Doesn't clefable deserve a ban ??

Hotspaghetti

Agree. Would open up the meta a lot imo. Not sayin that it isnt beatable but if i wouldnt need to solve the clef problem every time while team building this would open up a team slot for a more rarely used pokemon without getting completely annihalated from clef. Also there is a reason why its S-Tier in Pro-Meta. Bring Greninja back and ban clef. 

It's a little beyond me how clef and gren are even remotely similar, but tbh I dont get your point at all. 

Clef is a mediocre tank which is mainly made up for by her good abilities and decent spatk, it has a lot of checks and counters and is worn down by anything due to low stats. 

It doesnt feel unfair to play against (which greninja does imo). 

Edited by Fplayer27

Honestly, I don't even know how you can compare the two. Greninja is a speedy spatk glass Cannon with the amazing ability Proetan. Also for everyone info, Greninja was not banned. It's ability Proetan was what was banned. They only allowed kecleon to stay with the ability because it's extremely mediocre and not good at all for most teams. but back to what I was saying. Greninja torrent is still usable if you want to continue with it.

Clefable is not some God tier poke. It's stats are decent nothing too special. What makes it viable are it's abilities and move pool. If  Clefable could be poisoned, or paralyzed it wouldn't be as played as often. It also has calm mind but it has lackluster spd so most spdy pokes can wear it down before it can use the move. Also Clefable is not a tank per say, it needs to setup for it to properly become a tank. Most of the time it is a bulky utility poke. Not to mention Clefable has noticable counters, like Bullet Punch technician Scizor (Not going to count mega as that can OHTKO it) and also Mega Metagross as well as some poison type moves. Or anything it can't resist.

Edited by Shadowing

Well tbh i have never had any major problems with greninja (playin against it) which is why i would want it back. You dont get the point. Its not about how good the pokemon is, it is about the amount of planning you have to take into account when teambuilding. You mention its counters but this exactly adds to my point that you gotta plan for clef in advance. So now you have to have some kind of clef counter in team for it not to become superdangerous. -1 spot in your team. Honestly i always hear the same stuff when this is discussed (not the first time someone posted this). And honestly I am okay with Clef not being banned but that doesnt mean that its not unhealthy for the variance of pokemon and teambuilding. It is as simple as that. So you can still say oh this counters it etc. But this is far away from the point the OP wanted to make.

34 minutes ago, Takanumi7 said:

Well tbh i have never had any major problems with greninja (playin against it) which is why i would want it back. You dont get the point. Its not about how good the pokemon is, it is about the amount of planning you have to take into account when teambuilding. You mention its counters but this exactly adds to my point that you gotta plan for clef in advance. So now you have to have some kind of clef counter in team for it not to become superdangerous. -1 spot in your team. Honestly i always hear the same stuff when this is discussed (not the first time someone posted this). And honestly I am okay with Clef not being banned but that doesnt mean that its not unhealthy for the variance of pokemon and teambuilding. It is as simple as that. So you can still say oh this counters it etc. But this is far away from the point the OP wanted to make.

I agree with you and all, however you can not say that you getting a counter for Clefable is removing a slot of your team that you could have added for another pokemon. Ff you use a Mega Metagross is that to say that you only used it for Clefable counter and nothing more? No! You must always get prepared for counters, checks and common threats (The 3 Cs) it is part of PVP. Also if you talk about how much Clefable is used in PRO pvp, I can not lie it is used a decent amount. But the fact remains in what you said. Id say that if you just build a team without thinking of a common threat then you are not building your team right. Most pokes need to have a move to counter common threats, and thats another thing Clefable is now common in PVP to the point most players already know whats coming and can get prepared for it. Thats all I have to say.  We each have a point and all but clefable should not be BANNED. If you want more variety in your teams, then dont use Clefabe. There are way other mons out there.

Edited by Shadowing

I respect your point of view and understand the comment about checks and counters. However I personally think we would see more variety if Clefable was banned. Also i dont specifically plan for Clefable but you gotta have it covered you know. Of course Mega Scizor for example is more than a Clefable Counter I understand that. 

Clef runs a total of 2 common sets, and you can tell which set he's playing as soon as he switches in with hazards up. If it's magic guard, he takes no damage, if it's unaware, he takes damage. Simple as that.

When it comes to the sets themselves, they basically all run the same move which makes it very easy to play around

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif