Upcoming changes to how Boss Battles work

Thor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

296280 Indeed. Instead of that, the boss could ask you which prize you prefer. If possible of course.

yeah I like this idea tbh

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

296280 Indeed. Instead of that, the boss could ask you which prize you prefer. If possible of course.

Though this idea seems good, it'd ruin the whole point of randomized rewards. If this suggestion gets thought about, then hell, you guys better make the bosses extremely hard. Otherwise, there's no point in having boss rewards. -1

this is very possible, however the whole point is to guarantee a top tier prize with consistency. And gives players incentive to get good and win.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

296358 this is very possible, however the whole point is to guarantee a top tier prize with consistency. And gives players incentive to get good and win.

well never lost after I got my curselax so well not hard to "get good"

but "top tier" prize is kinda debatable as we said

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Though this idea seems good, it'd ruin the whole point of randomized rewards. If this suggestion gets thought about, then hell, you guys better make the bosses extremely hard. Otherwise, there's no point in having boss rewards. -1

I'm not sure if you understand. We're talking about Thor's second point, which says "Prizes will receive tweaks, including the possibility of automatically receiving the best prize from a boss after beating them a certain amount of times without losing.".

"The best price" could be open to debate for every boss reward. So instead of the possibility of automatically receiving the best prize, the winning player should have the option to choose. For example you may think Bulbasaur is the best reward from Boss Oak while I think Charmander is.

this is very possible, however the whole point is to guarantee a top tier prize with consistency. And gives players incentive to get good and win.

Same thing applies here. You can't say "this prize is the best" for most boss rewards, they're very debatable as PreHax has also mentioned.

Thanks for the great changes btw.