Seeing bots reduces motivation to hunt.

Sk8trgod618

ah the daily cry post about how bots ruin the game...

I don't think you guys remember the times when we had +500 people Q's just to get in on every server. They already banned a lot of bots so what's the problem, not everyone is a bot just because he has x amount of hours, x amount of cash to spent or x amount of epic rare pokemons

report them and they will be investigated ( it works, I got at least 10 botters banned )

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

323420 But I'm must do ask why report video isn't enough to ban a botter ?

Because videos can be edited, or those people you PM'd may have answer after the end of the video, etc.

2min isn't enough to determine if someone really is botting, no matter how suspicious it looks

For all I know it could be someone on two computers, thus the similar moves

Players don't have access to our checking tools hence why we cannot ban with their videos, as good as those can be. Now adding a video to your report is very usefull for us as it allow us to know what kind of bots we got and so investigate easier before finding the bot ingame

MXXz2RI.gif?2

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum.

Unsolicited messages will be garbodored. Thanks. I still love you if you pm me

PS: all staff that copied my signature are all fanboys

ITS MY BIRTHDAY

323183 Seeing so many bots everywhere, hunting anything that is good or popular, affects my motivation to hunt. If players hunting near me were all human controlled, hunting would not be so bad. Everyone would get to share their findings and try to 1 up eachother.

But this bot infestation is making me consider quitting. Why should we non-botters work so hard for something that botters can accomplish while not even at their computers?

I want to hunt Xmas Eevee and I've already caught around 60 Eevee. Yet, being surrounded by bots who have 50m and catch xmas pokemon to sell for 100m, when the most money I've ever had is 1.5m, it's quite depressing and harshly affects motivation.

Enough of my blabbing.

I wonder how the rest of the community feels about this? Feel free to comment.

I'm finding it difficult to keep any kind of motivation to continue hunting. :Cry:

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like all i see from your post most of the time is you talking about the negatives of something (for example, the skrelp incident). I do agree with a lot of your points, i just feel like you focus a little much on the negative and not a lot of the positive.

clannad3ah5s_by_ephayris-d7yshr3.jpg

#TEAM ROWLETT

200w.gif#2

When u see my video here :

the video doesn't really say anything about the two people, they happen to move the same pattern, that's all. If anything, that Rhisan guy on the left side of the video would be more suspicious, because I can't imagine people spam w and s in a rate like that for a long period of time. If that guys been hunting like that for hours, he's a bot, because to move like that you would actually have to spam w and s very quickly for a very long time. When I hunt, I just find a piece of grass so I can go all the way to left and all the way to right to minimize the amount of key spamming, instead of moving in the same two-three cells back and forth(it's really hard and tired to do that).

3sJBaVY.gif

When u see my video here :

the video doesn't really say anything about the two people, they happen to move the same pattern, that's all. If anything, that Rhisan guy on the left side of the video would be more suspicious, because I can't imagine people spam w and s in a rate like that for a long period of time. If that guys been hunting like that for hours, he's a bot, because to move like that you would actually have to spam w and s very quickly for a very long time. When I hunt, I just find a piece of grass so I can go all the way to left and all the way to right to minimize the amount of key spamming, instead of moving in the same two-three cells back and forth(it's really hard and tired to do that).

U forgot the diagonal move move mate! And the probability that they do the same move in the same moment is very low.

Btw they have been ban by kagawa :)

324106 U forgot the diagonal move

When I change map, I often see people moving like that accross the whole map, they ain't bots it's just a graphic bug due to lags, it happens

Diagonal move + same move at the same moment+ no reply to pm.

They got banned for botting !

why u continu to try to defend them ? omg

324135 Diagonal move + same move at the same moment+ no reply to pm.

According to your standards, it's because I'm botting, lulz.

I just said that it's not 'cause he moved one tile in diagonal that he was botting. You could see anyone moving like that and for much more than a single tile

324106 U forgot the diagonal move

When I change map, I often see people moving like that accross the whole map, they ain't bots it's just a graphic bug due to lags, it happens

Diagonal move + same move at the same moment+ no reply to pm.

Actually I get his reasons. He is not defending the botters in the video , but just there is a 1% of possibility that they were not botting. You can't condemn someone unless you are 100% sure.

I can prove you are a botter, is easy. I can ask to a friend and ask him to "copy your movements", and there is how I can get a good video to prove you're a botter when you are not. I'm not saying that you did this, but someone with bad intentions might does.