Regarding Guild Island Spawn Changes + future upcoming changes.

Kvar

Guild Island Spawn Changes  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Guild Island Spawns remain as they are or should more pokemon be included into the spawns divided by timezones?

• I would like Guild Island Spawns to remain in the same amount and timezones as they currently are.
    • I would like Guild Island Spawns to gain additional spawns even if divided by timezones.

Note, the results of this poll will not lead into the final result for our decision. I simply would like to hear your opinions and suggestions on this. There are ideas I would also like to bring in like modifying Guild Island Falls to make it rotational too that are personal.

Greetings, everyone! For full transparency, I wanted to make this thread before I begin with any changes on the Guild Island spawns. I have two main ideas for Guild Island to improve its overall spawns. Mainly, the spawns that barely fit there, with pokemon such as Volbeat, Illumise, Hoothoot, Sentret and other pokemon that have no real viability in PvP will be removed for PvP pokemon that range from Common to Rare wherever I can.

This does not mean every single PvP pokemon will appear in there, we will still have to follow our spawn schemes to be able to fit as many suitable pokemon as possible. After all, reaching the Guild Island requires your guild to acheive the Top 3 position in one of the two servers. After all this effort, you would expect the Guild Island to award you with great spawns. It mostly does its job indeed, but I cannot deny there's places to improve.

Some of the sets that rotate in some areas leave much to be desired (mainly due to spawn restrictions). I will be substituting pokemon that fit less in some places and adding way more PvPable pokemon. For example, if Magikarp spawned in the Surf spawns for Stall, I'd add Wooper instead, or instead of a Zubat in the Hail set, I'd add a Swinub. These changes will also try to follow two things: 1.- thematic purpose and 2.- sync, trying to follow the same natures as other spawns and similar rarities. These were my 2 objectives when I made this last Valentine's event spawns and almost everyone seemed to be satisfied.

So, for the Guild Island Spawn Changes I have the following two ideas:

1.- Do as it is right now. Simply change some pokemon one by one, I remove one and add another one that better suits the area and try to follow the same Nature and Ability (hidden ability or not) if possible. This means that the amount of spawns per area will be the same if not very similar.

The variety would stay very similar, so nothing crazy to introduce. These changes would only take me a few days to do.

2.- Do something similar to Pinkan Island. Way more spawns per rotation, way more pokemon variety. However, the spawns would be divided by Morning/Night (one nature or two as a maximum) and then Daytime for different spawns (with a different nature). They'd all follow the same pattern.
More pokemon would be introduced here, but now you'd have less time to hunt specific pokemon. For example, if a pokemon only spawns in the Morning and Night time, you won't be able to hunt it during Daytime. This can be both great to introduce more pokemon into Guild Island (thus, making you stay longer) or hurting your hunting hours if they don't match your Poketime. 

I would like your opinions on these two ideas I have. These will apply to all maps available in Guild Island that have rotational spawns. Please, avoid going off-topic on other topics such as EV Wald, Johto/Kanto routes, Event Area Spawn reworks and so on. These are things I'm already tackling in the background! 

Useful feedback: This spawn (Goldeen) makes no sense because the other pokemon work with a Relaxed nature while this one doesn't. The rarity of Magikarp here is wrong, it should be Common instead of Rare. The level range for this pokemon is wrong, it faints itself. You could change this Scyther into this other zone to change Larvesta, because Adamant fits here better while Bold fits better in the other site. I think Klefki would be a good addition.

^with this, we get good feedback and we can actually make changes accordingly.

Not useful feedback: This spawn/idea is trash, this spawn/idea is amazing.
^with this, we don't understand why this complaint/compliment is brought into the thread.

All off-topic comments and toxic comments will be moderated and removed.

• Like 2

I´ve been using guild island to farm since this month started, i have loved some spawns and not so much others, i guess making a decision here migh lead to having half of the potential thing that i like and half of what i dont like. 
I do feel atracted to the idea of having different spawns at different times of the day, but only if its in a specific area, lets say "guild island falls", because as many know, grinding is the main point of getting good mons, even tho luck is a factor, there is a component of putting in effort, and reducing the effort and favoring randomnes even more dosent feel right, or at least for me. 
So, my answer cant go into this poll. As i feel it might be missunderstood. 

TLDR: Im in favor of having different spawns, but ONLY if its in a specific location of the island. 

Check my shop: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/193557-doc´s-shop/#comment-1098714

• Like 1

As you already mentioned there are some spawns that is pretty much useless. 
I have been in Guild Island for the majority since it got released and feel that something extra was needed aswell.

Personally i love the Idea of making it more like you did with the valentine event since it gave a huge boost in farming.

