Factions Concept.

Orihara

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44822 Greetings PRO players, i'd like to introduce you to a concept that might interest you; Factions.

Next week, we'll be tackling times tables, and then we'll move onto long division!

Also, why is this thread pinned?

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

44832I have a base idea on raids, tho not something i'm going to publicize.

So you only want feedback on parts of the suggestion, but for the specifics you don't want any feedback? Seems counter-intuitive; that means regardless of the feedback here, we could still end up with something that wouldn't be liked by the same people who supported the idea, so I recommend moving this to Suggestions and presenting your suggestion like a normal player with full disclosure of your thoughts and how this should be implemented.

Generally speaking, I'm for it and things like this, but it doesn't matter because you can't intentionally leave out details of your suggestion and have anyone review it properly. All suggestions should be judged equally, and you're missing important parts from your pitch. Your suggestion shouldn't get special treatment just because you have a green name. If something unnecessary is pinned, it should be on merit, but this thread is only two days old and hasn't faced much real criticism yet.

As for what you've presented, I think you should change the name from "The Revolution Army" to The Revolutionary Army (unless it was a mistake). Sounds better, but more importantly, it makes more sense grammatically.

So you only want feedback on parts of the suggestion, but for the specifics you don't want any feedback? Seems counter-intuitive; that means regardless of the feedback here, we could still end up with something that wouldn't be liked by the same people who supported the idea, so I recommend moving this to Suggestions and presenting your suggestion like a normal player with full disclosure of your thoughts and how this should be implemented.

Generally speaking, I'm for it and things like this, but it doesn't matter because you can't intentionally leave out details of your suggestion and have anyone review it properly. All suggestions should be judged equally, and you're missing important parts from your pitch. Your suggestion shouldn't get special treatment just because you have a green name. If something unnecessary is pinned, it should be on merit, but this thread is only two days old and hasn't faced much real criticism yet.

As for what you've presented, I think you should change the name from "The Revolution Army" to The Revolutionary Army (unless it was a mistake). Sounds better, but more importantly, it makes more sense grammatically.

Names are only temporarly to give out a proper chart, which indicates that they are not decided.

As for mechanics, this is something that needs to be discussed internally with the content team, which is the usual procedure in how we introduce things.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Names are only temporarly to give out a proper chart, which indicates that they are not decided.

As for mechanics, this is something that needs to be discussed internally with the content team, which is the usual procedure in how we introduce things.

lel m8, you only addressed a fraction of miles' post.

Seriously though, if this is gonna be pinned, you could at least clean up the OP. It looks awful right now - an oddly formatted glob of random bits of information rife with spelling and grammatical errors. This is the highest pinned staff created topic in one of the most popular sections of the forums, after all.

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

45112As for mechanics, this is something that needs to be discussed internally with the content team, which is the usual procedure in how we introduce things.

Procedure or not, if this was anyone else's suggestion, the first thing I'd ask with anything of this scope is how it's going to be implemented. That includes, at the bare minimum, a general overview of your "raids." The reason you shouldn't be able to get away with that here is that you're not introducing this internally, you are deliberately asking the public for feedback on a suggestion and holding out on information vital to giving you feedback. What are you trying to accomplish here?

"We're gonna build a plane and we want to know what you think."

"Sounds great! Do it!"

"Okay content team, how can we use cheese wheels for landing gear?"

At least give a broad statement that lets us judge what raids will be and how they will work.

You didn't even address why this should be pinned (in the wrong forum).

7Dw9C3H.png

45204 the first thing I'd ask with anything of this scope is how it's going to be implemented.

44822 Now before i start, keep in mind that this only a concept, not something that is planned to be implemented, only for discussions and feedback if possible.

The reason behind that would be that there is no valid source for me to put out without throughout consideration and calculating. On that note, i'd rather not put out a chart right off the bat. Just a few scraps of ideas. In which feedback is being requested as well as possible suggestions on that regard.

Then again, given the fact that this is a pokemon game, options are not that vast...

Could be a survival, or catch as much as possible, maybe even boss battles. Who knows.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Procedure or not, if this was anyone else's suggestion, the first thing I'd ask with anything of this scope is how it's going to be implemented. That includes, at the bare minimum, a general overview of your "raids." The reason you shouldn't be able to get away with that here is that you're not introducing this internally, you are deliberately asking the public for feedback on a suggestion and holding out on information vital to giving you feedback. What are you trying to accomplish here?

"We're gonna build a plane and we want to know what you think."

"Sounds great! Do it!"

"Okay content team, how can we use cheese wheels for landing gear?"

At least give a broad statement that lets us judge what raids will be and how they will work.

You didn't even address why this should be pinned (in the wrong forum).

7Dw9C3H.png

I can't speak for Deathwing, but I'm assuming that the reason this is posted in the General Game Talk thread is that the idea hasn't completely materialized into a suggestion yet. He's looking for a discussion about these sorts of things. He's looking for input into what things could be added/changed about the idea. He's simply looking for feedback. That's what he's trying to accomplish here. :)

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

44822Now before i start, keep in mind that this only a concept, not something that is planned to be implemented, only for discussions and feedback if possible.

No, you're toeing the line between having suggestion and not for the sake of this argument -- except you're nowhere near any gray area. Just because you said it's not a suggestion doesn't mean it doesn't fit the definition of a suggestion. On the contrary, all normal suggestions start as things that are not planned to be implemented. Quoting yourself doesn't inherently refute logic.

44822Could be a survival, or catch as much as possible, maybe even boss battles. Who knows.

Well if that's all you've got for us, then no, I don't want raids because I have no idea what you want to do, and it seems neither do you at the moment.

I like the things you did have clear thoughts on, for example having factions, bases, and rankings. I say yes to those.

He's simply looking for feedback.

I know, and his intentions are good, but this is a suggestion; it's being put forward for our consideration. An incomplete suggestion is still a suggestion.