Sub vs Dub

Zeroblade

Hey guys

I've got a little question: Do you guys prefer your anime with the original japanese dub along with subtitles or do you prefer watching anime in your respective language in dubbed form?

I myself prefer subtitles because here in germany the licensed dub-versions... well... they are pretty bad xD not all of 'em, but most of 'em + the japanese versions... how do I say that... uhm... for me it just seems like the japanese voice-acters put more feelings into their voices, does this make sense? :confused:

Some people might have problems with reading and watching at the same time and because of that the prefer the dubbed versions but anyways

what do you guys prefer? :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

137282 Subbed for me because it feels like I'm learning a second language

I know, right? :D

Everything leads to a point where you actually understand a few sentences and then you just sit there like :Ambivalent: I really understood what that character said without looking at the subtitles :Ambivalent:

Subbed because i feel more connected with the characters. Like ZeroBlade said there is more emotion put into the voices. The difference between subbed and dubbed for me is so big that i probably would not watch anime if dubbed was my only option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...