Confirm Run Away Pop-Up

Flamme1230

Dear PRO Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a suggestion that could prevent accidental actions during wild Pokémon encounters— a Confirm Run Away Pop-Up.

Implementing an option in the settings menu that enables a confirmation prompt when selecting the "Run Away" option in battle could prevent unintentional escapes. This toggleable feature would add an extra layer of assurance for trainers during wild encounters that are farming for Pokémon. Additionally, we couldalso think of implementing a filter to enable confirmation prompts for specific Pokémon encounters rather than just all encounters.

Benefits:

Error prevention: Reduces the chances of accidental runaways during wild Pokémon encounters.

Player control: Allows trainers to choose whether they want the confirmation prompt based on their preference.

If the filtering option isn't considered useful enough, then, as mentioned above, perhaps implementing a filter for specific Pokémon (found with a search bar or maybe an addition in the Pokédex?) for the Confirm Run Away could be an alternative.

If both options are too much for the current mod workload, then the original idea of a general Confirm Run Away Button is - in my opinion - still a valuable improvement.

I believe these additions could enhance the overall player experience by providing flexibility and control. Thank you for considering this suggestion.

NOTE:

In the recent Christmas Zorua event, many players, including me, have incidentally ran away from Zorua(s) and lost their opportunity to getting what they were looking for (or other losses) which is pretty frustrating. I find this to be a small additional reason to wanting to implement this feature in the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope this long message was worth your trouble.

Best regards and happy new year,

Flamme1230 "Fardust"

Edited by Flamme1230
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ROeko1705172457.png.cace1fd8ba2e49bf594fb00b2b9d696e.png

I agree and I disagree, ofc it's annoying when this happens but when we already have a pop-up for forms, you are warned and it is your fault.

For normal pokémon you want to farm you should always be serious for the pokémon you encounter.

For me its a useless feature that will take more time into Real things in dev to do list like Box rework or even the icon and so many.

• Checked/Done 1

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hello, I already added a window that pops up when a player encounters a form or shiny. This needs to be either closed or you have to wait for ten seconds before the battle window responds to input again. If that's not sufficient, you should pay more attention to the game window. I don't intend to take any further measures in this regard. This counts for forms, shinies, and normal Pokemon.

• Like 4

• Eaty locked this topic