List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

206912 As for what should be banned? It's pretty straight forward and the answer is kind of obvious. The lack of wall breaker items has caused a huge shift in favor of wall users. It is no surprise that many of the recent top dogs in pvp whom achieved the leaderboards literally used 5-6 walls in their teams, I won't mention names. Solution? Limit pokes considered to be a "wall" to say three in ranked battles. It wouldn't be too hard to come up with a list. I only see it as fair since some of us don't enjoy using that many walls in the first place.

i kinda agree with this idea but this will put restraint on team-building which is disastrous when you take team building and team structure into play and restraining and centralizing pokes will only result in more threats and more excessive usage.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aghh..

I would never blame people using full walls team.. It's their choice, their style; from my own exp balanced strong against stall; stall checks offensive and offensive breakthrough balanced.. Actually, I feel more comfortable when versus stalls rather than hyper offensive. Haha

And the idea of limiting "defensive pokemons" in each team is just insane.. Which class do you place Arcanine, Tyranitar, Scizor, Gyarados, Garchomp, Venusaur, Roserade.. in? Those pokemon can be good at both defensive as well as offensive role.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

206333your opinion is probably the finest i have seen. The whole point of me ranting is i don't want any of the 2 to get banned and both of them are very good at where they are currently. Ban nothing and code the items and abis and then we can sit and discuss whats op or what is underwhelming :)

I get the feeling there is a missundestanding here. The discussion is going on because of the missing moves/abilities/items. And the banns we talk about will be temporary till the new content is implemented.

193259 I would like the users who do ranked battle to give us an input of which Pokemon should not be in used in a ranked battle. I will start with the basic list you keep suggesting the others such as moves and the Pokemon and please explain why they should not be used in ranked battle. Example; Pokemon X shouldn't be used in ranked battle because Items Y are missing to counter it. ...

Sableye need a ban for sure ! With Prankster it's just sooo OP yes we can counter him, but i just do another game vs a player who use a sableye, i easy rekt him without this sableye, this sableye rekt 4of my team alone, it's just so frustrating, he need a ban seriously

Sableye need a ban for sure ! With Prankster it's just sooo OP yes we can counter him, but i just do another game vs a player who use a sableye, i easy rekt him without this sableye, this sableye rekt 4of my team alone, it's just so frustrating, he need a ban seriously

Get rekt proceed to adapt. Change your team.

Get rekt proceed to adapt. Change your team.

my new line whenever a player appeals for a unfair ban, great line +1.

207156 Get rekt proceed to adapt. Change your team.

Thats it, and thats why shadowtag should be banned.

You cannot see it coming (not like showdown where you at least know there will be a shadow tag user), you lose 1-2 pokemon for free and then show me the team that doesnt fall apart after 2 key pokes are lost? Even if you only lose one pokemon and the the shadow tag user has to switch out after this, maybe you still have 1-2 pokes who will autolose to this set? Then you are in the same situation. They are practicaly unplayable. If you bring them out they will die because the enemy switches in.

I mean, its not like the enemy team autloses after you killed the shadow tag user. There are still 5 pokes left which wont be lvl 1 rattata.

And on the scarf gothi topic: Who cares about scarf?

just look at smogon: https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/gothitelle/uber/

No scarf just leftovers and you can actually see how they call it: "Literally Satan... Again (Calm Mind)"

Its pretty unbelievable that we have to discuss this. We have a sleep clause? Please kick that. If we have shadow tag, we can play the sleep rules of uber too.

@ Regenerator

Regenerator seems to be in a difficult spot. It is not really unbeatable how Futz calls it but without a doubt it can be really frustrating. I can understand that it should be banned untill the scarf, specs, band items are in. (AND i say this as a person who plays slowbro and tangrowth with reg in the team, so dont tell me, i would be against them just because i dont want to play against it).

Stall wont die just because you kick regenerator, so that should only force adaptation. Going for the "only 3 Stalls" route seems pretty ludicrous. How do you even want to define what is still counted as stall and what is not? Its not like there is a black and white szenario. Is a Talonflame with 252 atk and 252 hp + bulk up already stall? And is it banned because of this?

You can see where we are going.

207156 Get rekt proceed to adapt. Change your team.

Thats it, and thats why shadowtag should be banned.

You cannot see it coming (not like showdown where you at least know there will be a shadow tag user), you lose 1-2 pokemon for free and then show me the team that doesnt fall apart after 2 key pokes are lost? Even if you only lose one pokemon and the the shadow tag user has to switch out after this, maybe you still have 1-2 pokes who will autolose to this set? Then you are in the same situation. They are practicaly unplayable. If you bring them out they will die because the enemy switches in.

I mean, its not like the enemy team autloses after you killed the shadow tag user. There are still 5 pokes left which wont be lvl 1 rattata.

And on the scarf gothi topic: Who cares about scarf?

just look at smogon: https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/gothitelle/uber/

No scarf just leftovers and you can actually see how they call it: "Literally Satan... Again (Calm Mind)"

Its pretty unbelievable that we have to discuss this. We have a sleep clause? Please kick that. If we have shadow tag, we can play the sleep rules of uber too.

@ Regenerator

Regenerator seems to be in a difficult spot. It is not really unbeatable how Futz calls it but without a doubt it can be really frustrating. I can understand that it should be banned untill the scarf, specs, band items are in. (AND i say this as a person who plays slowbro and tangrowth with reg in the team, so dont tell me, i would be against them just because i dont want to play against it).

Stall wont die just because you kick regenerator, so that should only force adaptation. Going for the "only 3 Stalls" route seems pretty ludicrous. How do you even want to define what is still counted as stall and what is not? Its not like there is a black and white szenario. Is a Talonflame with 252 atk and 252 hp + bulk up already stall? And is it banned because of this?

You can see where we are going.

Lets see here. H.a. Goth is running rampant! (its not cos its hard to get) What can i possibly do to stop it. It can trap: Some special attackers, some walls. It cant trap: almost any phisical attacker that learns knockoff, any whirlwind, taunt or roar user, Volt switch, u-turn users. The leftover variant of goth on showdown thrived a bit more than it should because of the prevelance of choice scarf one. Scarf goth will make yourself kill with struggle, go to +6 and proceed to kill another poke or 2 with scarf if you dont have your own hyperfast pokemon. Here you can switch in just about anything running knockoff if you get cought off guard. I get the point that no team preview makes it more powerful. Just adapt. Write down people that are using it. Switch a few movesets, dont use goth weak pokemon. Watch it slowly run out of favor. I am however fully opened for review on the possibility of banning it once scarf works.