Factions Concept.

Orihara

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love the concept. But I hope it will play out like in Hogwarts with four factions: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. Each of us being sorted then doing stuffs like competitions plus our own 'bases' or headquarters, a city perhaps with different matching color schemes. Just sayin. Excited for hoenn

Uh, so this caught my eye off the bat. DEFINITELY excited for this concept. But - I like some of the secondary thoughts being thrown around. Especially things like Elucidator's last post: having more than two factions would make the game more dynamic.

Pro: more variation to choose from; more in-depth than "good vs. evil"; could have a fantastic effect of large groups creating alliances/breaking them/plot points outside of the coding of the main game

Con: complicated; might conflict with guild alliances (though that could be a plus??); I imagine the additional coding might be messy and larger than what the PRO team wants to do

financial pro for PRO: with more factions comes more opportunity for buyable OR earnable merchandise representing the factions. Assuming 4, like the Hogwarts houses, you have four sets of things like hats, shirts, flags, possible mount accessories?? (Thinking like a "shirt" for a mount or something)

They could even be divvied up into things that are strictly earnable within one faction through gameplay/achievements and/or pay/MS benefits... and then other options, like tiny flags, that you could buy regardless of faction.

I'm thinking something like "Hi, I'm a hufflepuff and here's my ninetales mount with my HUFFLEPUFF MOUNT SHIRT, but my friend is Ravenclaw so I also have this tiny flag for Ravenclaw which I bought."

Or, even more complex here, there could be items available through faction alliance achievements. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs team up against the Griffindors and Slytherins, and there's a battle; G/S get little awards representing both teams, whereas H/R get their respectives ones, too.

Of course, I'm coming from a mindset of back-in-the-day Neopets events/rewards. This stuff could be totally impossible... but it's neat to think about.

*House names used in this post only for effect & reference.

---

tl;dr - factions? Yes please.

Pokemon Rangers versus Global Corporation.

The corporation wants to industrialize the regions, spreading technology and monetizing pokemon.

While Rangers are trying to preserve the natural habitat for pokemon and live equally to them.

Just a idea to throw :Grin:

104292 Pokemon Rangers versus Global Corporation.

The corporation wants to industrialize the regions, spreading technology and monetizing pokemon.

While Rangers are trying to preserve the natural habitat for pokemon and live equally to them.

Just a idea to throw :Grin:

Team Magma or Rangers. I'd be willing to join either :D

*Ahem* Team Magma is best team.

[glow=purple]S-Senpai...?[/glow]

ks_banner.jpg

[glow=purple]Muv-Luv is my Love![/glow]