Bulba - A Discord Bot for PRO

Desumi

A new update:

While Bulba is still in its final development phase, a website has been created as part of its pre-release schedule.

You can take a look at https://bulba.pro/ if you are interested. It is pretty similiar to this forum thread in layout, but have more functionalities along with a countdown timer for its first initial planned release date of August 1st 2022, more about this date below.

A quick update regarding its release date:
The new release date for the bot has been set to August 1st 2022 and it may still be subject to change depending on the circumstances regarding the concurrent testing. But all lights points to green currently and it is passing all of its preasure tests so far.

A quick reminder:

For those that do not know yet, this is not a project associated/affiliated with PRO and is just a community made project by myself.

Edited by Desumi

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Time flows ever nearer the set release date...

As I've stated on the Support Server for Bulba and also is shown (countdown clock) on its official website, the bot will be released on the 1st of August, around 4 PM GMT+0. The website countdown clock is somewhat wacky, I'm not a website wizard.. so its not 100% accurate. With this date closing in, I decided to create a server event, feel free to come and join in on Discord by clicking me!

From Discord.js v13 (the current version of Bulba) to v14 on its release:

For those that have not joined the Discord server, once the bot is released, it will be running on Discord.js v14 library, whereas now it runs on v13. This change is currently being worked on and my progress so far has been overwhelmingly good with little to no issues converting commands. In short, Discord.js v14 is better in many regards. The reasons I decided to convert to v14 are all the new cool features (modals, builders are finally included, enums are finally lowercased and no more underscores...) and a lot more tech-related small features that make things look cleaner and are even easier to use. 

A quick reminder:

As people still misunderstand this simple fact, this Discord bot is NOT an official bot created by a member of Pokemon Revolution Online staff team, nor is it going to "replace" Reborn. It is a community creation, created to someday be the new mainstream bot around. It is developed and maintained by myself. Yes, I am a Contributor, but I am NOT part of the PRO staff team, as this role does not include the moderating duties and is solely a visual representation that I have Contributed to PRO in some way and earned my rights to the role.

A big thank you to all those who have tested out the bot so far.

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

On 7/23/2022 at 3:26 AM, Desumi said:

Time flows ever nearer the set release date...

As I've stated on the Support Server for Bulba and also is shown (countdown clock) on its official website, the bot will be released on the 1st of August, around 4 PM GMT+0. The website countdown clock is somewhat wacky, I'm not a website wizard.. so its not 100% accurate. With this date closing in, I decided to create a server event, feel free to come and join in on Discord by clicking me!

From Discord.js v13 (the current version of Bulba) to v14 on its release:

For those that have not joined the Discord server, once the bot is released, it will be running on Discord.js v14 library, whereas now it runs on v13. This change is currently being worked on and my progress so far has been overwhelmingly good with little to no issues converting commands. In short, Discord.js v14 is better in many regards. The reasons I decided to convert to v14 are all the new cool features (modals, builders are finally included, enums are finally lowercased and no more underscores...) and a lot more tech-related small features that make things look cleaner and are even easier to use. 

A quick reminder:

As people still misunderstand this simple fact, this Discord bot is NOT an official bot created by a member of Pokemon Revolution Online staff team, nor is it going to "replace" Reborn. It is a community creation, created to someday be the new mainstream bot around. It is developed and maintained by myself. Yes, I am a Contributor, but I am NOT part of the PRO staff team, as this role does not include the moderating duties and is solely a visual representation that I have Contributed to PRO in some way and earned my rights to the role.

A big thank you to all those who have tested out the bot so far.

i see u grabbed some ideas of codepen and used three.js too nice website

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TatakaeBaka said:

i see u grabbed some ideas of codepen and used three.js too nice website

Not familiar with codepen nor heard of three.js. I used Abobe Muse CC to create my website design and export it as HTML following a few purchased plugins and tweaked the design in-client, extracted to HTML and made a few changes manually. As I am no website HTML wizard, I look to design a website and let the plugins and html exporter handle the rest. It might be that one of those plugins are also posted elsewhere illegally and that might resemble the mention of codepen and or three.js, but I have no recollective memory of ever using or heard of those words before, not even after a quick google search. Thanks for the compliment, if it was one, regardless.

19 minutes ago, Ravenski said:

Can't wait to try it ✨

Glad to hear that! Then I haven't spent the last 3 months coding Bulba for nothing. :PikaLurk:

Edited by Desumi

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Donator said:

Hi, if it's done. Can I add Bulba (Bot) to my server Discord.

Its essentially done, just converting the last bit of commands to v14 and I estimate that the full release to v14 will happen on August 1st. However, my dev version that is currently up and running is on the v13 setup, but is whitelisted, so I'll need a Server ID to whitelist it, otherwise you can still test it through the support server.

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Desumi said:

Its essentially done, just converting the last bit of commands to v14 and I estimate that the full release to v14 will happen on August 1st. However, my dev version that is currently up and running is on the v13 setup, but is whitelisted, so I'll need a Server ID to whitelist it, otherwise you can still test it through the support server.

I hope can add to my Discord server

furina.gif.0d819044d9c3cafb5b70c1f8103fb562.gif

Discord : .iamfurina