NPC/Script errors

Red

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cougan Thank you for your reports. The initial one has been looked into and amended accordingly.

Regarding the missing helpers: this is a region-wide problem with Johto's gyms, and I would like to lump them together in the same batch of fixes soon. Do remember that these NPCs are not merely informational; they are also agents for rewarding moves upon defeating the gym-leader—namely gym-type-respective TMs—and that is another facet of their functionality that I would look to coalesce when they are to be added.

After due time of deliberation with the rest of the staff to help determine which TMs or tutor-taught moves to reward for each Johto gym, I will hope to finalize the scriptwork for them soon.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Testers, focus more on the NPC dialogue and NPC functionality itself. I logged in for a few minutes and saw dozen of such errors.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Testers, focus more on the NPC dialogue and NPC functionality itself. I logged in for a few minutes and saw dozen of such errors.

a few examples?

Talk to random npcs. You will often see words like "hes" instead of "he is". Dialogue starting with lowercase, huge wall of texts for a text box and overlapping and so on. In anyway do not make it priority for now, check my post about spawns. Will need few checks there.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.