun fact is Pikachu of Ash, he don't want into Raichu :Smile:

i think it's pretty obvious a player shouldn't be punished by 3x more experience just because they clicked 1 button to evolve their pokemon. but it seems certain people have a hard time understanding this.

this 'mechanic' just seems like a loophole in that experience group system.

VNhdcuy.png

116546 i think it's pretty obvious a player shouldn't be punished by 3x more experience just because they clicked 1 button to evolve their pokemon. but it seems certain people have a hard time understanding this.

this 'mechanic' just seems like a loophole in that experience group system.

You mean Game freak have a hard time understanding this im sure.

and after all, the pokemon evoluted become more powerfull in a way, so it can be understandable. (or maybe i didnt followed up enough the topic and someone explained that pokemon stay the same on the leveling system?(except on the experience point part))

This system is an aberration, the amount of experience needed to gain a level has always been to same regardless of the evolution stage the pokemon is in. So a squirtle and a wartortle need the same amount of exp to reach level 20 from level 19 in the originals games. The generation V exp system was different but just for the exp gain in combat. In gen V if a pokemon win against an pokemon with a lower level, the exp will be reduced proportionally to the lvl difference. And that's the only change.

The way experience is handled actually is really unhealthy for the game. I understand that pokemon revolution online is mean to be harder than the original games but this doesn't seem to be the right way to do it. I should be keeping my ghastly until level 98 if i want to exp faster ? Just seems like nonsense and in no way faithful to the original.

I recommend everyone who doubt what i'm saying to check the bulbapedia article about the experience system in the pokemon games.