Things i don't like in PRO

Blackdarkness

1. 1.

I dont like how poorly the AI acts sometimes. For example : Using self destruct every turn on a pokemon with damp, using ground type moves on Pokemon with Levitate, using fighting type moves on ghost type pokemon. Im fairly certain the AI just tries to use the move that will do the most damage, so since Gengar is a poison type it'll try to use earthquake and such repeatedly to kill it. I actually used a level 5 gastly to kill Bugsy's Pinsir because for some reason it locked itself into a fighting type move. A level 1 gastly with toxic could potentially take out entire teams of level 100's with the current system and I think thats silly.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the encounter rates on some of the Pokemon in this game is a bit unreasonable. I can understand some Pokemon from inaccessible regions having a low encounter rate for the sake of early access, but other things could afford to be bumped up a little bit.

For example, my friend reached the goal for Love Island earlier today, and as of now he has spent 2 hours searching for something that isn't the most extremely common Pokemon, still empty handed. When it takes these extremely long play sessions to find something you want to run on a team, only to find one of them in a span of 6 hours and for it to end up being sub 10 IVs across the board and a trash nature, it really discourages players from trying breaking into a competitive scene, because the only people who can get competitive Pokemon like Heracross are people blessed by RNJesus. (I personally spent 3 days of play sessions looking for a Heracross only to come up empty handed.)

I'm wondering if you have any reason for these abysmally low encounter rates aside for the flavor of them being "rare", because you can still make things rare without making it into a lottery.

I have two major problems with the game as it is now.

1) The gamey is very linear and boring. Let's face it, all of us played through Kanto at least 5 times in various iterations of Pokemon games. That is no fun any more, no matter what you add to it. Forcing you to start there, play through the exact same story you played on the handhelds, plus add some huge leap forwards in NPC levels between gyms (before Sabrina or Giovanni for example) makes the first 50 hours of gameplay boring, tedious and in general a waste of time. Why can't I start in Jotho, or why the Sevii Islands don't open up earlier than beating the E4? Something that could make mindless grinding less painful. I almost died of boredom. Mind you, it's not about being hard to progress, it is good and prudent in an MMO, but there is nothing the game could enchant you with while you're walking through Kanto, because PRO shows nothing more there than what we saw already a gazillon times. True, it does it flawlessly, but it is not more interesting than playing Fire Red again.

2) I just don't like how trade currently works. We have one single trade channel and that's it. EVERY MMO needs a marketplace, or a market forum or something where you can freely browse things on the market. Some MMOs have a trade terminal in every city which gives you access to a trade platform with everything on the market instantly available. Other MMOs have trade places/cities what players can access from various places across the world, browse the offers, made their transactions and go back where they were. There is nothing like that in PRO, only one single trade chat which is overcrowded by random sale offers, usually not even worth to attention. And even if you have found what you were looking for, you most likely have to walk through half of the world to meed up with the seller in a Pokecenter. And there is nothing funnier than walking through all of Kanto just to realize that your seller changed his mind meanwhile and doesn't even shows up....

I feel like the encounter rates on some of the Pokemon in this game is a bit unreasonable. I can understand some Pokemon from inaccessible regions having a low encounter rate for the sake of early access, but other things could afford to be bumped up a little bit.

For example, my friend reached the goal for Love Island earlier today, and as of now he has spent 2 hours searching for something that isn't the most extremely common Pokemon, still empty handed. When it takes these extremely long play sessions to find something you want to run on a team, only to find one of them in a span of 6 hours and for it to end up being sub 10 IVs across the board and a trash nature, it really discourages players from trying breaking into a competitive scene, because the only people who can get competitive Pokemon like Heracross are people blessed by RNJesus. (I personally spent 3 days of play sessions looking for a Heracross only to come up empty handed.)

I'm wondering if you have any reason for these abysmally low encounter rates aside for the flavor of them being "rare", because you can still make things rare without making it into a lottery.

Love island has a lot of spawns and they are being separated based on their respective zones. You might want to explain it more in detail to me. Such as; which Pokemon you tried to catch, where, was it via surfing or fishing and what time of a day was it. Given the proper feedback, I will resolve the issue instantly. Check my "everything about spawns" forum. Post there any probles you might be experiencing, as well as suggestions.

I have two major problems with the game as it is now.

1) The gamey is very linear and boring. Let's face it, all of us played through Kanto at least 5 times in various iterations of Pokemon games. That is no fun any more, no matter what you add to it. Forcing you to start there, play through the exact same story you played on the handhelds, plus add some huge leap forwards in NPC levels between gyms (before Sabrina or Giovanni for example) makes the first 50 hours of gameplay boring, tedious and in general a waste of time. Why can't I start in Jotho, or why the Sevii Islands don't open up earlier than beating the E4? Something that could make mindless grinding less painful. I almost died of boredom. Mind you, it's not about being hard to progress, it is good and prudent in an MMO, but there is nothing the game could enchant you with while you're walking through Kanto, because PRO shows nothing more there than what we saw already a gazillon times. True, it does it flawlessly, but it is not more interesting than playing Fire Red again.

