List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

When u farm something that is ban from the OU by smogon, u can normally expect that he can be ban in the futur in PRO.

I would like you not to provide uncertain information as facts ^^ say things as they are: a thing is banned from OU by smogon, this thing is currently NOT banned in PRO, and we don't know if it will be in the future.

What do u read when i wrote : "he can be ban in the futur in PRO."

You speak a lot but please don't comment for nothing.

The sentence you wrote was suggesting a really high chance of that happening "u can normally expect that he can be ban in the futur in PRO" , while in reality the tendency that makes most sense assuming based on previous staff decisions, is that catchable spawns will not be banned in the future ^^

Anyway we'll see what will be decided in the future both by the staff and the community, maybe when some more items will be implemented, as of right now the pokemon banned from PvP are listed in the main topic and nothing much more ^^

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

208441 a little question... what can i do with my woobufet? just release it after many days hunting, buying, training ev and lvl?

.eJwFwW0OgyAMANC7cABKx5d6G4IEzbQltGY_lt19733NMy-zmUN1yAawn1J57laUZ-nNduZ-tTJOsZVvKKqlHncjFcAlRh9dciHEHHMIDl7Oe_S4riklTHnBDA-9iT9kB3Xz-wMGjyLc.F8JZn5b4_BlY-_pP-yeboHxawnU.png

I have one too, it's sad that he doesn't work because it lacks encore and destiny bond x-x

Just keep it, those moves will be coded eventually ^^ Like i keep my rotom wash (without -wash :'( ) in boxes

208441 a little question... what can i do with my woobufet? just release it after many days hunting, buying, training ev and lvl?

.eJwFwW0OgyAMANC7cABKx5d6G4IEzbQltGY_lt19733NMy-zmUN1yAawn1J57laUZ-nNduZ-tTJOsZVvKKqlHncjFcAlRh9dciHEHHMIDl7Oe_S4riklTHnBDA-9iT9kB3Xz-wMGjyLc.F8JZn5b4_BlY-_pP-yeboHxawnU.png

I have one too, it's sad that he doesn't work because it lacks encore and destiny bond x-x

Just keep it, those moves will be coded eventually ^^ Like i keep my rotom wash (without -wash :'( ) in boxes

Yeah, i'm counting on that, but I think mine will have to wait until they add an Encore tutor because it was caught in CC already evolved without the move... Now I don't remember if it has Destiny Bond too... x-x

208266 Uhm... Banning... Hazards? :/ uhm...

it was brought up with a valid argument (tm defog missing) but i added the counter arguments too.

Interesting points. I dont really agree on banning regen yet thought. It is very strong but i dont think its a must use it yourself or lose the game type of thing like some legendarys would be if they were available and allowed. I dont really mind shadow tag gone however i still think if you build your team correctly and lose 1 pokemon to goth you still have basically a 5v5 since his goth cant do anything to other pokemon once you are built to face it/know opponent has it. This wouldnt be the case if choice scarf was a thing and goth could just proceed to sweep with scarf after +6.

This whole discussion is heavily biased because we have different playstyles, play against different enemies and in different ratings. And reading the last 15 pages i got the feeling the goal improving the pvp experience for everyone (and maybe improve variaty in gameplay with the given content) got lost. Just because some1 is experiancing stuff ingame doesnt mean its the truth.

I dont like a hard ban on Regenerator or Shadowtag too. That's the reason i added alternatives.

If i follow the discussion i see the problem in the first case in the combination of regen Slowbro and natural cure Blissey while u cant trap Slowbro with pursuit. And in the second case its the combination with trapping and setting up and switching out for free (no pursuit) after the kill. choice items dont matter for gothitelle because of lock in -> cant use setup and dmg moves. So in both cases pursuit will improve gameplay, choice items and life orb not neseccarily because of recoil and lock in.

IMO if we leave the route of hard ban Yes/No and try to find more alternatives we may find solutions better than smogon.

Yes we have different playing styles but it is no surprise that defensive playing styles are heavily favored and those of us whom are more offensive tend to try twice as hard to remain on top while others don't.

I don't undertand, why shadow tag still isn't banned, this ability havent any counterplay, maybe if you use mega evolutions and legendary pokemons, but already you can use h.a gothita and killing enemy pokemons winought any consequences. You kill one pokemon, next make switch and wait for another pokemon easy to kill and another...

manruls-siggy_zpsaf6fa89b.gif

219448 Please ban Pokemon with Shadow Tag ability, thanks.

(Gothita, Shadowtag)

Also, can UBERS be banned too.

:thanks:

"Please do this, please do that... thanks." :Angry:

Looks more like an order than a suggestion, you really should consider that if you post here, it's in order to convince the admins doing something, not commanding them around because somethings bugging you ... Let's go reverse:

Please explain why ?

And to answer the previous guy: if you dont know why, you must be one of those boring stallers. Gothithelle is not hard to counter. It's slow, you will always hit first... with a good enough pokemon, haha, yea, thats it. You guys dont want Shadow Tag? Stop doing full stall teams.

4FVP

219448 Please ban Pokemon with Shadow Tag ability, thanks.

(Gothita, Shadowtag)

Also, can UBERS be banned too.

:thanks:

"Please do this, please do that... thanks." :Angry:

Looks more like an order than a suggestion, you really should consider that if you post here, it's in order to convince the admins doing something, not commanding them around because somethings bugging you ... Let's go reverse:

Please explain why ?

And to answer the previous guy: if you dont know why, you must be one of those boring stallers. Gothithelle is not hard to counter. It's slow, you will always hit first... with a good enough pokemon, haha, yea, thats it. You guys dont want Shadow Tag? Stop doing full stall teams.

My team has a Gothitelle in it... And it is definitely not slow vs a fighting type and stallers. I don't have a stall team, I don't have the patience to EV train a tank.