Bulba - A Discord Bot for PRO

Desumi

7 minutes ago, Ravenski said:

Just wondering if its possible to have a feature like checking if there's a spawn with two or more pokes specified? For example for reborn bot it's "^s poke". But instead I'll check two pokes together like "^s poke1, poke2".

It can be helpful sometimes like if I wanna hunt for gastly but thought of hunting nidoran m too. I might wonder if there's a spawn with the two pokes in the same area. Thanks.

Hey, that is entirely possible to code and seems like a interesting idea. I'll have a look at my current code and see what I can do with the time today! :EasterBulba:

• Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Desumi said:

Hey, that is entirely possible to code and seems like a interesting idea. I'll have a look at my current code and see what I can do with the time today! :EasterBulba:

Woah that's a great news. It really came to my mind when I hunted common pokes. I'll look forward to it then. Thanks keep up the good work 🤙

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ravenski said:

Woah that's a great news. It really came to my mind when I hunted common pokes. I'll look forward to it then. Thanks keep up the good work 🤙

While scratching my head for awhile, I think I got something interesting. For the input field, it now allows multiple queries by seperating them with a comma. This is set to allow 4 queries at a time, and will filter out a Map/Route, Boss or Excavation site input and will not count that into the total queries (i.e check the example below for what I mean). It also filters out any invalid Pokemon names. I also sorted it alphabetically and will now always list the Land spawns first, if it has any. I'll tweak around a bit more and if it doesn't break, it'll be included in tomorrow's release as part of the finalized converted commands.

image.png.e65ab551106eb167e9953e64bf6ae21a.png

Edited by Desumi

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Desumi said:

While scratching my head for awhile, I think I got something interesting. For the input field, it now allows multiple queries by seperating them with a comma. This is set to allow 4 queries at a time, and will filter out a Map/Route, Boss or Excavation site input and will not count that into the total queries (i.e check the example below for what I mean). It also filters out any invalid Pokemon names. I also sorted it alphabetically and will now always list the Land spawns first, if it has any. I'll tweak around a bit more and if it doesn't break, it'll be included in tomorrow's release as part of the finalized converted commands.

image.png.e65ab551106eb167e9953e64bf6ae21a.png

That really is cool. It's obvious that you really put a lot of work into this.

Btw, what I said last time was like this (image below) after the input "^s metang, swirlix". Since common pokes like gastly and nidoran have so many spawns, I wondered if there's a single spawn/map/area with the two pokes together. Since the only way to know it is by checking all their spawn one by one which is time consuming. 

image.png.c8fc65884ff81b0ae65620669e4f8fa8.png

The image above is what I got using reborn. I did "^repel swirlix". It doesn't have the thing that I said too sadly.

Edited by Ravenski

1 hour ago, Ravenski said:

Btw, what I said last time was like this (image below) after the input "^s metang, swirlix". Since common pokes like gastly and nidoran have so many spawns, I wondered if there's a single spawn/map/area with the two pokes together. Since the only way to know it is by checking all their spawn one by one which is time consuming. 

The image above is what I got using reborn. I did "^repel swirlix". It doesn't have the thing that I said too sadly.

Hmm, that's also a good idea compared to what I currently have implemented. It should just be a few changes, nothing impossible tbh. I'll tweak around a bit again and see what I can do. :HalloweenBulba:

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Ravenski said:

For the time being, I guess this will suffice. It will only show locations which both Pokemon can be found. While it would take too long to make a workaround to merge them into a single value (i.e like Reborn) before release, this is the best I can do for now. I might come back and tweak on this in the future to make it more compact.

image.png.884cf4506fbac0e3b0450f6b04223b8a.png

I also sorted it by its Map name, so it looks better and is easier to read for Pokemon that share a whole lot of spawns.

image.png.6f395a62c427866b1bb1ad941fea1fda.png

Edited by Desumi
  • Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• Desumi changed the title to [RELEASING TODAY] Bulba - A Discord Bot for PRO
1 hour ago, Desumi said:

For the time being, I guess this will suffice. It will only show locations which both Pokemon can be found. While it would take too long to make a workaround to merge them into a single value (i.e like Reborn) before release, this is the best I can do for now. I might come back and tweak on this in the future to make it more compact.

image.png.884cf4506fbac0e3b0450f6b04223b8a.png

Wow that's really nice. Beyond my expectation. It already solved the problem which is the important part. Now we won't waste minutes looking for possible spawns of two or maybe more pokes. 

Again, thanks for hearing my feedbacks/requests. I'll just wait for the release then. GL :SquirtleSquad: 

Edited by Ravenski

• Desumi changed the title to Bulba - A Discord Bot for PRO

1.0.0 is now live!

After a few months, Bulba is finally at its peak, updated to the latest version that is currently available and in a state that I feel comfortable releasing to the public. The bot have had its fair share of updates prior to release and also had a major update in both internal structure and framework throughout its dev period. But fret not, today marks a day of celebration. A PRO Discord bot that won't break (unless I absolutely screwed something up...), rival or exceed the concurrent competitor(s) and a bot solely created to aim to reach the top someday. A fully packed Discord bot with many yet to see features, fun and informative commands and last but not least, not far from Reborn's format, meaning everyone who is familiar with or love Reborn's format will also like this bot.

The road ahead:

While maintaining a Discord bot sounds like a lot of work, it doesn't start being a hassle until its first verification at 100 servers. So once it hits 80, its time to apply. After this hurdle is overcome, I'll continue to aim for more servers and once and IF it hits the max internal shard limit at 14,000 servers, I'll consider sharding it using the ShardManager from Discord.js. In reality I have all this planned out and are already finished setting this up already.

Bot support, suggestions and bug fixes/patches:

I will love all and every suggestion put forward. I will also continue to put out bug fixes and patches where I see fit or if something breaks. Furthermore I will be accessible for bot support for the next month or so, before I start looking into making a bot wiki, so that people can rely on this instead.

Well, with all this, I have gone ahead and updated this Forum post, the bot is now invitable to any server.

A detailed Changelog for the update can be found in the support server in #📌bot-changelogs

Once more, thank you to all who have tested Bulba while it was still in development.

And a huge thanks to all those that have supported Bulba so far.

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png