List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

After read what you wrote about shouold not ban Gothitelle, i can see that you hate stall team very much.

And like copp33 said : "PRO is not showdown. If u want shodown tiers and rules, go play pvp showdown ". I agree.

But can you tell me anyway to counter Gothitelle like it counter stall team in PRO ?

Even in showdown dont have.

Offensive team have to switch a lot in order to hit hard ( shadow tag ), and stall team force you to swicth mostly by status ( rest ), so should I have roar/whirlwind on every wall and u-turn/volt swicth on every sweeper ? :Crazy:

Is it still a joy to play a game when you already know there is no way you can win?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

205634 Just face it : Shadow tag IS overpowered. No matter the arguments you'll put down.

Again: Shadow Tag is not OP. If you can not deal with it with your team's meta-style, it's your problem. Not the problem of those who use it in their own PvP team.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

205634 Just face it : Shadow tag IS overpowered. No matter the arguments you'll put down.

Again: Shadow Tag is not OP. If you can not deal with it with your team's meta-style, it's your problem. Not the problem of those who use it in their own PvP team.

The thing is there is no way to deal with it once it comes in... You can't switch out so you are forced to stay in and watch it boost to +6 sp attack and sp def.

So. Much. This.

No, not so much of that.

You both will have to learn how you can deal with Shadow Tag Pokémon.

It's not the Shadow Tag's fault you fail to do so.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

So. Much. This.

No, not so much of that.

You both will have to learn how you can deal with Shadow Tag Pokémon.

It's not the Shadow Tag's fault you fail to do so.

It's Shadow Tag's fault it prevents switches though. No easier way of getting guaranteed KOs. Can it be dealt with? Yes. No one said it can't be. Is it overpowered? Yes. I'd say turning a 6v6 battle into 1v1 on a whim is a ridiculous ability.

I don't run any h.a GOTHITELLE or h.a SLOWBRO in my team, you can ask people who do PvP in red sever

I found out that dealing with h.a GOTHITELLE are easier and less boring than dealing with h.a SLOWBRO, or at least it doesnt wasting so much time just for a single match.

I also can say "just run a pokemon with knock off blah.. blah.. blah.. to counter GOTHITELLE" or "Be creative and blah.. blah.. blah.." and then ignore any reason given just like most of did you when people complaining about REGENERATOR, but its 'easier to said than done' right?

There someone give a solution to ban h.a GOTHITELLE but you must also ban h.a SLOWBRO, yet you don't even consider this idea right? because it will mess your stall team formation? you can't even play stall without REGENERATOR slowbro right?

The next step is you keep bringing up SMOGON rules blah... blah.. blah..

It's not SHOWDOWN, its not normal POKEMON game where every ability, move & items are available for PvP.

So please if you doesnt have any experience in PRO PvP you better not giving a comment based on another POKEMON GAME.

I don't mind h.a GOTHITELLE get banned from PvP as long as the staff do something about REGENERATOR slowbro either by adding ORB & CHOICE or also banning it from PvP

205657 I don't run any h.a GOTHITELLE or h.a SLOWBRO in my team, you can ask people who do PvP in red sever

I found out that dealing with h.a GOTHITELLE are easier and less boring than dealing with h.a SLOWBRO, or at least it doesnt wasting so much time just for a single match.

I also can say "just run a pokemon with knock off blah.. blah.. blah.. to counter GOTHITELLE" or "Be creative and blah.. blah.. blah.." and then ignore any reason given just like most of did you when people complaining about REGENERATOR, but its 'easier to said than done' right?

There someone give a solution to ban h.a GOTHITELLE but you must also ban h.a SLOWBRO, yet you don't even consider this idea right? because it will mess your stall team formation? you can't even play stall without REGENERATOR slowbro right?

The next step is you keep bringing up SMOGON rules blah... blah.. blah..

It's not SHOWDOWN, its not normal POKEMON game where every ability, move & items are available for PvP.

So please if you doesnt have any experience in PRO PvP you better not giving a comment based on another POKEMON GAME.

I don't mind h.a GOTHITELLE get banned from PvP as long as the staff do something about REGENERATOR slowbro either by adding ORB & CHOICE or also banning it from PvP

Except I did say Regenarator also needs to be looked at (page 12):

198642 I think Spore should be banned until Sleep Clause is implemented. If you happen to not have a Grass Type or something that is unaffected, you're pretty much screwed. Exactly one move slot and one Pokemon slot required to wreak havoc.

Gothitelle with Shadow Tag should also be banned. It's essentially a walking +6 Spatk +6 Spdef nightmare. While it can be killed even then, there's no way to stop it. It can come in anytime to erase a specific threat to clear the way for a sweep, and I say erase because it's downright impossible to kill it decides to switch in on you. It's also a perfect revenge killer in that it can revenge kill pretty much anything.

I agree that Regenerator should at least be considered for a ban. By itself, it's a great ability that makes using Tangrowth viable, makes Slowbro even stronger, and makes Amoonguss hands down the best Grass type wall in the game. As pointed out by other players, however, it's very easily exploitable. On one hand, one or a combination of them as your defensive core along with cleric support can be a serious chore to take down, even in a world with Pursuit, Life Orb, and Choice Items. On the other, some common stall breakers and set up sweepers can make life very difficult for them. Excadrill can set up on nearly any cleric, Togekiss can Nasty Plot + Paraflinch, Scizor can't be poisoned and can set up, Taunt users can whittle them down as they switch, etc. Unlike Spore and Shadow Tag Gothitelle which are broken by themselves, you have to build around Regenerator using precious team slots and it's only really a problem if used in stall.

They both cause problems in the meta, but Shadow Tag is far more game breaking. If anything will be banned, it should go first.