List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

193259 I would like the users who do ranked battle to give us an input of which Pokemon should not be in used in a ranked battle. I will start with the basic list you keep suggesting the others such as moves and the Pokemon and please explain why they should not be used in ranked battle. Example; Pokemon X shouldn't be used in ranked battle because Items Y are missing to counter it. This is due to complaint from users where staff is using certain legends and where users are overusing broken Pokemon due to lack of essential items and abilities.

When you first made this thread I was excited to see that PvP will undergo some balancing. Well I was just wondering if there could be a response to the many suggestions people provided regarding "broken Pokemon due to lack of essential items and abilities".

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone has highlighed this before. Pardon me for repeating but i do think Breloom with spore should be banned immediately. It's a pretty easy win for the enemy to spam spore, kick in sword dance one or two times, and swiped the entire team. And spore accuracy is 100% which means it can't be missed! How competitive would that be if the enemy keeps using this dirty technique (i call it dirty as I've been swiped many times by players who used this Spore+Breloom). Or at least make it a limit which allows spore to be used once per battle. Do consider this. Thank you :Ambivalent:

Sincerely,

Unhappy trainer :Smile:

[glow=red]Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.[/glow]

287864 I'm not sure if anyone has highlighed this before. Pardon me for repeating but i do think Breloom with spore should be banned immediately. It's a pretty easy win for the enemy to spam spore, kick in sword dance one or two times, and swiped the entire team. And spore accuracy is 100% which means it can't be missed! How competitive would that be if the enemy keeps using this dirty technique (i call it dirty as I've been swiped many times by players who used this Spore+Breloom). Or at least make it a limit which allows spore to be used once per battle. Do consider this. Thank you :Ambivalent:

Sincerely,

go get a h.a talonflame :Grin:

sleep already got nerfed, it last only 1~2 turns now

so spore + sowrd dance is pretty risky for breloom

287864 I'm not sure if anyone has highlighed this before. Pardon me for repeating but i do think Breloom with spore should be banned immediately. It's a pretty easy win for the enemy to spam spore, kick in sword dance one or two times, and swiped the entire team. And spore accuracy is 100% which means it can't be missed! How competitive would that be if the enemy keeps using this dirty technique (i call it dirty as I've been swiped many times by players who used this Spore+Breloom). Or at least make it a limit which allows spore to be used once per battle. Do consider this. Thank you :Ambivalent:

Sincerely,

I'm pretty sure there's sleep clause (max of 1 asleep Pokemon at a time). And Spore is easily countered with Taunt, Insomnia, Vital Spirit, Grass type Pokemon etc. Or you could let the opponent put your Pokemon to sleep, switch to another Pokemon that counters Breloom (which is fairly easy with its 7 weaknesses and only 2 moves) and done! Especially if you have a Talonflame (Gale Wings or not), your job will be easy since a +2 Breloom will only do around half damage to it, and in return it'll get OHKOed.

The best option seems to be letting one of your Pokemon fall asleep and bringing in a Breloom counter. You won't even have to "waste" a slot in your party specifically for a Breloom counter, lots of Pokemon don't mind taking a hit from it (even after a SD boost) then KOing it in return such as Talonflame, Dragonite, Togekiss, Arcanine, Venusaur etc. which are also viable Pokemon in PvP.

Sincerely,

go get a h.a talonflame :Grin:

sleep already got nerfed, it last only 1~2 turns now

so spore + sowrd dance is pretty risky for breloom

My weezing yesterday (my only haze user in da team) got spored n he slept for the entire 3 turns by a Breloom+Spore combo. Where's the fun in that? :(

Sincerely,

I'm pretty sure there's sleep clause (max of 1 asleep Pokemon at a time). And Spore is easily countered with Taunt, Insomnia, Vital Spirit, Grass type Pokemon etc. Or you could let the opponent put your Pokemon to sleep, switch to another Pokemon that counters Breloom (which is fairly easy with its 7 weaknesses and only 2 moves) and done! Especially if you have a Talonflame (Gale Wings or not), your job will be easy since a +2 Breloom will only do around half damage to it, and in return it'll get OHKOed.

The best option seems to be letting one of your Pokemon fall asleep and bringing in a Breloom counter. You won't even have to "waste" a slot in your party specifically for a Breloom counter, lots of Pokemon don't mind taking a hit from it (even after a SD boost) then KOing it in return such as Talonflame, Dragonite, Togekiss, Arcanine, Venusaur etc. which are also viable Pokemon in PvP.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Most of my team are stallers and ddancer sdancer wall, getting spored is such a big problem to me. Cheers~

I find it peculiar that people complain of regenerators and not of Shadow Tag Gothitelle, first ones are difficult to count (blissey, cof cof), second one is almost imposible to count without any death on your team. To make matters worse, Shadow Tag is banned everywhere so...

Here is my list of 'baneable pokes/items' present or future:

.- Gale wings

.- Protean Greninja

.- Shadow Tag

.- Bright powder

.- Quick Claw

Also...

Entry hazards moves, winought defog hm are to strong.

Defog did not remove anything until the sixth generation, hazards existed since second generation :Nervous:

ℓєт уσυя ѕмιℓє ςнαиgє тнє ωσяℓ∂

2e322hw.png