Suggestion for easier understanding on Quests

Leafbolt8

As I played PRO I noticed that some NPC's give quests for a reward related to the storyline, some Legendary Quests, Mega Stone quests, and many more Quests.

So for players to understand the quests better, here are my suggestions:

1. As an NPC gives a quest an information of the quest given will pop up. And the players will have to exit the pop up after reading the information of the quest.

Here is an Example:

Quest: Find a Poke'mon!

Description: Will you help this trainer get his first Poke'mon?

Reward: 5 Poke Balls

2.  A quests section at the bottom left of the game. Along with the PVP, Backpack, Trainer and Social sections, I also suggest to put a quests section there. After you click the quests section a pop up full of quest information will be shown including the difficulty, time given, compulsory or not, the region where it's given and other helpful information that can help the player understand the specific quest better. And also there you will see your incompleted and completed quests with full information and rewards of the quest.

3. At the quests section, players are also free to sort the quests where they are comfortable with.

Here are some Examples:

Sort by:

- Difficulty

- Region (Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh)

- Compulsory or not

- Tier of rewards

- Time given

- Completed and incompleted quests

How will this help the community?

My suggestion will help many players understand quests better than usual, also some quest guides will still be helpful, because this suggestion is just to help players understand, not the full walkthrough.

Strengths?

It will help players under stand the quests better than usual.

Weaknesses?

It makes the quests a bit easier to do than usual.

So that's it! Hope you like my Suggestion.

Also feel free to comment down below if you any feedback for my suggestion 🙂 

- Leafbolt8

Edited by Leafbolt8
Grammar Mistakes
  • Like 4

Pokemon Revolution Online IGN: Leafbolt8

Discord ID: yourdog#4342

Pokemon Showdown IGN: Leafbolt8 

Quests lol . yeah that would bring a breeze of fresh air to this game . 

It would be pretty cool to have quests that pop up or some like this.      Or some quests that u can do only once a week . And u get a reward like 50 ultra balls .

Good idea especially for Beginners it would be helpful i think

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great suggestion till you think of the effect it may have.  What would happen is people spamming text boxes (which is already a big problem people do) just to get the box to appear without reading all the good dialog that the devs put into the npc's (especially the event npc's which have amazing dialog).  It also feels handholdy to me which i hate myself as a veteran player. 

This suggestion may help with all the players asking {"where do i go after this?"} but thats learning how to pay attention.

Just imo tho.   (also it would prob have to be a togglable box since it would clog the screen on smaller mobile devices if this does make it in.)

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

So basically a way to make people read quests even less (making scripters' work less important), get rewards faster with less work and without thinking, while simultaneously making guides easier to make.

-1 obviously

• Haha 1

IckyInfantileHogget-size_restricted.gif

Announcements § Bug Reports § Mapper Recruitment § Mapping Bugs § Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be exterminated by a Dalek.

13 hours ago, Aspheric said:

So basically a way to make people read quests even less (making scripters' work less important), get rewards faster with less work and without thinking, while simultaneously making guides easier to make.

-1 obviously

i mean he's not wrong, putting it that way i agree with Aspheric on this one about the -1

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif