Sub vs Dub

Zeroblade

Honestly I couldn't say, I have seen countless of animes subbed and only about 3-5 dubbed and that happened many years ago when it was aired on the tv. (Like Pokémon / DBZ / Shaman King) I have seen a bit of Naruto dubbed but switched to sub only because there was so much more episodes to be seen that were only available in japanese. That is probably the reason I watch sub, dub takes more time to get released and I want to watch the animes as soon as possible.

Side note, I cant watch DBZ anymore because I can't stand Goku's japanese voice.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subbed for sure, always feels and sounds a lot better. There are a few I don't mind in dubbed though, if it's like a re-watch while I'm gaming. Has to have good voice actors though, can't do with the One Piece dubbed.. :Frown:

giphy.gif

" A Man's Dream Will Never Die. "

2qj8zft.gif

It really depends on the anime. If its something that ive watched a long time ago, I will defintly choose dub over sub. (examples: fma, dragonball, yu yu hakusho, pokemon, digimon, and yugioh)

Anything new that i watch usually has the dub lagging behind the subbed version or the dub is plain ehh, so i watch them subbed.

Overall i choose subbed but i believe dubbed can sometimes match or even surpas the subbed in the right circumstances.

clannad3ah5s_by_ephayris-d7yshr3.jpg

#TEAM ROWLETT

200w.gif#2

I always go subbed with very few exceptions that are done right in dub. But the original voices in the vast majority of anime are much better and just feel right.

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]