Automatic Run Pattern for Characters

Professorpoak

I suffer from carpal tunnel and this limits to how long I can sit here pressing A and D over and over to encounter pokemon. Even using controller hurts after a bit. I really enjoy the game and want to farm and catch good pokemon but it is severely limiting for me to do this without some kind of automation. I can't use a simple macro to move my character left and right to remove the physical pain since it is banned. I want you guys to just literally add a built in movement macro in the options. It would basically be just set your character motion in two directions (left and right) or (up and down) and make you character run/walk in those two directions switching directions at 1, 2, or 3 second intervals. You still have to be present to catch the pokemon that you encounter and it cannot farm for you but it will heavily reduce the amount of inputs my hands have to endure while farming events or rare pokemon. This would help all community members and especially members with disabilities. I'm a software engineer, I would even help writing the code to implement this. I just want to play one of my favorite games without feeling pain from playing. I think this would be very useful for the whole community and would help with inclusivity for those with disabilities. The change is simple and quick to implement and it would honestly reduce the amount of people who would want to look for external macros or cheat in my opinion. Let me know if you like the idea and if I can help get it implemented asap

• Like 1

I'm going to say -1. Even if unfair, all kinds of automation should be prohibited no matter what the individual's circumstances are. Normalising it for a few will cause the others to start using it too whether allowed or not as a group in response to it. I understand some people have health concerns on it but I doubt letting everyone move automatically would be a good solution at all. It just feels like it's going to be abused further.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

37 minutes ago, Professorpoak said:

I suffer from carpal tunnel and this limits to how long I can sit here pressing A and D over and over to encounter pokemon. Even using controller hurts after a bit. I really enjoy the game and want to farm and catch good pokemon but it is severely limiting for me to do this without some kind of automation. I can't use a simple macro to move my character left and right to remove the physical pain since it is banned. I want you guys to just literally add a built in movement macro in the options. It would basically be just set your character motion in two directions (left and right) or (up and down) and make you character run/walk in those two directions switching directions at 1, 2, or 3 second intervals. You still have to be present to catch the pokemon that you encounter and it cannot farm for you but it will heavily reduce the amount of inputs my hands have to endure while farming events or rare pokemon. This would help all community members and especially members with disabilities. I'm a software engineer, I would even help writing the code to implement this. I just want to play one of my favorite games without feeling pain from playing. I think this would be very useful for the whole community and would help with inclusivity for those with disabilities. The change is simple and quick to implement and it would honestly reduce the amount of people who would want to look for external macros or cheat in my opinion. Let me know if you like the idea and if I can help get it implemented asap

I really do feel for you my bro, but I have to say -1. Any kind of macro will only take away from what this game is supposed to be. Not to mention the people that have put in thousands of hours hunting Pokemons. Just wouldn't be fair to turn it in to an afk game basically 

Edited by Isildurr2x

Lol, no. 

45 minutes ago, Jatzbee said:

Agreed. +1 for leveling the playing field against people who use macros and can't be caught.

Everyone will be caught eventually - don't underestimate our willpower to get all cheaters. 

• Like 2
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Qeight locked this topic