Weeks of hunting Whitmore backyard

Notmywallet

Since the backyard opened and it had a shuckle spawn, having decided that I wanted event shuckle early on, I chose to hunt the backyard exclusively as opposed to the much more popular front yard (2 rare event mons in alopix and snivy).  After trying to get shuckle when the event first started in locations like Cianwood, and Trainer's valley, I tried the backyard location when it released on 2/22. I have encountered 4 shinies in this map alone, and 15 or so other event pokes, and even a few times findind a normal shuckle right after a vday encounter or right before....This map has been literally completely demoralizing for hunting the rare event form. I have tried to hunt him in every location and the only reason I stuck with the backyard for so long was because it actually had a more steady shuckle spawn rate than everywhere else I tried. Every time a shuckle appears in my screen now its just dissapointment, followed by other completely worthless event form common spawns with bad stats and abilities. Whoever thought itd be a good idea to add Eevee to this area was wrong, Not only is bold barely useable on eevee (vaporeon maybe umbreon) but without another rare mon with an event form, this backyard area is just completely horrible compared to the frontyard. If eevee was any other rare spawn with a valentines form It might have resulted in any rare spawn in special valentines form.  Instead i have a box of trash eevees, and shuckles. Chingling is also one of the most underused and completely useless spawns does not need to be here. It doesnt have an event form and is not used in pvp at all like Alakazam is, which I assume is an attempt at a front/backyard equality gone terribly wrong. This map is horrible for hunting anything. Absolutely none of the pokemon in the photo I attached are useable or worth anything other than measly Pve coins at collector joro. Anything would have been better than the shinies I recieved (yes even chingling), and statistically I would have had much better results had I spent my time hunting in the frontyard as other players have encountered multiple valentines snivy or alolan vulpix since they both can spawn in special forms in the same area. I already know the response is going to be its all luck and that ive had some good luck in this event but had these 4 shinies been anything else that spawned in this area I most likely wouldnt be complaining. Anything would have been more rewarding for the weeks of time Ive spent on this game hunting 1 pokemon that I wanted. People have told be just to buy a shuckle off someone but with the insane rarity of this specific vday mon the only ones Ive seen sell for multiple millions and I have only gained a measly 100 pve coins to try to make money off the last few weeks of grinding this pokemon/area.  If I could turn in all these mons for the worst event shuckle ever I would. These are all pointless worthless spawns that have taunted me the last 2 weeks. Had the game shed any kind of light on me like a rare shiny or rare event mon I wouldnt be here and In wouldnt be complaining. 

I regret spending my time and money on this game as its done nothing but dissapoint me for my efforts. I'm sure the others are right that whoever reads this will just tell me some bullshit that I should keep trying or that its all luck based. Im done with this game and trying to enjoy it when all its been is a waste of my time and another dissapointment around every corner. 

pokemon revolution sucks.png

Edited by NotMyWallet

@NotMyWallet

I will try to tackle as many points as possible (that affect the spawns themselves as I was the one to make them). However, the only one that can answer regarding event chances is Walross.

Whoever thought itd be a good idea to add Eevee to this area was wrong, Not only is bold barely useable on eevee (vaporeon maybe umbreon) but without another rare mon with an event form, this backyard area is just completely horrible compared to the frontyard.

Bold Eevee can be used in:
-Vaporeon (great for PvE and PvP content, even if there are better options)

-Sylveon (same as above)

-Umbreon (amazing PvP pokemon and specially for PvE content as it's an excellent wish passer)
-(if you're willing to, Espeon instead of Timid and Glaceon too, considering Espeon can be Bold as a defensive anti hazards lead and Glaceon has base 110 def and is SPATK based, even though it's terrible deffensively due to its Ice Typing, but I don't judge player choices). 
This spawn was included as Eevee is an incredibly sought after pokemon with multiple evolutions using Bold for different purposes, and it works perfectly for them. 

If you are not satisfied, you are always welcome to make a Spawn Change suggestion. I look at them as frequently as I can (even if we barely get new suggestions and I rely more on player's opinions).

If eevee was any other rare spawn with a valentines form It might have resulted in any rare spawn in special valentines form.  Instead i have a box of trash eevees, and shuckles. Chingling is also one of the most underused and completely useless spawns does not need to be here. It doesnt have an event form and is not used in pvp at all like Alakazam is, which I assume is an attempt at a front/backyard equality gone terribly wrong. This map is horrible for hunting anything.

No, it might've resulted in you not getting anything either. It's purely up to RNG. You obtained multiple event forms and shinies (4 shinies and over 10 event forms) while in my player account I only got a Mild garbage Slowpoke and an accidental Halloween trash Gastly in a random map in Sevii Islands. Yes, my luck was so insanely bad that the only way I got an event form was because Walross decided to implement Halloween Event spawns during this event (which I am grateful for, 5 PvE coins! that's stonks to me.)