2) I just don't like how trade currently works. We have one single trade channel and that's it. EVERY MMO needs a marketplace, or a market forum or something where you can freely browse things on the market. Some MMOs have a trade terminal in every city which gives you access to a trade platform with everything on the market instantly available. Other MMOs have trade places/cities what players can access from various places across the world, browse the offers, made their transactions and go back where they were. There is nothing like that in PRO, only one single trade chat which is overcrowded by random sale offers, usually not even worth to attention. And even if you have found what you were looking for, you most likely have to walk through half of the world to meed up with the seller in a Pokecenter. And there is nothing funnier than walking through all of Kanto just to realize that your seller changed his mind meanwhile and doesn't even shows up....

1. We are aware of the situation and we are working on things. I've requested mappers recently to map a custom region that has 0 with the handheld and most likely it will be introduced together with Hoenn. That being said, there will be place for more creativity. When you are re-inventing the regions you are fairly limited in some way. Reason why I say re-inventing is because we gave a twist to the core story and expanded it. Let alone different map design. Regardless of that, you have various places to visit that are not related with the handheld and you also have an effort to do to catch say Mew. That being said, we released not so long ago and it's being worked on things. Personally, I am not a fan of fast and easy progressing but like I said, it's being worked on things. You might want to check the topic I will be posting under general talk forum very shortly. I would appreciate if you could give a feedback, given that you appear as rather an experienced trainer.

2. Auction system was discussed and it's planned to be put into the game. It will be very awesome.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Well, after some hours on this game (and specially after 7 days playing)

I only have ONE problem with the game : Rebattle NPC. This idea is awesome, really, but i don't like the way it's done. The fact that you can't choose if you want to rebattle or not is a problem for me. When I'm EV training, if my lead is the pokémon that i'm training and by mistake or I have a forced battle (script etc) and ruin my EV's for something. There's berry, but, i think that if we could talk to them only for doing the battle would be nice too.

Not something big, to be honnest. But i wanted to share this !

Thanks

I appresiate the answer Red, it's good to know that you're keeping a close eye on things. I agree that when you re-invent a region you're limited, but I liked PWO's approach more on Kanto. They had a more or less original story with no Team Rocket, no Giovanni, Blue is mourning his inferiority under Red etc. That was something new and more original than beating Team Rocket for the 100th time.

I'm looking forward to this mysterious new region though, I'm sure it will be fun to play :)

Things i don't like in PRO

1)too much exp given: you can make your lvl 100 pokemon in no time: you need just 2 day to make yours.in other game you need a month to have 1

2)availability of TMs: you dont have to spend days killing pokemon to get a TM-drop,in other games ,you have to find a specific rare pokemon and kill it to get the drop of 50% of the desired item.

3)availability of items :you dont have to spend days killing pokemon to drop a specific item; in Pro you ,just have to walk around and collect them: leafovers/black sludge/...

I know the game is under-developpement but i just want to help improve it more and more

Pro is the best game but it is not perfect yet

Everything you listed is exactly why I am playing this game above any other.

1. So much exp is given that its not a complete and absolute waist of my time. Not everyone wants to spend half a year developing a team of pokemon, its flat ridiculous. In case you think my math is incorrect, please take note that you stated it takes about a solid month to get 1 pokemon to lvl 100. Thats 6 months for a full team of lvl 100's. Ontop of this, if you take time into consideration for finding good pokemon, your looking at a year or 2 to even find a team(decent pokes) as well as leveling them up. This may be fun for some of you, but its a huge deterrence for anyone who actually values there time. Games like what you are describing only reward 40 year old men with NO life that live in their grandparents basement. Who else has the time? Children? Im sorry but your average childs attention span. Even at that, your average person playing who is an adult, has to go to work for a living in order to pay the bills necessary to even be playing in the first place(which almost doubles the playing time mentioned above to acheive what kids 17 and under are achieving as far as progress is concerned.). Im also going to mention the fact that with half the time spent, you can actually compete and be just as viable in REAL tournaments involved with the pokemon company and your achievements will reward you with real, physical and face to face praise by your peers and millions of others fans as well as your efforts being broadcasted on national television/internet channels. Which does not even come close to the rewards received on internet pokemon games such as this and the praise received by the 6 or so active people in your clan.

2 and 3 are covered by my above statement.

Thank you for your time.

• 3 weeks later...