Sub vs Dub

Zeroblade

For me, it depends on the anime/what I'm doing when I watch it.

For example, I hate the dubbed version of Madoka because I dislike their voice actors, and the anime is fairly short, so I exclusively watch subbed.

Fairy Tail, however, I like to watch the dubbed version because there are so many episodes, and I love how quirky the English voice actors sound compared to the more serious dubbed voices. It's a light-hearted anime; therefore, I enjoy hearing it that way. ^^

aPcPLKe.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subs are better than Dubs I think. Because we hear the original voice, and they are (usually) better than the dubs. But if an anime have dubs, i would prefer to still watch the dub. Because im too lazy to read too often :Crazy:

subs!

dubs sound a bit unnatural to me.. it makes me cringe, especially when the voice actors say the japanese names and do those gasp/grunt noises in anime (I don't really know how to describe it, hopefully you know what I'm talking about haha)

I'm ok with dubs in pokemon and studio ghibli stuff though :P

• 2 weeks later...

I usually watch all dubbed episodes, then switch onto subbed.

I don't really mind either. Dubbed I can watch and chill, subbed i usually have to pay somewhat attention and end up missing parts.

Some dubs I tend to avoid but most recent dubs are actually alright..