For example now you can go inside Guild Island Forest just to get legit crazy with the difference between the Pokemons nature needed. 

I am not sure if Gligar became Rare in Guild Island but it should be uncommon.

+ Guild Island Falls should only be for the top 3 Guilds.
Getting top 3 is harder than gathering 20 Mysterious Tickets!

Other than this there is not more from me.
A great Idea and I am happily lookin forward towards new spawns and a new excited Guild Island! 

GP :PikaLurk:

• Like 1

image.gif.55b6b1a1e57d97a794609777ade3a58b.gif

I believe that Rotational spawns is good, what i would suggest is a ''fixed rotation'' so we will have per month at least once every set. Some sets are more useful to ones than others, but i think all sets have good pokes to hunt. So since we have 9 total sets, i would suggest each set to stay for 3 days, therefore in 27 days all sets have been used, i would say the last 4days would be from votes like we have now.

My suggestion would bereduce the amount of sets, Supprot set is kinda irrelevant i would say, and especific Weather teams, just lacks enough mons to be relevant enough imo. In any case i will leave a suggested set. This is just an opinion dont critize me too much ok x)
SInce we have 4 possible spawn areas, and 4 possible weather, lets split them shall we.
About the current spanws in ea sets im give some suggestions, and trying not to be too broken:

Offense

GUILD ISLAND: Dratini Marill

GUILD ISLAND FOREST: Snivy Larvesta Abra

GUILD ISLAND CAVE: Beldum Larvitar Gible Sneasel 

GUILD ISLAND FALLS: Jangmo-o Froakie

Balance

GUILD ISLAND: Frillish Mantyke

GUILD ISLAND FOREST: Ferroseed Tangela

GUILD ISLAND CAVE: Rotom Deino Porygon

GUILD ISLAND FALLS: Pawniard Scyther Meditite

Weather 

GUILD ISLAND: Mudkip Omanyte Kabuto Lotad Qwilfish Wingull Horsea 

GUILD ISLAND FOREST: Charmender Bulbasaur Torkoal Seedot 

GUILD ISLAND CAVE: Drilbur Gligar Hippopotas Buneary

GUILD ISLAND FALLS: Alolan Vulpix Snover Snorunt Spheal

Trick Room

GUILD ISLAND: Corpish Marill

GUILD ISLAND FOREST: Solosis Bronzor Slowpoke 

GUILD ISLAND CAVE: Mawile Alolan Marowak

GUILD ISLAND FALLS: Audino Espurr Whismur

Stall

GUILD ISLAND: Alomomola Slowpoke Mantyke

GUILD ISLAND FOREST: Foongus Chansey Clefairy

GUILD ISLAND CAVE: Skarmory Sableye

GUILD ISLAND FALLS: Alolan Grimer

I cant come up with low tiers spawns XD Not that easy to make the spawns balance based on the ''set type'' 

I just gave an idea, on how to maximize spawns. trying to have 5 sets which makes 6 days ea, 3 days rotation. therefore ppl can hunt one set twice a month. The sets are pretty straight forward, where high tier mons appear in a specific set. 
In short, what i suggest, is a rotation spawns, fixed, 3 days each and 5 sets. With this we will have each set twice a month. 

• Like 5

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Yop Bromoso, I'm clearly in favor of adding some exciting new spawns. However, imo the main problem are the theme rotations that have a chance to happen every 12 hours IRL. It is risky of using a BMS if you're looking for a specific Pokemon in a specific spawn like Alolan Sandshrew and a surprise theme rotation occurs ! Poof gone.

It would be cool if Walross could somehow be convinced to change those rotations of happening from every 12 hours to like every 4 days but this time at 100% chance of occuring due to votes. As for how it could work differently with votes every 4 days, for exemple, if we choose "Balanced" spawn which is the most popular one due to it having Rotom, you would need to choose 3 other spawn theme before being able to choose Balanced again. Of course anyone will want Rotom 24/24 if we could ! By doing like this, this will preserve some Pokemon rarities such as our dear Rotom. In 1 month, you'll be able to have Rotom 2 times with 8 days of hunting if guilds coordinate each other.

But, If Walross can't be convinced, and if you manage to make it so there will always be fine Pokemon to hunt while having a BMS in every spawn of each theme and rotation(M/D/N) where you will plan to put together Pokemon needing the H.A, this will be a good start.

Fafouney

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Commenting to both bump the thread for more opinions + notify that I've begun reworking the spawns! It will be forwarded to our overlord Walross and see if it proceeds further.

I have a TON of work ahead but we'll try doing a bit every day and see where we arrive!

• Like 1