A pokemon does not have to be absolutely godly in PvP and PvE to be worthy of a spawn. By following that logic, pokemon like Slugma, Spoink, Unown, Girafarig, Carnivine and other pokemon would never get spawns and never be huntable. I tried to fit as many good things as I could between both PvE + PvP + mixing in all possible Valentine Forms in spawns, to the point where they were absurdly overpowered in every single spawn (even Walross scolded me for this, which I agree with, I went a bit too far). A pokemon does not have to be super strong to deserve to exist. Not everything is based around PvP usability. There's fun pokemon to use in PvE too. Pokemon are not forced to only exist to beat other players and increase your rating. It's a MMORPG with a gigantic PvE side content, it's not a PvP simulator. It was no attempt to balance it with Alakazam, I just found Chingling cute and I fit it there. I was not even going to put Houndour in, yet I ended up doing it (even though I didn't believe it fit in). The map contains Clefairy, Slowpoke, Poliwag, Marill, Lotad, Shuckle, Eevee aside from Chingling. How is this a bad spawn? Can you argue why?

Absolutely none of the pokemon in the photo I attached are useable or worth anything other than measly Pve coins at collector joro. Anything would have been better than the shinies I recieved (yes even chingling), and statistically I would have had much better results had I spent my time hunting in the frontyard as other players have encountered multiple valentines snivy or alolan vulpix since they both can spawn in special forms in the same area. I already know the response is going to be its all luck and that ive had some good luck in this event but had these 4 shinies been anything else that spawned in this area I most likely wouldnt be complaining. Anything would have been more rewarding for the weeks of time Ive spent on this game hunting 1 pokemon that I wanted. People have told be just to buy a shuckle off someone but with the insane rarity of this specific vday mon the only ones Ive seen sell for multiple millions and I have only gained a measly 100 pve coins to try to make money off the last few weeks of grinding this pokemon/area.  If I could turn in all these mons for the worst event shuckle ever I would.

I regret spending my time and money on this game as its done nothing but dissapoint me for my efforts. I'm sure the others are right that whoever reads this will just tell me some bullshit that I should keep trying or that its all luck based. Im done with this game and trying to enjoy it when all its been is a waste of my time and another dissapointment around every corner. 

Skipping over Valentine chances (which I cannot argue about, as I do not act on them) it is up to your luck. There's no statistical diference, you could've found the same event forms in front or in the back, you could've found none or 30 in a day. It's simply luck unfortunately, and there's nothing else I can really tell you. All event forms don't have to be magically gifted to everyone just because it's an event. I personally liked the Chess minigame but I disagreed on gifting out Valentine Ralts to the winners on a chance because I felt it devalued it and it no longer made it rare. And there's nothing wrong with having rare forms that you might not be able to find in events.

These are all pointless worthless spawns that have taunted me the last 2 weeks. Had the game shed any kind of light on me like a rare shiny or rare event mon I wouldnt be here and In wouldnt be complaining. 

Some players are lucky, some are not. Both for event forms and for godly IV, natures, abilities, and so on. I've lost millions on multiple pokemon just due to a nature or IV fail, but I will still keep hunting. It is sad but RNG is unfair and luck is luck. There's nothing we can really support you with. Spawns are not worthless because a player cannot find an event form. Nobody is taunting you. You yourself admit that if you had found a rare form or shiny you wouldn't be complaining.

The event will still continue for some days. You might be lucky if you keep hunting and eventually find your Shuckle. I wish you the best of luck!

Do not overwork yourself. This is a videogame, you're  supposed to have fun. Don't burn yourself out just for an event form. It's a game, it's to be enjoyed, there's obviously going to be frustrating parts but a videogame is there to be entertained by and spend your time enjoying it with friends and whoever you'd like to share it with. 

Kind regards,

Kvar

• Like 1

Agree, please add fennekin.

edit: The spawns in backyard are fine, getting eevee + clef + slowpoke + shuckle is insane. 

All are useable in PVP and PVE, a spawn cant have 8 insane Pokemon to hunt with 1 synch, oh wait thats frontyard.. alright, every spawn that isnt frontyard cant.

edit2: Fennekin is based on a fennek, which is almost a Fox, and Foxes LOVE to live in a backyard. Just saying.

Edited by CapriFame

@Kvar I agree, the map is very good, but I have a suggestion.

How about adding bulbasaur? I know it might make the map too op, but he doesnt really have a good place to hunt outside of paid safari and his halloween forms are spawning right now.

He could be hunted with bold sync like pretty much all pokemon in the map.

I understand how broken this might be, but if the absolutely bonkers frontyard got a green pass I dont see why this couldnt get one as well.

Thanks, and just know I trust whatever decision you make.

giratina-origin.gif charizard.gif sceptile.gif  flareon.gif lapras.gif gallade.gif

You went in with the wrong mind set. 
You shouldnt expect to find an event shuckle, the chances are to low. Once you are aware of that, you can decide if you want to try it or not and cant blame anyone.

Other than that I agree, the spawn doesnt look to appealing.

- Reading Kvar saying that Umbreon is an *amazing PvP Pokemon* is funny.

Edited by Bash

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L