-- How to beat Kanto E4 --

Shamac

146808 Has E4 been buffed since this? My lvl 86 Gengar can't 1 hit any of Lorelei's pokemon.

It depend on your stat and characteristic of your pokemon (Nature/IV/EV). Also no buffed to E4, it still keep the same things since my post.

UPDATE: Just beat E4 with team below (gengar was lvl 91 though) and only used 5 revives, 2 hyper potions and 2 full restores. Thanks so much for this guide!

Okay I'm working on EV training, will report back :D

This is what I have atm:

07df729292.png

02b1dd9c74.png

• 3 weeks later...

You might change that big flashy "Required" to "Recommended", since not everyone has to use those two pokemon to make it. Players who prefer the experience can pick nearly anything they want, and they only need to know to be above level 80.

Against Lorelei nearly any fast Electric type will do. For a slightly bigger challenge you can use grass or even a fighting type since they are all /ice.

Bruno is too easy. Onix have nothing for spdef, the rest are fighting. If you brought anything with high spatk and psychic moves you're golden.

Agatha is arguably easy as well. All her pokemon are also weak to psychic moves. A pokemon, like Arcanine, that can withstand mega gengar's Shadow Ball(spatk) will wreck it with Crunch.

Lance is where I typically have to let some pokemon fight to the last breath then switch. Gyarados cannot take an electric hit, if you properly EV trained your electric mon.

For the rest of Lance and all of Gary, just enjoy the fight! If your pokemon are high enough and you know the basics it can be done. Queue theme song...

Though that is true, this guide is primarily aimed for the newbie players to make it easier for them to go through the e4 (it even states in the very start of the post it is "recommended" for newbie players). Yes there are many different ways to do it, and most veteran pokemon players would be able to do them, I've even beaten them with a team of level 70-78 with one of my accounts, but not everyone has time, to research and build a team nor would they if what they're doing was right. Especially if they are new to pokemon or are used to the regular games where you could take 5-6 pokemon 10 levels under elite 4 and still destroy them with ease. Not to mention magikarp and gastly aren't exactly the rarest of mon in the game so i'm pretty sure anyone could get one if needed, and even w/o the best natures they'd likely still be fine for this guide. It's probably the cheapest, easiest, and least time consuming way to deal with the E4 at the moment. Guide serves it's purpose fine as is as far as I see it.

187246_siggy1_460x184.jpg

2yHZgGD2laDlF52gzXBuu2y1mAlD

Blue Server- Check out my

Shop

Pokemon at 100: 333 - Pokedex: 669

WishList: Shiny Zubat/Golbat Calm --- Epic HA Jolly Squirtle